Debut on 17 February?

Will be available to order in July, on Irish/UK roads in August.

It might be worth waiting until 161 plates to allow time for the new model to bed in.  From past experience there are often little issues that get sorted in the first few months of production.  There will supposedly be a modest increase in price - with car prices the way they are here it would need to be very modest!

• Like 1

I was expecting 'inductive charging' for mobile phones in SIII but no mention of it in the press release. Hope they introduce it in later MY's.

Has SIII lost the parking ticket holder btw? Very neat feature.

2 x umbrellas..........now it's better than RR  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I don't understand why people keep saying that the headlights look similar to Seat Leon!! Guess it's time to visit Specsavers  :p the shape may be slightly similar but the attention to detail on the LED DRL is simply awesome, simply clever......You can expect to see that sort of LED DRL styling very soon in French / Korean cars  :D

I was expecting 'inductive charging' for mobile phones in SIII but no mention of it in the press release. Hope they introduce it in later MY's.

Wireless charging is mentioned alright and I think the parking ticket holder is in there too, which is a very simple and practical idea.  There is a lot in that document to be fair

2 x umbrellas..........now it's better than RR :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't understand why people keep saying that the headlights look similar to Seat Leon!! Guess it's time to visit Specsavers :p the shape may be slightly similar but the attention to detail on the LED DRL is simply awesome, simply clever......You can expect to see that sort of LED DRL styling very soon in French / Korean cars :D

They do mention the parking ticket holder in the blurb.

Just noticed your reply Superb 170. Should not take so long when replying.

Edited by Danny 57
  • Like 1

Will be available to order in July, on Irish/UK roads in August.

Order in July to collect in August sounds a bit on the tight side.

It is currently 12 weeks for a vRS.

Indicators are LED according to the press pack. I hope that has made your day?

Not true. Rear indicators are definitely not LED so it's safe to assume front aren't as well since that would be a first in automotive industry AFAIK. Having rear LED and front not would be possible but this is not the case here.

Video 

at 0:12 (clearly visible reflector with orange bulb hidden behind the silver plastic)

at 0:37 (opening the boot confirms no LED indicator)

Some info from the Independent for Ireland:

For Ireland the prime engine will be the 1.6TDI (up to 120bhp from 105bhp, 100g/km, €180 road tax, 3.9l/100km).

Then there is the 2.0TDI (up to 150bhp from 140bhp, 105g/km, €190 road tax, 4l/100km). And there's a 2.0TDI, 190bhp (106g/km, €190 road tax, 4l/100km). They also have a high-performance 2.0 TSI petrol with 280bhp. The engine line-up mirrors that of the new Passat.

You can now get a 7spd DSG auto with the 1.6 TDI engine and there will be a 4x4 option on saloons and estates.

The Superb has always been about price and space. It now happens to look extremely well too. I'm told there will be a price increase but it will be 'modest'. They expect 1,150 to buy a saloon next year with 600 opting for the estate. That's significantly up on the 822 (saloon) and 300 (estate) from last year.

Not true. Rear indicators are definitely not LED so it's safe to assume front aren't as well since that would be a first in automotive industry AFAIK. 

Erm...  not so.  I give you the Peugeot 208 GTI:

Peugeot-208-GTi-THP-200-review-LED-runni

I give you the sequential LED front indicators on the Audi A8:

Audi-sequential-indicator-lights.jpg

I give you the Audi Q7 front indicators - that have had them for YONKS:

2009-Audi-Q7-Headlights-1920x1440.jpg

Granted there's not that many but if the Superb had had front LED indicators it would not have been the first by a long shot.

Glad that it sounds as if the 280BHP TSI will make it to the UK, I would imagine the sales should be significantly better than the old 3.6 as with emissions of 165g/km and 40MPG combined it should be a lot more attractive.

Not sure if there are really any competitors for it either? Are there any other cars of a similar size with that amount of power and 4wd, without going really expensive?

Hmmm. I must be showing my midthirtiesness, I like it! If you can spec the Rough Road Pack on the 4x4 Estate in the UK this time round I can see me going for one of these over another Octavia 4x4/Scout when my PCP runs out in January 2017.

