Debut on 17 February?

Rehaan,

This is the video (2.50 sec)

It is the subwoofer but I can't understand what those plastic panels are for!! It must be another 'SIMPLY CLEVER' stuff from Skoda.

I will wait to see more pics from your link...

• Like 3

Rehaan,

This is the video (2.50 sec)

It is the subwoofer but I can't understand what those plastic panels are for!! It must be another 'SIMPLY CLEVER' stuff from Skoda.

I will wait to see more pics from your link...

The plastic panels as covered in the video, and also available in the mk3 Octavia, are small dividers you use to wedge and hold stuff in the boot, very clever stuff, used mine a few times to stop boxes rolling around in the boot, have velcro type edges on the base to help fix them to the boot carpet.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my report. Will share the link in the next 24-48 hrs when it goes live. :)

If you're in a hurry to see something specific, let me know...

Take your time. There is no hurry

but I can't understand what those plastic panels are for!! It must be another 'SIMPLY CLEVER' stuff from Skoda.

As Telboy5 said,  post-126251-0-26221900-1425273884_thumb.jpg an useful simply clever

I often wish there was something that would hold my laptop case and files etc in the boot.  I know you can get aftermarket products - velcro etc .  For security I always keep the laptop and work files in the boot so something built into the floor that would be neat and very practical!

Thanks for the help guys!

Here's the link to my report: 

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/161237-2015-skoda-superb-official-preview.html

It has a 130 pictures (progressing from macro to micro) so brace yourselves!  :p 

The plastic panels as covered in the video, and also available in the mk3 Octavia, are small dividers you use to wedge and hold stuff in the boot, very clever stuff, used mine a few times to stop boxes rolling around in the boot, have velcro type edges on the base to help fix them to the boot carpet.

^ Yes! And they are extremely solid once they are placed on the carpet. Even a heavy suitcase would be held in place well.

This is me pulling with enough strength to flex the plastic, but it didn't budge:

VmHrKxZ.jpg

Thanks for the video! That confirms it. :)

Cheers,

R

Edited by Rehaan
  • Like 4

Interesting tyre dimensions for standard versions.

215/60R16

215/55R17

What are they for the top spec version? 235 or 245mm of width?

that explains it (thanks Rehaan)...

1344066d1424804439-2015-skoda-superb-off

• Like 1

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/161237-2015-skoda-superb-official-preview.html

It has a 130 pictures (progressing from macro to micro) so brace yourselves!  :p 

Cheers for that Rehaan.  Some nice detailed shots there!  Should answer a few questions for more questions for us :)

I can't believe they have thought of this.  This has been bugging me for years.  I'm obviously not the only one so :)

....the Superb automatically switches the air-con to recirculate mode when you use the windshield washers! Same for when you engage reverse (e.g. reversing into a garage to prevent exhaust gases from getting into the cabin)......

I can't believe they have thought of this.  This has been bugging me for years.  I'm obviously I'm not the only on so :)

....the Superb automatically switches the air-con to recirculate mode when you use the windshield washers! Same for when you engage reverse (e.g. reversing into a garage to prevent exhaust gases from getting into the cabin)......

It's always done the recirculate on reverse but on using the washers - that's new.

^ Yes! And they are extremely solid once they are placed on the carpet. Even a heavy suitcase would be held in place well.

This is me pulling with enough strength to flex the plastic, but it didn't budge:

VmHrKxZ.jpg

Cheers,

R

Are you sure about the heated steering wheel?

I have not seen that info anywhere else.

Nice write up.

Some thoughts:

• Impressive mechanism for the bonnet
  • Surprised they didn't opt to colour code the shark fin
  • Black plastic on the centre console is going to play havoc with people's OCD, will get scratched very easily
  • 2x SD cards for the stereo?
  • I too have read about a heating steering wheel
  • Seats look much the same as current - but different facings
  • You can see it is noticeable wider
  • I like the current driver armrest - not sure I'm taken with the new one?
  • Have we stretched as far as a decent key (if not on KESSY) a la Passat

Nice to see the cream interior shown.  I think the brown didn't do them any favours on the pre launch pics.  I know the colour is available but is not to everyone's tastes.

Heated steering wheel another nice touch, so hopefully it will be available

• Like 1

Great photos and write up.

Skoda have clearly put a lot of effort and thought into the design and functionality of this car.

• Like 1

Fab job, Rehaan  :clap:  :clap:

SIII has gone really really wide  :think: It is wider than 5 series, Mondeo, Insignia, E class (of course marginal difference) and only 10mm narrower than A6! We know SII is the narrowest in its segment but this is approx 30mm wider than New Passat too....In the UK, it may be a very tight fit in the garage or may not be able to fit SIII.

Otherwise, lots of 'Simply Clever' executions as always....Brill stuff, Skoda  :clap:  :clap:  I even remember seeing a new key fob for SIII (at last!!!) I will be really interested to see the low spec halogen headlights (not that I would want to consider) and how it would suit the exterior design of the car.....Now, it's all to do with the pricing, the standard spec and how they gonna undercut Passat's hefty price tag  :p

VmHrKxZ.jpg

Cheers,

R

Rehaan,

How's the cabin material quality? Would you say it is better than current Superb? SIII will have to raise the game here too....end of the day, being a flagship model we don't want too many cheap plastics in the cabin. I personally would be happy if it is 25% better than SII.

Glad you guys liked the preview :)

Are you sure about the heated steering wheel?
I have not seen that info anywhere else.

Hmmm... you're making me doubt myself now!

I read about and made a note of it before the launch (whilst enjoying the chilly Czech weather) -- but now I can't seem to find any official mention of it!

I've removed it from the review to be on the safe side.

• Surprised they didn't opt to colour code the shark fin
  • 2x SD cards for the stereo?
  • I too have read about a heating steering wheel
  • Have we stretched as far as a decent key (if not on KESSY) a la Passat

I think it matches with the black panoramic roof, so doesn't look that out of place if not body-coloured. Who knows, maybe other colours don't get black?

Maybe 1 of the 2 SD cards is for navigation?

Would love a link to some other mention of the heated wheel! I searched but couldn't find anything...

Yep it's KESSY. 

What does the key fob look like?

The cars didn't have keys in them, so i didn't get to see/photograph it.

How's the cabin material quality? Would you say it is better than current Superb? SIII will have to raise the game here too....end of the day, being a flagship model we don't want too many cheap plastics in the cabin. I personally would be happy if it is 25% better than SII.

I can't say this with 100 % certainty, but the material quality seemed about the same to me.

Cheers,

R

Looks very much like the Octavia III key.  The quality of the Octavia key is not great IMO and feels quite flimsy

Looks pretty rubbish to be fair - I wondered whether Skoda would pinch the "push" in key from the Passat for this Superb or will be KESSY be standard across the range. Do we really need a proper "key" these days?