Lidl Screen Wash Lack of....

gregoir

Im using halfords purple at the moment Does not seem to clog rear washer, famous last words eh. Seems to be doing  a good job as ChrisRs says halfords is good gear.

It's mostly dirt on the Octavia due to its position that causes it to block. At least that was the case with ours

I asked last Friday, The assistant said they had had some in but it had sold out.  Didn't know if/when it was coming back in.

Strange that, as I go most weeks and they usually have it by the pallet full. 

No mention in the flyer (which I get via email) of any screenwash - unless they edit it for the different areas?

Got  a couple of containers. Not many left in the Chesterfield store.

Been looking at ready mixed stuff in various shops and garages. Just assertions that it is suitable for winter and even the concentrate I saw said good for -3°C.

No wonder the Lidl stuff falls off the shelves.

I hope they have improved the containers as I had the small side lid fail on one I bought last year. Didn't appreciated smelling of whatever the scent is (although it does smell a bit like Hai-Karate - I suspect that one or two of the forum members have still a stock of this from the 70s) when it went everywhere!

At last.  Local Lidl, well, nearish at Wisbech still didn't have any at the weekend.  

Had to pop over to March yesterday where the newly refurbished one had a few left in a stillage so I bought a couple which will last ages.

First Lidl with an easily accessible loo that I've seen.  Never been a problem if someone's been caught short mind. 

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Darlington to get some a while ago and they had 5 bottles in stock so I took 4 of them then a week later our local (Catterick) had lots of the stuff in so I got another 4 bottles. Now have 8 bottles of screen-wash in my bedroom. Not giving away/selling, dad can use his own these are top secret.

I use vag  :) because i like the smell.

I take it it squirts well?  :x

• 10 months later...

I know this is a thread resurrection, but has anyone seen any of the lidl screenwash in their shops yet?. Their ad for next Thursday is only listing the premixed stuff, but I would like to get a couple of bottles of the concentrate if it is about at all.

I know this is a thread resurrection, but has anyone seen any of the lidl screenwash in their shops yet?. Their ad for next Thursday is only listing the premixed stuff, but I would like to get a couple of bottles of the concentrate if it is about at all.

I dunni but it seems we have car essentials next monday on special in lidl - no mention of screen wash on listing, but it might in too. If we have it here, probably the same over your side of the pond (tends to be the same specials both countries)

Quattro Stagione!!

quattro-stagioni.jpg

You might well get that in Lidl as well.

"All seasons" usually doesn't mean any lower than -5C.

Round here in winter that's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Seeing -10c on the dash isn't that uncommon in winter and last el Nino we were seeing -20C.

• Like 3

Re-bumping old thread, Lidl's batch this year will be stocked on Thursday 14th January - http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=740

I've got dibs on the Totton store!

£4 car bulbs and £5 window wipers too by the way, no mention of quality though ;)

edit: just saw someone posted the link above, doh!!  :clap:

Edited by skaarlaw
  • Like 2

Lidl bulbs usually OK - they last a fair while but are perhaps not as bright as some of the ones we've been discussing on the forum recently.

Can't speak for the wipers, as I use Michelin Stealth wipers from Costco.

Still on the lookout for Lidl's concentrated screen wash though, rather than that premixed stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.