Anybody test driven the new Toyota Aygo?

Stormchaser

Been looking at the 2nd from top model tonight online but not seen one for real.

Anybody looked/driven one?

Not sure of that big X on the front [emoji6]

9196f4fa4ee215c135b9ddd6e571cf53.jpg

Quite a lot of equipment for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a Toyota dealer near where I live. So I have seen new Aygo. Not bad. Still Aygo never came to my mind when I was about to buy a new small car. It will not perform very well in tests. The three sisters from VAG often performs better.

For example Autoexpress says: "...the Citigo still sets the standard in the small car class".

Toyota Aygo vs Skoda Citigo | Auto Express

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/aygo/87792/toyota-aygo-vs-skoda-citigo

predator.jpg

My immediate thoughts when I saw that front grille is that it's been styled on the alien's mouth from the Predator films...

It's the same as the Lexus front grille (this is not a good thing).

Alright spec, but from 11,995? Citigo starts well below that, and at the budget/small car market, that makes a big difference. Never driven it, but doubt I'd consider it. The Citigo was well equipped for its price, and size. The aygo is only the latter, as the former is a little too high for my liking. 

• Like 1

If it had been on the market when I bought my Citigo, I would have gone for the Aygo instead. It looks great (well, to me it does!), quality, great dealers, great price and a lot of standard equipment. My Citigo has been the car with most faults, I have ever owned.

My daughter drove the top of the range one (orange model) and I was a passenger. Cheap interior materials is an understatement !!

Car sounds like it is made from tin foil due to poor sound insulation and feels very lightweight.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a test drive in that model. It's a lovely drive, paddles for gear changes, camera for reversing but the interior is the same bright orange as the exterior, the seats had orange bits and it was all a bit much for me. Also husband wanted cruise control which they'd taken off to fit the paddles. 

• Like 1

Got it as a loaner while my Citigo was in for repair.

It is awful, cheap all the way, sounds like a tin can when closing the doors, the clutch is a thing you really need to get use to its like it has a delay when released. Gearbox is way more "loose" and not as precise and nice feeling as the Citigo

The instruments is a joke, cheap plastic, messy and stupid controls but that a matter of taste. Its more rough sounding than the Citigo, and feels like the engine is more underpowerered, don't know if it actually is, but it feels like it.

Only + is that big LCD display and reverse camera, BUT the resolution of the camera is awful.

I had it for a week and missed my Skoda every minut of that week, Aygo is NOT a car for me, thats for sure

• 2 weeks later...

Got it as a loaner while my Citigo was in for repair.

It is awful, cheap all the way, sounds like a tin can when closing the doors, the clutch is a thing you really need to get use to its like it has a delay when released. Gearbox is way more "loose" and not as precise and nice feeling as the Citigo

The instruments is a joke, cheap plastic, messy and stupid controls but that a matter of taste. Its more rough sounding than the Citigo, and feels like the engine is more underpowerered, don't know if it actually is, but it feels like it.

Only + is that big LCD display and reverse camera, BUT the resolution of the camera is awful.

I had it for a week and missed my Skoda every minut of that week, Aygo is NOT a car for me, thats for sure

Couldn't agree more! Had an X'cite for the last 24 hrs while my car was in for a scratch to be repaired. I liked the look of the Aygo from the front and side although not so sure on the rear. The inside looks very young and fresh but the seats are very thin and the ride is no where near as big car feel as the Citigo. It will probably appeal to youngsters and it is better than the old model but it is just not as good a car overall! It is not a proper Toyota"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Worth a look here.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/320679-citigoaygo-auto-express-road-test/?hl=%2Baygo#entry3910222

All I know is Chris Evans slatted it to death on radio 2 saying if it was the last car on the planet he would rather walk!

I wouldn't take what Chris Evans has to say when he had this to say about the 108 with the 1.2 engine a few weeks after the Aygo: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2719033/Chris-Evans-reviews-Peugeot-108-Allure-1-2-Top-Zut-allure-Women-wont-able-resist-gorgeous-Peugeot-108.html

I test drove a 1.2 Allure 108 at the weekend and I think it was generally OK (I previously owned a 107 for 5 years). I really can't criticise it much because it was either broke or had a fatal flaw and couldn't concentrate. The accelerator was, to put it mildly, razor sharp.

