BRISKODA National Trackday @ Rockingham

ColinD

I'm thinking April for breaks and full service. Get things beaded in so it's got full contact for the trackday. Am I right? And has anyone had any problems with stock breaks warping or anything? Might think about keeping the old ones as emergency spares if they're any good if that's the case.

I have used standard brakes on track a couple of times. In my opinion, I would at the very least go for uprated pads.

I have used standard brakes on track a couple of times. In my opinion, I would at the very least go for uprated pads.

What can you do with the drums on the back? Can you swap them out for disks or not?

This I would pay to see        :p

You buy me a new brake setup and I'll do it.

• Like 1

Rockingham is a fast circuit, why are we talking about brakes?   :wonder:

Serious, I have to agree, rear brakes do very little, I run standard pads and discs with no issues at all, race pads and decent callipers up front is the way to go.

• Like 2

Have a feeling your line at that corner will therefore be "straight on"   :D  I think there is good run off from memory as you have the rest of the outer oval

I need to get it booked and I need to think about some new Federals for this year, mine are about shot!   

Out of interest, which circuit will be used on 21st?

has anyone started booking yet?

I'm still waiting for Colin to get back to us with the form that may or may not have the discount that we apparently may or may not be getting or not getting. And the camping, need info on the camping too.

• Like 3

Keen to see if there's going to be a decent discount available as £215 + £25 for the Bird to drive aswel is a bit more than I'd want to invest. Particularly as I'll probably break the car again anyway :D

Not with your new super duper clutch, surely? :D  The tight bits look quite interesting for sure.

Colin is looking in to it and I am hoping for a juicy early booking price.  I mentally have at least £160 for it after the Combe full day was excused, so anything around that figure would be awesome. :D

Not with your new super duper clutch, surely? :D  The tight bits look quite interesting for sure.

Colin is looking in to it and I am hoping for a juicy early booking price.  I mentally have at least £160 for it after the Combe full day was excused, so anything around that figure would be awesome. :D

Clutch would be alright, as will the oil cooler. Could be anything next :D

• Administrators

Sorry guys, road trip and nieces birthday party. Noise testing should be mandatory, 20 11year olds playing laserquest is a lot noisier than any private car I've seen on track.

Ok so booking. 

Here is the form link: http://goo.gl/0XtFa6

Not a huge discount, but the price is good even when the early bird runs out.

We can book full day or a taster session, helmets etc.

The taster session schedule wise, is probably lunch for the full day drivers.

• Like 1

When is thew signon and briefing for the 30min lunch time session I am interested to have a go n but can not get there for a 7.30 am signon

There is a separate briefing for people doing the lunchtime taster session and your car will need to be noise tested. I would aim to get there for about half 11 and expect the briefing to be at about 12. Have a look on the website at other taster sessions and it might say.

Think I'll go for the taster, when my car breaks on the first lap its not £100/mile :P

Will get some more laps in closer to home before attempting a full day so far away I think (boo hiss that its not at Blyton)!