mirrorlink

stug45

I Just hope they quickly make mirrorlink work with the iPhones! Seems a bit of a let down that it doesn't from the word GO!

I doubt it will till VW offer AppleCar if they ever do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by daydotz

Of course "the basic functions of calls and Bluetooth streaming would work regardless of phone" - as long as the phone has Bluetooth, that is. And the streaming will depend on whether the phone can contain anything that you might want to stream, like music. Non-smartphones in general are less likely to support music playback.

But the point of MirrorLink and CarPlay and indeed Android Auto (when eventually it appears) are to control your smartphone more completely from the screen of your car's entertainment device. Do some basic research and you'll soon get the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

- mirrorlink/carplay (apple) are standards to allow Apps to be used and controlled by the car (touchscreen & steering controls) - apps like navigation/music etc.

- Bluetooth will work as normal. without mirrorlink. so handsfree calling should work regardless of phone. streaming music through bluetooth should also work.

- Smartgate is about the viewing of mpg etc from the cars ecu on your phone.

- Android auto is a new app to allow google maps, google music etc to use the mirrorlink system and have full functionality on the phone. this should then allow devices without the mirrorlink standard to work. (sony & HTC have their own 'drive' app)

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/new-fabia-combi/connectivity

http://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/

wow they have done a lot in 2 weeks!

only phone that is currently out that works according to the list: HTC one M8.

Sony Z3 is listed on mirrorlink's website so a little contradictory.

We will have to wait for software/firmware to be updated and work!

Having a Nexus 5 does mean any software from android will be pushed straight to the device. I'll be happy with bluetooth for music and phone over my existing car anyway!

BOLERO radio is updateable by SD card:

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/?appVIN=&appLanguage=en-GB

Edited by stug45
  • Like 1

Tried to use mirrorlink with my note 4 and it didn't work properly, it shows what apps I've got installed on my phone but when I go to run them both screens go blank so it would appear there is a software issue either with the phone or the headunit :(

Tried to use mirrorlink with my note 4 and it didn't work properly, it shows what apps I've got installed on my phone but when I go to run them both screens go blank so it would appear there is a software issue either with the phone or the headunit :(

This is not a bug, this is a bloody feature that Skoda implemented: in order to be used while driving application has to be certified by Skoda.

Picked up my Fabia today and can confirm Sony Xperia Z3 worked straight away. Connected with the USB cable, enabled mirrorlink on the phone, then went to mirrorlink on the Bolero and it connected without any probs. Not sure which apps are compatible, only one I see of use at the moment is Google maps, but not had time to play about with it yet. 

I desperately need a new phone but really don't want to get one until I know what us 100% compatible with the Fabia.

Thanks. I've seen that but I'm not sure how up to date it is. It's probably pre-Lollipop.

nothing samsung works, and both them and skoda haven't been very helpful in a timescale for when some handsets may start being compatible with the bolero, there's loads of complaints about the note 4 not working with other mirrorlink radios too.

hopefully lollipop will change this, but not holding my breath :(

• Like 1