Octavia Headlight Bulbs-which Type

Stuart_J

Originally posted by TaviaRS in this post

Just opened the package, and hey, they've sent me some free Phillips Blue Vision Ultra Sidelights! :cool:

Now I really am impressed, I'd heard they were a good company to use and I've recommended them in the past but this is the first time I've used them. I WILL be using them again

Jon

I've just ordered the Philips Vision Plus from them :cheers: I wondered when you fitted all your"test" bulbs did the change affect the beam alignment or not? Just concerned because I've had to have the beams adjusted in the past when I've changed headlamp bulbs.

Rob

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'll take some in a mo of them switched off and I'll do some tonight of them after dark.

Re the Rallye bulbs :D Tried to outdrive the lights last night, on full beam there is no way I could, they have phenominal range, I'd say about 3/4 mile. On dip they are pretty good but main beam is awesome :D

Next up (tonight and tomorrow morning) is the Phillips Blue Vision. I've refitted them so we shall see what they are like for extended use. Oh and I might see what the 100w fogs are like as well, woebetide ant muppet trying it on with front fogs when its not foggy tonight :D

Put a pair of Philips blue vision in my micra yesterday after reading the reviews here. They really are very good. Powerbulbs.com are great like others have said, ordered 11.30am friday, arrived 09.00 saturday:cool:

Now to get dad to buy some for the RS:D

Fitted the Plasma 85 watts from IP & very pleased.

One word of warning to those fitting rally bulbs, because they burn harder their life is limited, my Cibie spots on the scoob which were permenantly wired to come on with main beam ate about 3 sets of bulbs a year, also their performance tends to tail off after a few weeks so yes great lights but not the cheapest to run.

Has anyone seen an Octy with added spots, I just fancy a set for those odd occasions when you really wany to go quick at night but cant believe it can be made to look that good on the car. Then wire them into the main but with an overide switch

Stuart

My Octavia's (2001/10 - 65000km - second hand buy) headlights aren't cristal clear anymore - they are a litle bit white. The guys at the garage said that the reason can be the use of high power bulbs (maybe by the previous owner). Now I have H4 (50/60 - I think).

Did any of you noticed the same loss of transparency?

Robert

Now, Im pretty sure Im going to buy the silver indicator lights front and rear.

Also the Blue sidelights I think will look good.

However, Im not sure about the bluevision main beams.

Do they give worse vision than standard?

Could ANY high power bulb affect the headlamp "Glass"?

and Could they potentially fry the wiring?

It's illegal to fit higher powered bulbs I believe.

The Blue vision main beams definatly give a better light than the original bulbs, alot whiter and more daylight like. Can be fitted with no risk to the car's glass or wiring.

Believe me, best 20 odd quid you'll spend on the car.

Good Day to everyone, was just thinking of fitting a pair of bright new bulbs to my Octy as well and its so lovely to read your various takes on the different bulbs. Just like to confirm though as to the exact correct type to order for the normal beam and fog lights for the Phillips Blue Vision Plus. E.g H4which brightness? and H3which brightness? Just don't want to go wrong with anything and blow the electronics and wiring.

Also, appreciate some valuable tips on the actual changing of blubs as I've always had the dealers do it for me.

Many Thanks And Cheers to The Continued Growth Of SKODA!!!

Brandon

I fitted Philips Philips Vision Plus to my Octy - found them to be excellent - does exactly what is says on the box! Much, much brighter, whiter light and much deeper beam on the road.

Don't know about the fog lamps - haven't changed these.

Num

Also, appreciate if one of you could enlighten me on the 'free' sidelights that Powerblubs throw in. Are the sidelights the ones just below the main ones? The ones that come on when you switch on the dash lights? Or are they the side indicaters that are just below your wing mirrors?

Would just like to be sure.

Thanks

Many Regards

Brandon Pat

Been using the Blue Vision bulbs for over a month now.......definately produces better light but beam is not longer so you can still out drive them.

Side lights have a nice blue tinge to them though.

Best bet is probably the Vision Plus and they're cheaper.

Thanks for clearing my doubts on the sidelights Kentish. Also, appreciate if you could enlighten me on the bulbs that are utilised for the High Beams. Are they of a higher rating? And do they actually come on together with the normal beam or switch?

Regards

Brandon

Just ordered my Phillips Blue Vision H4s. Hope they throw in the sidelights as promised. Will have to wait quite a bit I suppose as I'm way over in Singapore. Hope to receive it by Saturday unless they send it through overnight express.

Will probable get the H3s after installing these. Appreciate some hints on the installation procedure.

Cheers!!!

Brandon