Audi RS3 2015 -Anticipate some detail on price and spec soon. Delivery due mid 2015

vrskeith

There is a deal on the S8 at the moment for £3k + 23 x 329+ vat. (550Ps V8 twin turbo) £81k RRP for £12680inc vat over 2 years, wowzer!!!!

I reckon the road tax and insurance would kill me on that one :D

Edited by Lady Elanore

Great deals on the A/S 8.

Problem is they based the spec of the S8 on a low rent A8, so missing a lot of stuff even my Sport Exec A8 gets as standard.

Amazing engine though and great deal.

MPG should be amusing. :D

Great deals on the A/S 8.

Problem is they based the spec of the S8 on a low rent A8, so missing a lot of stuff even my Sport Exec A8 gets as standard.

Amazing engine though and great deal.

MPG should be amusing. :D

In 6 months time I'd be seriously interested. :)

Reckon 20mpg might be achievable if driven sensible :D

• Like 1

There is a deal on the S8 at the moment for £3k + 23 x 329+ vat. (550Ps V8 twin turbo) £81k RRP for £12680inc vat over 2 years, wowzer!!!!

I had an email with it at £379.99 + vat and only 8K miles pa. If it really is £329+vat than that is the bargain of the century!!

Always had a bit of a 'thing' for Audi S8's.

• Like 1

I had an email with it at £379.99 + vat and only 8K miles pa. If it really is £329+vat than that is the bargain of the century!!

Always had a bit of a 'thing' for Audi S8's.

Yep, WAS deffo £329.99+vat

All been sold now apparently, but might have some more on Monday.

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/9967-audi-s8-2-years-£32999-vat-£1083977-vat-total-cost-£81k-car/#entry163508

Spec of above car :https://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/mail/Downloader?dhid=attachmentDownloader&messageId=7043&accountName=DefaultMailAccount&folderPath=INBOX&contentDisposition=attachment&attachmentIndex=1&contentSeed=06386&pct=d4668&contentDisposition=attachment&u=keith.morris06&d=btinternet.com&t=d8717

Car due to be available 11 August with approx. 3000 miles on the demo clock.

Are they out to make a fast buck here then!! Delivery on new, forecast at Jan- March now depending on spec.

This just goes to prove to me, what a good VFM Package this is, in comparison spec for spec as well as drive ability. Demo RS3  v e.g. http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Golf-GTI/GTD/R/2.0-TSI-R-300-PS-DSG/Twickenham/3853636-605132698-719064.aspx?

srcmdc=se_na_re_

Saving of £13k  Simples.

Or even this !http://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/1-Series/3.0-M135i/Reading/3415256-605125826-3497214.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

It is but an RS you wouldn't mark as a high volume car. I'm sure it will sell what they expect.

Was meant to be getting one next month but in no hurry as I'm just being nosey lol

• Like 1

I see Steve Sutcliffe pitted an RS3, M3 and the new Civic on track. the RS3 was slowest and seemed to be the least enjoyable according to SS. Mind you the Honda pipped the M3 for lap time too, even if it wasn't quite as much fun to hoon about. I realise that track stuff isn't particularly useful in evaluating road cars, but it gives you some idea of the cars behaviour around the limit. No doubting the RS3 is very quick in a straight line (and no doubt cross country) and sounds epic :)

• Like 1

I see Steve Sutcliffe pitted an RS3, M3 and the new Civic on track. the RS3 was slowest and seemed to be the least enjoyable according to SS. Mind you the Honda pipped the M3 for lap time too, even if it wasn't quite as much fun to hoon about. I realise that track stuff isn't particularly useful in evaluating road cars, but it gives you some idea of the cars behaviour around the limit. No doubting the RS3 is very quick in a straight line (and no doubt cross country) and sounds epic :)

Posted video on the Honda Type R thread yesterday.

Spec of above car :https://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/mail/Downloader?dhid=attachmentDownloader&messageId=7043&accountName=DefaultMailAccount&folderPath=INBOX&contentDisposition=attachment&attachmentIndex=1&contentSeed=06386&pct=d4668&contentDisposition=attachment&u=keith.morris06&d=btinternet.com&t=d8717

Car due to be available 11 August with approx. 3000 miles on the demo clock.

Are they out to make a fast buck here then!! Delivery on new, forecast at Jan- March now depending on spec.

So this weekend we have a few more appear on the Audi Used website :

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=1026728&vhl=605178773&srcmdc=se_na_re_             SOLD

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=15232&vhl=605180440&srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a3/2.5-t-fsi-quattro-s-tronic/york/605136545-35615.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_                         SOLD

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a3/2.5-t-fsi-quattro-s-tronic/portadown/605173992-1898880.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Note! In the space of 5 minutes it took to post this ,TWO CARS HAVE BEEN REGISTERED AS SOLD!       ONE WAS AT £36.8K , estimated @ 5000 miles available Oct 2015. Think the other was pitched @ £43k

Edited by vrskeith

So just nipping over to my Partner's place , 5 minutes down the road from my house and I came across my 1st locally owned RS3, in Red with standard alloys.

He came up behind and then we parted company at the next roundabout, as he came alongside, we acknowledged each other with a thumbs up!

Thought for a while we were going to have an Evo moment!!lol

• Like 1

Also interesting, compared to Evo test with another staff driver on Bedford Aerodrome in similar weather conditions.

