First play in the snow

muddyboots

I also had a play in the yeti L&k it was perfect not a slip or slide to be had.

Very impressed on the country roads

7F77FA1C-27F5-4D2C-ABAE-681E44CE9A8F.jpg

For the first time in 2 years I found out how good my Yeti is on winters in the snow. On Boxing Day evening I drove 15 miles home from Derbyshire to North Notts. it performed perfectly. Just drove steadily and smoothly checking every junction for drivers not driving appropriately. I had to negotiate several abounded vehicles and a number of trees and branches brought down with the weight of snow.

• Like 1

For the first time in 2 years I found out how good my Yeti is on winters in the snow. On Boxing Day evening I drove 15 miles home from Derbyshire to North Notts. it performed perfectly. Just drove steadily and smoothly checking every junction for drivers not driving appropriately. I had to negotiate several abounded vehicles and a number of trees and branches brought down with the weight of snow.

Quality car in the snow with a decent head behind the wheel.

• Like 1

Awesome, was that yesterday evening?

I had ours up pyms chair (kettleshulme) yesterday afternoon and took great pleasure in stopping on the white stuff while going up hill to let people past the other way :-) totally opposite to how it should be done but the yeti never missed a beat.

Can't ever remember seeing roads that clear (of cars) down here in the South.

On the very rare occasions we get snow like that the issue isn't how good your tyres are (or aren't), it's all the hundreds of other cars jamming up the roads in front and behind you that prevent any progress!

• Like 3

Awesome, was that yesterday evening?

I had ours up pyms chair (kettleshulme) yesterday afternoon and took great pleasure in stopping on the white stuff while going up hill to let people past the other way :-) totally opposite to how it should be done but the yeti never missed a beat.

Think it was Boxing Day evening, snow came down thick and fast.

I also had a play in the yeti L&k it was perfect not a slip or slide to be had.

Very impressed on the country roads

7F77FA1C-27F5-4D2C-ABAE-681E44CE9A8F.jpg

Why have you got all that snow on your bonnet? It looks like it's reducing your visibility.

Why have you got all that snow on your bonnet? It looks like it's reducing your visibility.

No it didn't reduce any visibility I'm 6ft 2 and I position my seat quite high, tbh I didn't even notice that's how much it reduced visibility.

I thought you would have been more having a go about the fact I was taking photos while driving lol

• Like 1

You can't tell from the photo if you are driving or stopped.

What I was meaning was your quote about a decent head behind the wheel. The first thing you should do is clear ALL snow off your vehicle before setting off, so it doesn't slide off the roof over the windscreen, or blow off the bonnet onto the screen, giving zero visibility.

I'm not knocking your driving ability, but a decent head should know these things.

• Like 3

What I was meaning was your quote about a decent head behind the wheel. The first thing you should do is clear ALL snow off your vehicle before setting off, so it doesn't slide off the roof over the windscreen, or blow off the bonnet onto the screen, giving zero visibility.

I'm not knocking your driving ability, but a decent head should know these things.

Saw 2 people who hadn't cleared the roof who stopped quick then couldn't see anything. One dozy tart in a mini then tried to clear 3"+ of snow with the wipers which promptly jammed half way up the windscreen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I did clear the roof, the bonnet was not necessary.

I came over the Woodhead Pass Boxing day 8.0pm ish and up the Stocksbridge bypass to Birdwell - cars were all over the roads and struggling. But the Yeti took it in its stride with impeccable manners!

• Like 1

I think the local constabulary would have a different opinion.

Cracking photo mind you, wish I had that snow up here.

I don't think so

With the amount of Hellshine Abyess on Dinski,s Yeti there is no way snow would ever stick to his bonnet. It would land on it and retreat to the floor.

Tony

Lol thanks Tony, it actually needs doing again, well at least a good wash anyway, just haven't been up to doing it at the mo.

It's actually really dirty at the moment I'm ashamed to say.

With the amount of Hellshine Abyess on Dinski,s Yeti there is no way snow would ever stick to his bonnet. It would land on it and retreat to the floor.

Tony

Doesn't seem to be working, looking at the photo.