I tried numerous times to pull away smoothly like in my Mii and it just wouldn't have it.

The other problem was price: £11,000 for a 3 door Allure 1.2. £180 a month! and no free servicing and quite high APR. The dealer did say they would cover my negative equity on the Mii (1 year in on PCP).

They asked me to go to Seat and get some figures from there for a Mii Sport. It didn't go well for Peugeot... 

We looked at the C1 airscape which looked a nice car and daughter fell in love with it

But it was too expensive a good 20% more

The renault twingo now that was nice, but tiny boot as rear engined same as smart for 4

We looked at the C1 airscape which looked a nice car and daughter fell in love with it

But it was too expensive a good 20% more

The renault twingo now that was nice, but tiny boot as rear engined same as smart for 4

I'd rather own the new Fabia than a C1 going based on looks, at least the Fabia has certain (all be it an attempt) style, the C1 looks like a turtle

• Like 2

Yeah but that's the sort of thing girls like, big sunroofs (loads of body flex) stripy seats and "B" pillars , bright red sat nav screen surround (toys r us) style etc

I did make me laugh as she kept saying "but dad it's a convertible" until I pointed out that it's a hole in the roof that will leak as it's Citroen and b some "knob" will put a knife through it !

• Like 1

Shoot me down I've gone against the grain!! LOL.... Love the bold look of the Aygo, I've just ordered an X-Play model, well equipped & very nice little cars and the garage let me have a test drive alone for as long I wanted and it struck me as a very capable little car (was very unforgiving on the test drive) and peanuts to run with no road tax & high 60's mpg. I'm 6'3 and I had loads of room.  Maybe just not as refined as the Citigo but it was perfectly acceptable and it was happy sitting at 70-80mph with some power to spare, slightly up on power compared the Citigo with 69bhp vs 60bhp + 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. 

Edited by VRSD30

Shoot me down I've gone against the grain!! LOL.... Love the bold look of the Aygo, I've just ordered an X-Play model, well equipped & very nice little cars and the garage let me have a test drive alone for as long I wanted and it struck me as a very capable little car (was very unforgiving on the test drive) and peanuts to run with no road tax & high 60's mpg. I'm 6'3 and I had loads of room.  Maybe just not as refined as the Citigo but it was perfectly acceptable and it was happy sitting at 70-80mph with some power to spare, slightly up on power compared the Citigo with 69bhp vs 60bhp + 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. 

Blimey, you'll be in trouble here :-)

Hope you'll report your findings.

And hope others will respect your choice.

• Like 2

Blimey, you'll be in trouble here :-)

Hope you'll report your findings.

And hope others will respect your choice.

*Runs for cover* ! lol

Should get it within the next few weeks but that's to be confirmed soon... 

• Like 1

Shoot me down I've gone against the grain!! LOL.... Love the bold look of the Aygo, I've just ordered an X-Play model, well equipped & very nice little cars and the garage let me have a test drive alone for as long I wanted and it struck me as a very capable little car (was very unforgiving on the test drive) and peanuts to run with no road tax & high 60's mpg. I'm 6'3 and I had loads of room. Maybe just not as refined as the Citigo but it was perfectly acceptable and it was happy sitting at 70-80mph with some power to spare, slightly up on power compared the Citigo with 69bhp vs 60bhp + 5 year 100,000 mile warranty.

Your sir are striped of your ranks and banished ;)
  • Like 1

In fact scrap the Aygo!! Was told today that I wouldn't have the model I want until the end of April beginning of May, you know what it's like when you order a new car you just want it ASAP and to be honest there was something bugging me about the Aygo but couldn't put my finger on it!! lol... Aygo cancelled with deposit refunded :) Off to look at Citigo black edition tomorrow, hopefully I'll like that!! 

• Like 3

In fact scrap the Aygo!! Was told today that I wouldn't have the model I want until the end of April beginning of May, you know what it's like when you order a new car you just want it ASAP and to be honest there was something bugging me about the Aygo but couldn't put my finger on it!! lol... Aygo cancelled with deposit refunded :) Off to look at Citigo black edition tomorrow, hopefully I'll like that!! 

Good man ;)

Seriously though, that's unfortunate about the Aygo, glad you got your deposit back in full

• Like 1