aftermarket wheels thread

hi chaps

is there an aftermarket wheel thread for the mk3?   i seached but couldn't find one..

would like to see what you guys have fitted to your cars. 

EDIT:

Please post pics, not links.  Can you also include please:

Wheel brand/name:

Size:

ET:

Tyre:

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc:

Weight:

cheers

Rob

ATS Radial Graphite's look pretty tasty. There's a fella who parks his White VRS with them on at my local train station, and I keep pondering whether I should get a set or not. They look very similar to VRS stock 18"s, but are 17" and fitted with 215/50 Conti (I think) Winter tires.

ATS Radial Graphite's look pretty tasty. There's a fella who parks his White VRS with them on at my local train station, and I keep pondering whether I should get a set or not. They look very similar to VRS stock 18"s, but are 17" and fitted with 215/50 Conti (I think) Winter tires.

Yeah I toyed with those for almost a year for my winter wheels but the price drove me to the Dezent TDs.

There are several aftermarket wheel pictures in this thread, although most are 16"/17" aimed at winter wheels:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296835-winters-on/

Edited by Gabbo

Guest Cossiecol

Like them Cossiecol, look real easy to clean too.

Yeah they are mate, I've got them sealed too, which means that all it takes is a pressure wash and all the cr@p comes off easily :)

I got these for my winter set ....think there called dotz or doltz ..........

well its xmas... time for a wash its 6 months are up and winters on ..............
trouble is once clean....ish it will show all the scratches and marks
Edited by greatdane

Hmmm, 17" rims are generally cheaper than 18" but I'd hate to order some get tyres fitted and balanced then find the weights fouled on the calliper as Les so nearly did. Maybe if in doubt, trial fit a rim before fitting tyres, so the rims can be returned if need be.

• Like 1

Yeah I toyed with those for almost a year for my winter wheels but the price drove me to the Dezent TDs.

There are several aftermarket wheel pictures in this thread, although most are 16"/17" aimed at winter wheels:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296835-winters-on/

A full set of ATS Radials can be had for £380 delivered from felgenoutlet.de . They are a very reliable supplier based in Germany, who are happy to ship to the UK.

http://www.felgenoutlet.de/de_en/4737132e_Fahrzeug/Sonderangebot/420_f3_z17/ATS_Radial_racing_grau

I bought some of these earlier this year for my winter tyres.  For the life of me I can't remember the make or model but they are 8x18 ET45s and I think look good. Only downside is the Nokians don't offer enough rim protection so I fitted some Alloy Gators (which look sh!te, to be honest)

oct06_zps777f8ee1.jpg

oct02_zps1cec83b3.jpg

Edited by Smeghead
  • Like 1

Thanks chaps.

Can i suggest posters include the following where posting pics:

Wheel brand/name:

Size:

ET:

Tyre:

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc:

Weight:

E.g. for mine (mk2 i know, but you get the gist)

9006086625_25ea4d0857.jpg

Wheel brand/name: Neuspeed RSe07

Size: 8x18

ET:45

Tyre: 225/40 18

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc:  H&R coilovers.

Weight: 9kg

• Like 2

Getting ready to jump Rob ;-)

The car will be 2 yrs old at the end of this month.  It has 65k miles on it so far..  i'll be ordering something new around Feb i guess.  Might be a mk3 vRS (hence wanting to see what people have done wheel -wise) or maybe a golf R wagon but that might be too much ££.  :)

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

Sorry, have I missed the point?

I don't remember Rob mentioning the word 'winter', yet nearly everyone has drifted off onto winter wheels :(

That's probably because at this time of year most people that have bought a second set of alloys have them as winter wheels (myself included) therefore it stands to reason that this is what you'll get.

If this thread was started in summer I don't think you would hear winter mentioned too often.

That's probably because at this time of year most people that have bought a second set of alloys have them as winter wheels (myself included) therefore it stands to reason that this is what you'll get.

If this thread was started in summer I don't think you would hear winter mentioned too often.

Knowing Rob, it's more likely that these are going to be a replacement, rather than an addition

People are allowed to buy 'ordinary' wheels in winter

post-104552-0-21687600-1418211903_thumb.jpg

Wheel brand/name: Speedline Corse SL2 Marmora

Size: 18

ET: 45

Tyre: Vredstein Winter Extreme 225/40 R18 92W

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc: H&R springs

Weight: not sure but a lot lighter than stock

post-104552-0-06613200-1418211733_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I only mentioned winter as the alloys are for my winter tyres. Nothing more sinister :)

Me too.

I bought aftermarket wheels as I can't be ar$ed to change tyres over every year (twice) and then have to store the tyres anyway. The wheels take up no more space than the tyres on their own and overall cost of ownership will be much the same..

How about a nice 5 spoke with a 5 year guarantee? Sorry, I know winters are out, but these look quite good on a limited budget? Got the 16" for winter, worked very well and I think you can get them in bigger rims

http://www.tyremen.co.uk/product/72277/grip-silver--skoda---octavia-2004

Jon