New focus rs - looks a bit pants imho...

Exeterj

167 new & used on Autotrader, all waiting recall to be organised, plus UK owner and worldwide owners and sales stock.

Production finishes after 2years April 2018.

Awesome!! Depreciation already.

Edited by vrskeith

2 hours ago, vrskeith said:

167 new & used on Autotrader, all waiting recall to be organised, plus UK owner and worldwide owners and sales stock.

Production finishes after 2years April 2018.

Awesome!! Depreciation already.

Nearly 3 times as many R’s on the road according to ‘how many left’. 

Yes theyve been about longer, but that just reinforces his ‘exclusivity’ point. 

But anyway. Might aswel have an ST by your way of thinkin. Surely ;):D 

Autocar uncover Focus RS mk3 replacement 2019/20

This week's big news - we've got the inside line on the Ford Focus RS - it's going hybrid, with 400bhp and 425lb ft. Read the full story in this week's magazine.

cover_3.jpg?itok=T9AgdO_J

ford_focus_rs_render_bsy_2018_-0002_copy

My You Tube conversation with a Ford Employee that knows .

He was in the R&D Team developing the RS mk3.

Christopher , didn't know you had a buy back. Did you get back what you paid out.
Are you still involved in Ford RS.
Developing the replacement for 2019. Rumour in UK is that it will be a 400ps hybrid?
Real MESS up on the latest recall then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w41CZ-8cFw
Read more

I got 500 less for depreciation. There won’t be another RS till 2020-21. I am on the GT500 program right now.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/21/ford-raj-nair-executive-fired-behavior

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43149801

Shame he didn't concentrate and spend more time  getting the RS mk3 passed off right, without expensive faults.

Sacrificial lamb, for **** up ,guess we will never know. Bullying his subordinates to meet deadline for the launch??

Edited by vrskeith

On 23/02/2018 at 17:10, vrskeith said:

He came across as a complete jumped up little ***** on any magazine and/or video on the RS' development that I seen.  Typical of people in his position in the US IME. 

Speaking to my next door neighbour yesterday (his son has one); he has never been contacted by the dealer and when he seen the news break about the recall he contacted his dealer but they were very cagey to the point of almost trying to deny that there's a known issue or has been any recalls at all.  They've since been a little more helpful and he's now on a waiting list for when the parts are available.   He's now completely gutted about owning the car and although he's never had an issue in the first year, he feels like it's just a case of 'when' and not 'if' . 

He's now worried about value and trade in prices of the car once they are out of warranty.  Apparently he made money on this previous gen RS and was hoping this one would be the same.   I wonder if Ford will offer a buy back scheme?  It's more of a likelihood in the US perhaps.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

My favourite plonker.

(Have you watched the 'How rich is Shmee video?)

Yep, I have George.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

I only watched this the other day and laughed out loud about Ford.

Now the Donald will be encouraging Ford to off load more cheap motors into the UK they need to give us more cunning stunts for much cheapness, 

and China can dump more cheap tyres into the UK.

• Like 1

MarkCup70,
YouTuber and Focus RS MK3 Owner.
See above, his previous vlog on "Drift Mode "on UK Main Roads.

What is the insurance / legal position, if you should prang on the highway, whilst using Drift Mode, will the insurer settle claim. Could the police charge you for driving the car, "without due care and attention" or something similar . Has any legal case yet been taken out against an owner globally ? I'm sure the Blue Oval wouldn't take responsibility - probably the owners manual has small print in it "not to use on Highway" -"track only use"?
"No officer I wasn't using "Drift Mode"."

Edited by vrskeith

So was this in Drift Mode or just poor PDI. Or just bloody stupidity.

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, vrskeith said:

The OZ ladies Focus RS mk3 lacks what?

Me in the passenger seat?  I swear she hypnotises me with those eyes 

EDIT: I'm only joking of course; is the correct answer that her RS doesn't have a head gasket that's fit for purpose? 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is this what the Focus RS mk3 should have looked like at launch 2 years ago?

Edited by vrskeith

5 hours ago, vrskeith said:

Is this what the Focus RS mk3 should have looked like at launch 2 years ago?

This must be installed as well :