Moments of joy in your day today

mender

IMAG4078.thumb.jpg.afd6e44706df411157ac91e344a262d2.jpg

The look on spudericks face when we cracked open his first crop of anything that we managed to get to survive long enough to bear fruit...

Going keep them and use as seed plantings for the next growing season, by which time ill have his proper raised planter beds sorted out :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

35 seconds in and England are 1 - 0 down. When are they going to learn that their job is supposed to be being good at football, not selling anti dandruff shampoo or shaving gel etc.

Makes me happy watching their faces...

Premature methinks, 5-1 up at half time against a refreshing and attacking, if not naive, team. Better than the usual dross which bores us to death, sitting 11 deep behind their own 18 yard line, waiting to break for the 0-1 win. Fingers crossed it stays an open game. 

Nearly five weeks into living in a new home, finally getting round to setting up my music. Meddle playing at fairly restrained volume just now. Amp switched to class A mode as the woodburner isn't in action yet and it's a bit chilly. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

Bunch of overpaid, overopinionated primadonnas. It's nice to see them brought down to earth a 

Yes terrible that they were brought down to earth by beating a brave spirited and skilful side. So what if England rose to the challenge and treated it like a practice game instead of strangling them in a bore-fest. 

19 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Yes terrible that they were brought down to earth by beating a brave spirited and skilful side. So what if England rose to the challenge and treated it like a practice game instead of strangling them in a bore-fest. 

I'm not particularly a football fan, but I enjoy watching good football. Englands players are more interested in playing for themselves than playing for a team. They get paid way too much and as a result think that financial success is akin to skill.

Chill - rusty , now you know how Scottish supporters ( all three of us) feel. Mind you I always hope England get through to any tournament as it gives me a lot of other teams to support as I know Scotland will never get on the plane to the next stage .😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

I'm not particularly a football fan, but I enjoy watching good football. Englands players are more interested in playing for themselves than playing for a team. They get paid way too much and as a result think that financial success is akin to skill.

......so 8 goals wasn't good football. The England players didn't break quickly, play skilfully and run riot at times? The better English players reach the EPL,  should we not pay them at the same level as the foreign players in the EPL? 

11 minutes ago, Redboy said:

......so 8 goals wasn't good football. The England players didn't break quickly, play skilfully and run riot at times? The better English players reach the EPL,  should we not pay them at the same level as the foreign players in the EPL? 

You can't goad me into an argument.  Your views on footballers and their worth are clearly not in alignment with mine so I doubt there's any mileage in continuing with your attempts. This isn't the Brexit discussion after all... (nor even the discussion about the Brexit discuusion). :tongueout:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

You can't goad me into an argument.  Your views on footballers and their worth are clearly not in alignment with mine so I doubt there's any mileage in continuing with your attempts. This isn't the Brexit discussion after all... (nor even the discussion about the Brexit discuusion). :tongueout:

What argument? You appeared to delight in England losing, I simply stated my position in response to yours. We'll agree amicably to disagree....unlike Brexiteers and Remainers. 

my daughter plays for a local girls football team, it's an RTC so very good standard, they play in a mixed league so mainly against boys, the team they played yesterday have a reputation for being very physical, I overheard them saying before the game that they "were only girls" the girls proceeded to play them off the field and beat them! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VRS Mike said:

my daughter plays for a local girls football team, it's an RTC so very good standard, they play in a mixed league so mainly against boys, the team they played yesterday have a reputation for being very physical, I overheard them saying before the game that they "were only girls" the girls proceeded to play them off the field and beat them! 

What was the score?:clap:

Edited by shyVRS245
missing word