230 Bhp Vrs

Would still go for cupra St 280 but then I am biased lol

Yeah I do like the Cupra280 just depends what the PCP payments are like. The same for VW. Better depreciation on the GTI and R over the Cupra and my local Seat dealer just wasn't interested in the slightest when I went to enquire about one.

Edited by Bellster

just had a look and can't find any info?

I was just browsing through their twitter feed and I think it's within a reply to a follower who was asking about vRS's in general. Pretty sure there will be more than 500 available, there always is!

Edited by Bellster

I do hope it's not a limited to 500 as than usually means no options and that know good to me at all .

Was hoping it was a option on the standard vRS as you pick it and then put your options on top like you do with the golf GTI performance pack

I do hope it's not a limited to 500 as than usually means no options and that know good to me at all .

Was hoping it was a option on the standard vRS as you pick it and then put your options on top like you do with the golf GTI performance pack

Yeah seems a very strange decision if it is just a limited run. Really don't understand the marketing departments of car manufacturers sometimes.

if you can't have options then might as well get a 220 and spec the Extreme pack, it's only 10bhp after all said and done.. I would want Race blue paint and folding mirrors otherwise no go for me!

But come trade in time, would a 230 with a lot of options included as standard/in the base price not be worth more than a 220 with a range of paid for options i.e. you never get money back for factory fitted options

eg 230 estate value £27.5k say 50% in three years time is £13.75k

220 estate value £25k and £2k options say 50% in three years time will be £12.5k

BTW I'm not very good at predicting the future.

if you can't have options then might as well get a 220 and spec the Extreme pack, it's only 10bhp after all said and done.. I would want Race blue paint and folding mirrors otherwise no go for me!

but it's the diff that will actually make the difference out on the road. ;)

Phoned local dealer this morning about 230 - "What 230?"- oh dear.

Haha my local dealer also said the same thing.  I was talking to the sales manager as well and said 'the 230bhp vRS Octy looks nice'.  His response 'they're doing one are they?  Didn't know anything about that'.  *face palm*

Real world driving how noticeable will this be?

Not much unless it's greasy or icy, I'd have thought. I'm staying with the standard 220 TSi next time around if I can afford it, with some toys like heated seats/windscreen, plus folding mirrors and park assist.

Was thinking about KESSY again, but am starting to get concerned about its vulnerabilities.

Real world driving how noticeable will this be?

Any time that you'd experience any sort of front end traction issues, whether off the line or in under steer situations. It's the single best bit of the 230 and best part fitted to the Golf GTi PP and Cupra imo. :)

Really wondering if these will be genuinely limited to 500 vehicles or whether the diff will just make it into another VRS model sans the additional equipment or just without the '230' tag. A white manual 230 estate would do me very nicely I have to say. :)

post-6937-0-75137000-1440740962_thumb.jpg

A white manual 230 estate would do me very nicely I have to say. :)

Snap - just speaking to a dealer right now about this spec and availability (although I am getting more detail from Briskoda than anywhere else!).

• Like 1

Will all the delays on this car, chances are it will be released when my PCP ends in December 2016  :D

I cant help think though that unless you are looking at boot space (estate version) or rear legroom, its going to be a tough sell against a Cupra 280 or Golf R (and that isnt even mentioning the other german marques)

• Like 1

Does anyone know whether the black exhaust tips with sports sound actually means anything - are they referring to a change in design of exhaust or just the cabin simulator?

Sound is lower and bigger. Check this:

The Cupra 280 ST has all that the VRS 230 has and can be bought at a lower price via a broker.

Nope. You cannot buy keyless entry or power tailgate to Cupra. RS also has much nicer interior.

• Like 1

You can feel the difference. At page 8 there is pictures of my RS230.

Very nice car. Did you have the 220 TSI originally and Did you spec the heated seats but not the heated screen or are heated seats standard.

Very nice car. Did you have the 220 TSI originally and Did you spec the heated seats but not the heated screen or are heated seats standard.

Yes, I had the 220 for year and half. It was one of the first MK3 RS and it was not possible to order with auxiliary heater. I wanted fix this with 230. I didn't go for the winter pack because of the heated front window, dont like the threads inside the window. Heated seats are standard here in Finland.

• Like 1