Moments of joy in your day today

mender

Swmbo just text -

Lexi the Citigo has passed her second NCT on first test :) road legal for another 2 yrs.

Havnt seen the result sheet yet so i dunno if theres any advisories, but its due a service soon anyway so any will be taken care of then.

Wont lie, i was abit nervous.... 6yrs old now, and likely being replaced by Christmas (once house sale goes through and we decide on budget... really want to go hybrid if not full electric, but also focus size. Not much to choose from though, she really doesnt want to splash on brand new which is a bit limiting too..

Update, no advisories, nothing even close to the tolerance levels for fails.

Also, odometer readings show approx 17000km in 2 yrs since last test.. less than 5.5k miles per year :D

definitely going electric....

• Like 1

Well DARTH VADER is getting a little brother in the shape of a new Octavia Vrs245 DSG in Corrida Red with spare wheel and 19" Extremes (unfortunately with P Zero tyres). The car was ordered to brighten up the local showroom and I have no patience waiting for a new car so decided to buy it to replace skippy the marsupial Karoq. Got well over £3,000 off because having it registered at the end of August rather than waiting for a 69 plate on September 1st. Salesperson admitted they have missed the August sales target by some margin and even September is looking bleak.:biggrin:

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Amazing performance from Ben Stokes for England today in the 3rd Test Match. He scored 135 not out including 11 fours and 8 sixes to level the series 1-1 with 2 more tests to come.:thumbup:

Shame you weren't clairvoyant yesterday in one of your (now removed) posts! :tongueout:

congrats on winning the Ashes after just 3 Test Matches.

:thumbup:

12 hours ago, john999boy said:

Shame you weren't clairvoyant yesterday in one of your (now removed) posts! :tongueout:

Shame some Scottish people think it's SAD when English sports people are successful. As a proud Englishman it almost feels like RACISM towards the English. Best not to react in a negative way to good news but be joyful when something unexpected happens. It was England's highest ever run chase for victory in a Test Match and the Yorkshire crowd were amazing creating a fabulous atmosphere.:thumbup:

On 25/08/2019 at 20:29, john999boy said:

Cometh the hour...….

On 26/08/2019 at 09:08, shyVRS245 said:

English sports people are successful.

I don't have an issue with England winning; I have an issue with English spurts presenters and jounos neeping on about it for the next 53 years and counting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Aspman said:

My fiancée is pregnant. Only weeks in so we're keeping it quiet. But I can tell you lot obviously.

Congrats! 👍😎

Gaz

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Aspman said:

My fiancée is pregnant. Only weeks in so we're keeping it quiet. But I can tell you lot obviously.

Congratulations to you both

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Fantastic news :)

weve our next scan appointment on Friday morning, assuming it goes well, will be telling people beyond immediate family.. them first few weeks are ruddy stressy though!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Fantastic news :)

weve our next scan appointment on Friday morning, assuming it goes well, will be telling people beyond immediate family.. them first few weeks are ruddy stressy though!

All the best for you as well  :thumbup:

We've told immediate family. Minor meltdown on her side since this is her first. Still excitement on my side but it'll never reach the heady heights of the first.

Edited by Aspman
  • Thanks 1

My boy started big school today... dropped him in, met his teacher, hung out for a few mins, swmbo left for work (easier for her to go first), he told me leave... happy out.

Wonder will he still be as easy going about school when his doing his Leaving Cert in 14yrs time.... :D

me, i get 90mins kip and go collect him, then night work tonight!

• Like 1

I had an email from Lexus today with a bit of an update regarding products etc and it had this photo attached.

Lexus1.JPG.5a06ff64420cd4ac12e0572ee5474163.JPG

It turns out that the highly photogenic houses from 1380 was somewhere I'd visited a few weeks ago. It also turns out to have been featured in several films

including Bridget Jones's Diary which I didn't know at the time.

Lexus3.thumb.jpg.f90d533f0828354f07894a8de5730c88.jpg

Lexus4.thumb.jpg.e404bc82438909255e7a5fedd60e8673.jpg

Lexus2.thumb.jpg.757ba148a71ad487c4d0fdd7aeb2ab92.jpg

Edited by john999boy
Added info.
  • Like 3

Earlier I had sold a starter motor that I had removed off my bike and rather than having it sat around for ages, never to be used again, I sold cheap on eBay to get rid. The person who bought was a bit of a clown and wanted me to open up the starter motor so he could see the condition of the magnets before he bought it. At the giveaway price I listed it for I wasn't prepared to do this and told him as such but he kept wanting to know the condition before buying it. Lots of messages back and forth and just before I was going to kick him into touch as a time waster he accepted a video of it running off a battery on the bench. It should have been straight forward then but turns out even though it was a UK only listing he was in the Channel Islands but he agreed to pay the extra postage and the sale was finally done.

Looking on another forum today and someone had been ridiculed for attempting to do a valve check without really knowing what they were doing and cocked the timing up despite people telling not to do it if he wasn't sure. In his post he mentions that he bought a starter motor for silly cheap off eBay has the magnets had failed in his. Yes, it's the same clown 😀

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1