• Like 1

Here's an article about the RS3 Sportback from today's Sunday Times.....

Audi RS 3 Sportback, £39,995

WITH the Audi RS 3 Sportback it’s all about the numbers, so take a moment to marvel at the accompanying specifications box. This is a car that ostensibly looks like anybody else’s five-door hatchback but gets from zero to 62mph while you’re still on the pavement fumbling with the key fob. If Audi didn’t limit it, the engine would go on from there to reach 174mph, causing your eyes to take up new positions just in front of your ears.

Audi RS 3 Sportback
Price From £39,955
Engine 2480cc, 5 cylinders, turbo petrol
Power 362bhp @ 5550rpm
Torque 343 lb ft @ 1625rpm
Transmission 7-speed S tronic automatic, four-wheel drive
Acceleration 0-62mph: 4.3sec
Top speed 155mph
Fuel 34.9mpg (combined)
CO2 189g/km
Road tax J (£490 for first year; £265 thereafter)
We like. The most bang you can buy for your buck
We don't like. If anything, it's too reserved

CRITIC'S RATING

Because its 2.5-litre five-cylinder engine generates 362bhp, the RS 3 Sportback is one of the most powerful production hatches on the market. It therefore cocks a power-snook at the BMW M135i, lords it over the upcoming Ford Focus RS and blows the Volkswagen Golf R into the weeds. Only the new Mercedes-AMG A 45, with a ludicrous 376bhp, beats it in the power stakes — while matching it exactly on price.

Along with the VW Golf R400, which arrives next year with 395bhp, these cars form a new breed of ultra-hatch, costing about £40,000, whose founding purpose and lasting mission on earth is to annoy people who spent six figures on a supercar. Performance with practicality is the deal. The RS 3 can beat Audi’s V8-engined R8 up the road but, unlike the R8, it can also hold a baby buggy and a sack of hedge clippings. And did we mention that it costs only £40,000?

Essentially, at the annual automotive summer party, the RS 3 and its pals are going round the room saying, “You’re a sucker . . . and you’re a sucker . . . and you’re a sucker . . .”

Such triumphalism is by its very nature short-lived, though. Soon, no doubt, a hot-hatch manufacturer will break the 400bhp limit, and, just like that, the Top Trumps cards will need to be printed all over again.

If it’s going to hang around looking desirable, then, the RS 3 is going to need a reason to be loved beyond mere statistics. So how does it cope with that?

Well, being an Audi, it’s not shouting about itself outwardly. The RS signifiers are few and quiet: honeycomb grille, swollen arches, 19in alloys, roof spoiler. That’s it. Inside, my test model had leathery and easeful — and optional — Super Sports seats, and in combination with the quietly poised dashboard, the feel was more executive lounge than yob heaven.

The flat-bottomed steering wheel clad with Alcantara was more of a traditional giveaway, but the drive selector, which takes you from Comfort through Auto and up to the fully snorting Dynamic mode, is a simple, quiet tab at the end of a row of other simple, quiet tabs; the badging is relatively discreet and the interior, almost unthinkably, survives without one single recourse to red stitchwork.

You shall know the car’s darker purposes by the fact that it is fitted with a) a lap timer and B) launch control. This allows you to stand on the brake and the accelerator at the same time and wait for the engine to go out of its mind with frustration. Then, just when every screw in the car is coming loose, you let the brake go and fly up the road like jelly flung off a spoon. It’s certainly a novel way to start the day, though it has to be said the practice tends to be frowned on in built-up areas, especially residential ones.

Audi has jiggered with the software so that the automatic gearbox whips more quickly through its seven speeds. The quattro system Velcros the wheels to the surface, as you would expect, and the steering wheel has some proper heft to it, but the overall experience is super-smooth rather than low-down and dirty. If anything, the drive is too refined and other hot hatches (and cheaper ones) may approach the business of going stupidly quick with a bit more simple glee.

It’s hard to quibble with the engine noise, though. Turn the key and the twin exhausts blurt with excitement and then settle down into a bowel-stirring low thrum. They then continue to pop and burble through downshifts in a way that I couldn’t imagine myself tiring of very quickly. There’s your reason to buy, right there. Performance figures are temporary but that noise is permanent.

Until someone brings out a poppier, burblier one, of course.

The rivals

Mercedes-AMG A 45, £39,995

For Goes like billyo; smart interior
Against The styling is not to everyone’s taste

Volkswagen Golf R, £30,820

For The perfect combination of price, handling and performance
Against Set to be replaced by R400

It's funny that we had the M135/235, then the Golf R and the S3 and every mag said it was amazing that we could have such fast hatch backs and how they would have been called supercars 25 years ago. Then the A45 sort upset the apple cart a bit and before we could blink we get the RS3, A45 (with extra power) Golf 400 and the M2. You have to wonder in a couple of years time when the dust has settled, where will the manufacturers be going with the next round of Top Trumps?  4x4 triple 1.5 with 550bhp anyone?

Edited by Lady Elanore

So with the M2, Focus RS and R400 approximate year away ,there is still plenty of time to sell more of the current Hot Hatch Mentioned in the Sunday Times article.

Not sure what the Facelifted  / higher powered A45 AMG will give us.

Most people are cashing in via company purchases or Very attractive PCP methods of purchase, so why wait .

Have Fun Now  and live for today!! 

Edited by vrskeith