0806 mini dashcam Group buy ALL SPACES NOW FILLED

gadgetman

OK, the camera & extras arrived today, a job for the weekend installing the hardwiring. Am I right in thinking that the camera can be powered through the GPS mounting, as well as via it's own micro usb port?

OK, the camera & extras arrived today, a job for the weekend installing the hardwiring. Am I right in thinking that the camera can be powered through the GPS mounting, as well as via it's own micro usb port?

I was wondering the same - the instructions don't appear to say.
  • Like 1

1. Gadgetman - code sent

2. Johnny 5ive - code sent

3. Andyvee - code sent

4. Leouk - code sent

5. wharferat - code sent

6. hockeylad72 - code sent

7. decuk - code sent

8. Ally_bassman - code sent

9. FlyHigh - code sent

10. Splooter - code sent

11. XCR41G - code sent

Yep, power the mount, otherwise the GPS doesn't work :)

Mine arrived today as well, had a good play around with it, pretty impressed.

Only issue is if I choose the 1080p HDR setting it locks up every time it tries to save the file. I think I saw this mentioned as a bug, but I'm probably going to use the 1080p 45fps setting anyway. The polarising filter seems to make a difference as well.

• Like 1

Collected mine from local sorting office today as I was out yesterday. Had quick look. Everything is delivered. Camera,hard wire kit and filter.

Like others hopefully the weekend job, if time allows.

• Like 3

In my excitement, I couldn't find any instructions, cursed, then printed in book format, cut and stapled. Then I moved the delivery box off the table. they were underneath..... Oops.

Anyone else going to get one of those fuse connections and wire direct to the fuse box?

Also wondering which size in line fuse to fit.

Yep, ordered one earlier (and also ordered 2 x 64Gb cards yesterday  :sweat: ).

The other threads on here regarding hard-wiring a dashcam suggest that a 5A fuse is appropriate.

• Like 1

I have installed mine this afternoon. Quite easy. Used a piggy back fuse holder off eBay. Took to fuse 47 as shown somewhere else on here. Earth wire to a bolt at the side where you remove the side trim. The hardwire box is sticky backed to lower left of fuse board.

Wish the instruction manual was bigger, I've put it down and can't find it.....

• Like 1

Got a piggy back fuse holder from Wilko Autosave. Have fitted the kit, & tested the camera, so far so good. However, trying to remove the camera from the mount is a different story. It is very tight & I have concerns that I will either damage the camera, or rip the mounting off the sticky pad/screen. If anyone has tips on how to get the camera off the mounting, without damaging anything, I would be grateful if they could share it with all of us.

Took me a few, leave it, have a go leave it attempts. Hard to say, I placed fingers against out let side then wiggled gently ( cam not me), by gripping at the base. I was going to put silicone furniture polish on before replacing, but forgot.

Tip on removing the SD cards, press in with 1 finger nail, but use other hand to put a finger over the side of card. They eject like a missile, then take some finding.

• Like 1

For anyone who is wanting to hardwire, but isn't too sure what's involved, it is basically the same as discussed on another thread, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/319178-abeo-dash-cam/page-7 , & if not sure about the piggyback fuse holder, this should help,

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/piggy-back-fuseholders-a-right-way-and-a-wrong-way.7524/

For anyone who is wanting to hardwire, but isn't too sure what's involved, it is basically the same as discussed on another thread, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/319178-abeo-dash-cam/page-7 , & if not sure about the piggyback fuse holder, this should help,

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/piggy-back-fuseholders-a-right-way-and-a-wrong-way.7524/

Interesting about, which way round to fit the piggy back holder. Better check mine, as it also occurred to me that I could be taking power straight to the wire and not going through the fuse. Or am I wrong.

1. Gadgetman - code sent

2. Johnny 5ive - code sent

3. Andyvee - code sent

4. Leouk - code sent

5. wharferat - code sent

6. hockeylad72 - code sent

7. decuk - code sent

8. Ally_bassman - code sent

9. FlyHigh - code sent

10. Splooter - code sent

11. XCR41G - code sent

Add me to the list please