0806 mini dashcam Group buy ALL SPACES NOW FILLED

gadgetman

if I am reading this right you have the wires back to front, Red to the fuse and black to ground (bolt) is the correct way (hope you have not damaged the hard wire kit)

John

• Like 1

On the bottom of mine it reads the other way round. Will see tomorrow. At least I can get that bl***dy glove box out and back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've had mine installed for a while now so took it into the house today to have a look at the recordings.  Impressed with the quality, especially daylight recordings, but discovered a couple of issues too :-

1. The times are wrong on recordings since the clocks changed last weekend.  Now I did alter the camera clock via the menu last Sunday, but it obviously didn't save that setting (or user error perhaps),  I've changed it again just now so we'll see what the next few recordings show.
  2. I have 2 Transcend 64Gb cards installed in the camera.  I also have had the 'Choose card' setting at 'Auto'.  Despite this, the camera has just been using Card B all the time and has started overwriting files on card B while leaving card A empty.  Both cards were just installed straight out of the packaging without any formatting.  Anyone else had this problem ?

Been having problems with mine though CCS have been great so have been looking at lots of forum information. The problem you are seeing I think is a bug with all of them at the moment and the word out there is that it will be fixed in a new firmware release soon.

John

Thanks JJC.

I've ruled out any issue with the cards ( swapped them over and the camera still just wants to use card slot B ), and I've also found that if I change the 'Choose Card' option to 'Card A only' it does start using Card A, but the next time it starts it reverts back to card B again, so it is definitely an issue with the camera.

I hadn't read of anyone else having the same problem but have to confess to not reading much about them anywhere else than here.  I think I'll maybe contact CCS and also use the contact us facility on the mini0806 website and report the issue.  I see that their website says that they aim to update the firmware every Friday but there hasn't been an update since the end of January.

I have the same issue, have you formatted the card in your computer before putting it into the camera?

I have to do this but cannot manage it till next week but it may solve the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue, have you formatted the card in your computer before putting it into the camera?

No, I just put the cards into the camera straight from the packaging.  As I said in previous post, it still wants to use Card B slot even when I swap the cards around, so I don't see it as being caused by the cards themselves.

Not rechecked mine since I disabled motion detection to see if it's recording each segment correctly now as had some gaps.

I'm also going to increase the impact detection to see if I can avoid it waking when doors are closed

Have a look here

https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/threads/no-automatic-switching-card-when-1-is-full.10258/

Looks like we will just have to wait for the update

John

Thanks for that - I hadn't been to that forum before but it's now in my bookmarks for future reference.

I now have mixed emotions - I'm pleased that my camera does not appear to be faulty (well, no more than everyone else's at least) and that a firmware update should address the issue, but also disappointed that what I now know to be a common issue hasn't been dealt with more promptly by the manufacturer.

• Like 1

I'm using 2 x 64Gb as you will have seen above (and also that the camera is choosing to only use 1 of them at the moment). Cost is the problem with 128Gb cards at the moment - I think that a 128Gb card is around £80 while 2 x 64Gb can be had for under £40. I suppose it's only worth paying that premium if you really need 256Gb of storage in your camera.

Had an email from the manufacturer today saying that they expect it to take 3 months for this issue to be fixed :thumbdown:   :swear:

That is frankly unacceptable.... how can they possibly justify taking that long fixing what appears to be a relatively simple issue?!

This is what CCS have said to me

"With regards to the memory card issue, the manufacturer has confirmed that they are aware of the problem and are looking into it. It doesn't appear to be an issue for all users though so they're having to investigate. Hopefully they'll have a resolution soon which would be rolled out via a firmware update. "

So that may explain the time scale as if it is not on all it may take some time to isolate. If you look at all the posts on the forums it does look like if the card is full it will go to the other one but always seems to try one card first before moving on if full. Though it does look like on some units it will go into overwriting the files in place of moving to the card with space :devil: 

John 

After a few more weeks trialling mine, I've now found the perfect setup and have started trouble free recording. Im only using 1 card in mine so this issue doesn't seem to be bothering me.

I don't know why you would need so much recorded footage saved by the device anyway? If there was an incident you would remove the card and save the files pretty sharpish in reality?

I did 6 hours of driving on Saturday, and the 32gb card only kept the last 4 odd hours. So I'm guessing a 64gb will give somewhere between 8 & 10 hours worth?

If I was away without access to a pc to pull the file, I'd like more space to see me through until I could pull the file.

I'm having all sorts of issues getting mine to work properly, the latest being that it's refusing to switch on or off (even following a reset) along with other assorted problems .... CCS have been supportive throughout so we will see what happens next!

Hope they can sort you out. Sorry that you've had such issues.

Are they going to swap it for you?

Not your fault ..... to be fair to CCS, I've only just sent an email explaining what the latest issues are so waiting for a response from them but I'm guessing it'll be a replacement.

Mine is RMA should be with them today, will see what happens.

Mine managed a short recording during the day, took cam out checked footage and all good, put cam back in car to take a night time test and I got a red light, black screen and horrible smell.

Have placed one 128GB micro card into camera slot B, which will register 22 hours +, and stay as selected in/on slot B.

If I place the same card into slot A it will register the same 22hours+ and stay as selected in/on slot A.

If I place two 128GB micro cards into camera, it will still only register 22hours+ whether selecting AUTO/ slot B/ slot A.

If both cards are fitted and AUTO is selected it will use A.

Have swapped cards around and triple checked validity of both cards which were fine/OK.

A side issue I noticed camera gets quite warm over a short period, so fixing camera close to a windscreen with sun pouring-in isn't going to be ideal, for it's internal components.

Below link have mentioned about the heat issue..

http://www.carcamwarehouse.com/mini_0806_car_camera.html