How Much will this cost me?

M12MKD

Had the same thing on my mums a few years ago. Not sure if its healthy to do so for the paint, but I traced over it with a whiteboard marker, wiping it as I went, couple of passes and some polish and all was well. But that was on an old car that we werent bothered about making laint finish worse. There may be a massive hole in my idea. Just not one I have realised.

Also, it may be a 'popular' tag. In that it may belong go someone and the local constabulary may know them. So that you can tag his face. Thats what would happen in my world anyway. @sswipes

Cheers guys. Police informed and will send someone over in the next 48 hours. They will phone to make an appointment.

I think it's permanent marker, so hopefully it will come off.

I'd love to tag his or her face with my boot!

• Like 1

I have no idea if this is a good or terrible idea from a paint perspective, but if it's a marker pen, at my workplace I use alcohol-based hand sanitiser to clean ink from touchscreens (on PDAs). It comes off pretty much immediately.

Edited by smargh

I'd have thought that something alcohol based would removed it. You'll need to re wax the paint afterwards though.

Yes, I'd try 50/50 IPA and water mix on marker. You may have to increase the alcohol content....but it won't affect the laquer/paint.

Cheers guys. I tried polish and it didn't really do much. I will try the other options.

But...........I haven't moved the car since it happened and today it will not start, well no it will but the epc light is on and it's not firing on all cylinders. Didn't have time to sort it out or look at it this morning otherwise I would have been late for work. Just concerned the little barstewarts have done something to it.

Well the lil guy was find today. Last night I got most of it off. But it looks like it's reacted with the paint and has left a faint yellow marking on the door. Fine from a distance but can be seen close up.

Could have been worse. Alcohol based cleaner got it off. Number of washes and rises then two Coates of wax

• Like 1