Niall

Some more studio photos here:

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/skoda-superb-autosalon-genf-2015-sitzprobe-5604585.html#bild1

Skoda-Superb-Autosalon-Genf-2015-Sitzpro

Pity there's FIVE blank buttons around the gear lever:

And is that a clock for rear seat passengers? Neat. Seems they can adjust their heated seat temperature but not the temperature from the vents, which I presume works the same as on the current setup (the left one controlled by the left FRONT setting and the the right by the right front. So you hope the kids like whatever mum and dad likes).

• Like 4

Glad that it sounds as if the 280BHP TSI will make it to the UK, I would imagine the sales should be significantly better than the old 3.6 as with emissions of 165g/km and 40MPG combined it should be a lot more attractive.

Not sure if there are really any competitors for it either? Are there any other cars of a similar size with that amount of power and 4wd, without going really expensive?

I converted the 7.1l/100km to 33mpg using gooogle.  That upset me a bit, as this is the car I'm most interested in.  Then I realised that gooogle is using the ridiculous US gallon.  40mpg in proper UK gallons is great.  Those new diesels have some pretty amazing mpg claims.  Proper mpg that is, none of that North American nonsense.

Not true. Rear indicators are definitely not LED so it's safe to assume front aren't as well since that would be a first in automotive industry AFAIK. Having rear LED and front not would be possible but this is not the case here.

Video 

at 0:12 (clearly visible reflector with orange bulb hidden behind the silver plastic)

at 0:37 (opening the boot confirms no LED indicator)

According to the press pack, front indicators are LED from the DRL light tube, where bi-xenons are fitted.  An automotive first?  Nah, DRL light tubes are pretty standard fare on new cars now.

I'll concede that the rear indicators may be incandescent bulbs.  But that would be odd to have just the rear tail lights as LED, when the front and side indicators are LED.

And is that a clock for rear seat passengers? Neat. Seems they can adjust their heated seat temperature but not the temperature from the vents, which I presume works the same as on the current setup (the left one controlled by the left FRONT setting and the the right by the right front. So you hope the kids like whatever mum and dad likes).

It's supposed to be tri-zone so I don't know how that is controlled?

It's supposed to be tri-zone so I don't know how that is controlled?

Peculiar. It says a singular temperature there but yes, no (visible) way of actually being able to change it.

Erm...  not so.  I give you the Peugeot 208 GTI:

I give you the sequential LED front indicators on the Audi A8:

I give you the Audi Q7 front indicators - that have had them for YONKS:

Granted there's not that many but if the Superb had had front LED indicators it would not have been the first by a long shot.

You obviously misunderstood me completely. It's not like I look away whenever I come across an A6 or Q7 or whatever :D I was talking about the combination.

A combination of front LED indicators/standard rear indicators - Never seen before

A combination of front standard/rear LED indicators - YES seen before numerous times

Looking at the 208 GTI though I think it doesn't have rear LED indicator either. That would be a first to me. So yes maybe Superb does have front LED indicator integrated with LED DRL but then it's even more strange to have standard read indicator. Just looks odd and wrong to me.

• Like 1

Peculiar. It says a singular temperature there but yes, no (visible) way of actually being able to change it.

I suppose the temperature displayed is the outside temperature?

Maybe you can change the rear cabin temperature with an ipad/phone app using the cars wifi?

I suppose the temperature displayed is the outside temperature?

Maybe you can change the rear cabin temperature with an ipad/phone app using the cars wifi?

Ha. I just noticed the tiny word OUT above the temperature.  How silly. I think you are correct in that it is displaying the outside temperature.

I guess the car pictured is NOT a tri-zone car. They will never just have functionality via a phone and wifi. As an additional way of setting it yes, but not as the only way.

Wireless charging is mentioned alright and I think the parking ticket holder is in there too, which is a very simple and practical idea.  There is a lot in that document to be fair

I can't see inductive charging written anywhere! Can you? Where is it?

I can't see inductive charging written anywhere! Can you? Where is it?

No but wireless charging is - I'm assuming inductive and wireless is the same but I'm not a techie so maybe I stand corrected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The windscreen is powered by induction which I found hard to believe with the power the element requires but they are using a thin film element that is obviously see through which therefore requires a much smaller supply current.