Moments of joy in your day today

mender

2 hours ago, skomaz said:

I've got hundreds of the buggers...   all recorded on already mind!

Now I've got the walkman working I think I'll have tolisten to some of them  😉 

I just googled `tolisten` and was asked, "do you mean `to listen`" 🤣

1 minute ago, mandp said:

I just googled `tolisten` and was asked, "do you mean `to listen`" 🤣

tee hee - yep I do - (basically I think my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts) I'll edit the post...

At least it's not just me that googles stuff like that (half the time I think it's some sort of new slang).

It did take me a treble read to realise "tolisten" was a minor typo. i read it as "Tolstein" in my brain the first time and thought it was a band :D

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

It did take me a treble read to realise "tolisten" was a minor typo. i read it as "Tolstein" in my brain the first time and thought it was a band :D

For me it was possibly a Soviet Writer I'd not heard of!

got notification in the post today that our planning application to raise the height of our boundary wall along the rear of the house has been granted with 4 conditions none of which are anything special - one is that we use the same type and colour of stone as the existing.... well duh.. i was hardly going to use a different bloody colour :D

just have to figure out how were gonna pay for it now!

• Like 2

and the day got better...

20220115_154840.thumb.jpg.88dbb421af11779144143dd0bcec765f.jpg

20220115_154911.thumb.jpg.cefa3bde88e77c873c0d3f592d4b555d.jpg

20220115_161642.thumb.jpg.d5ec609c6ba529067e8e1f56443c2efd.jpg

cheeky 3k trail bash with spud sr this afternoon :rofl:

god love him he was wrecked when we got got back out, lets just say his bike aint really built for the terrain.... but he gave it everything in the tank

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Liger1956 said:

Looks like he had a good time with his dad. He cannot have fallen off much as his trousers look very clean (and bright).

yeah, he did well. when he was tipping over his sense of knowing he was gone is pretty good and he hopped off to stay on his feet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

today is my 10 year anniversary!

it doesnt "feel like only yesterday", it feels like ages, but not a full decade!

and all from a chance encounter in a car park, a compliment was passed, a conversation started... and now, 

yup. im still on Brisky 10 yrs later!

Happy 10 years Mac! :party:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Think I'm close on 20 years this year...

Edit: Just checked - I've a way to go yet for  that  milestone as apparently I joined on 2nd December 2002...

you mustnt be far off being a Brisky Original... nearly from the ancient times ive heard speak of, when people hid the shadows and darkened corners of vw vortex....

• Haha 2