Moments of joy in your day today

mender

55 minutes ago, P6bJOHN said:

Ringing the finished treatment bell thrice at the Rosemere Centre, Preston, after 37 sessions of radiotherapy.

Thats worthy of a better reaction marker than a trophy or a heart, but we be limited... 

Congratulations!!!

• Like 2

Joy is a stretch but it made me smile... 

On Thursfay morning when leaving to drop Spudrick to school, i saw a bunch of keys on the road, just around the corner from our cul de sac in the estate. I stopped and retrieved then,i had just missed driving over them, and had a look at them. 

A ford key and a toyota key, both fairly well worn... matched the driveway of a house in the estate so i called over after getting back from school. 

Noone at home, so i wrote a note and shoved them through the letterbox.

Said neighbour arrived over earlier on with a box of fancy biscuits as a thank you for finding his keys :)

• Like 4

1200m swim in roughly 26mins while Spuderick had his swim lesson.

Meanwhile, he isnt 5 until end of January, and his instructor has already gotten through teaching him full Breast Stroke, Front Crawl, Back Stroke, and Treading Water. He can happily swim under water for nearly 10seconds at a time, and kneeling dives are alot more streamlined entry than belly flop :)

2032 Olympic plan is still a goer ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

1200m swim in roughly 26mins while Spuderick had his swim lesson.

Meanwhile, he isnt 5 until end of January, and his instructor has already gotten through teaching him full Breast Stroke, Front Crawl, Back Stroke, and Treading Water. He can happily swim under water for nearly 10seconds at a time, and kneeling dives are alot more streamlined entry than belly flop :)

2032 Olympic plan is still a goer ;)

Sounds like you are raising a Dolphin. Might need to change his nickname to Flipper.:tongueout:

Well Amanda, I laughed my ass off. Swmbo asked after 4seconds... "what is that? For f*$& sake make it stop" 2mins in..."are you still listening to that? Jesus christ" 

• Haha 2

Their YouTUbe channel is very funny, especially if you have an interest in classical music are a classically taught musician yourself :) That should be the Blue Danube below, but it shows as mahler on my screen. Anyhoo it will take you to their chicken masterpieces 

This might work better

Edited by Lady Elanore

7 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Their YouTUbe channel is very funny, especially if you have an interest in classical music are a classically taught musician yourself :) That should be the Blue Danube below, but it shows as mahler on my screen. Anyhoo it will take you to their chicken masterpieces 

This might work better

Is this what their parents bought them for their birthday assuming they don't celebrate Xmas?

In the supermarket carpark on Sunday with the boy and SO. Spot an Isle of Man numberplate and start to point it out to the boy. Chap comes across rather happy we were taking an interest and chats to the Boy about the IOM for 5min or so before gifting him an IOM £5 to keep.

In the same carpark the week before there was a guy parked up in his McLaren 620, as we walked past a chavved up corsa pulled up next to him. When we came back out the guys from the corsa were having an unexpectedly civil and pleasant chat with the McLaren owner.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

/\ oh goohhhd.... get your coat Shy....

Why where are we going? Saw a nice Orange McLaren as we left York on Saturday evening on the A64 he couldn't open it up on the dualcarriageway due to the heavy traffic. SWMBO thought it was quite a bit to pay for a car as it was what we paid for our current house back in 2012.:kiss:

8 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Do they sell onions as well as fix leaks.:tongueout:

On 24/09/2019 at 16:37, mac11irl said:

/\ oh goohhhd.... get your coat Shy....

Seriously.. I thought you had got your coat, but apparently you'd just gone to the beer garden.. and you still really need to get that coat in ya :D

• Haha 1

Biggest ever PB win at £175, followed by news that the second woodburner should be installed in about 6 weeks' time. 

Paltry in comparison with the creation of new life, but I'll take it. ☺️

• Like 3

@Aspman take the measurements with a pinch of salt, as they are very subjective to the accuracy of the ultrasound tech doing it. when spuderick was on the way, he was measuring at an estimated 8.5lb birth weight and about 2weeks ahead of what we knew was his creation time. When he arrived he was 6lb 6oz and bang on time..

Guest BigJase88
12 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Fantastic :)

does @BigJase88 have pending updates i wonder? 

not long left!!

36 weeks and 1 day of pregnancy. Not long to go. Could go anytime apparently 😮