230 Bhp Vrs

Sweet Rob...you do love your vRS's :-)

Yep, this is my third :)   i did seriously consider the cupra and golf r, but in the end the skoda is still the best compromise in terms of price/performance/space.

• Like 1

did you add any extras Rob??

not much this time, just:  Rear side airbags (PE4), Temporary space saver spare wheel (PJC), Heated washer nozzles, front (9T1) and Crew Protection Assistant (7W1) .  I would have liked the pano roof but i couldn't justify the cost, its a lot more than the sunroof was on my mk2.  I think that's the only thing i'll miss.

The 230 is a great spec anyway, leather, nav, park bleepers, folding mirrors, elec seats etc.  I was surprised to find that the new amundsens are dab also which is nice to have.  :)

• Like 2

The 230 is a great spec anyway, leather, nav, park bleepers, folding mirrors, elec seats etc.  I was surprised to find that the new amundsens are dab also which is nice to have.   :)

Very true. On my car I ordered on 3/12/15 (no longer getting!!! huff!!) I added Kessy, Canton, Smart Link, Spare wheel...can I live without any of them???  I know smart link can be retro fitted, but the others can't...really wanted canton and kessy!!  The reason I ask is I could grab a std new one already built!!  Decisions????

Edited by Nezman

The MIB2 systems are better than the previous MIB1 so would say Canton isnt absolutely necessary...from what I see on here general consensus is that Canton isnt mind blowingly good anyway.

KESSY is OK but it chews the hell out of the key battery....the only real benefit is not having the keys dangling from the steering column but it does save them getting misplaced/left in the car which i do with mine quite a bit.

I could absolutely live without both to get a stock car but were all different.

Edited by pipsypreturns
  • Like 1

I think thats a bit unfair. For how cheap it is I think I've seen the opposite actually with a lot seem to be glad the payed the extra.

The sub isn't too hot but for £500 what do expect, certainly not a mobile disco. I'm fairly impressed with Canton on mine.

I'd agree about KESSY though, in fact I'd go distinctly the other direction, just another security weakness to avoid (as far as I'm concerned personally) as putting the key in the car isn't an inconveniance for me, in fact do you even remember the last time you did it - I can't, its just so autonomous.

• Like 2

MIne turned up without the rails, but I had them fitted by the dealer as they are an essential item to me. If they had not have fitted the rails I would have been looking at the markets where the non roof rail versions are sold and looking at the recommendations for roof bars suggested for this market by Thule.

Any idea which markets have the railess estates? Spoke to Thule and they couldn't offer any advice.

Any idea which markets have the railess estates? Spoke to Thule and they couldn't offer any advice.

They should all have rails; Skoda built the initial run of dealer cars without them in error. Not sure if this was just UK supplied cars or not.

Some of the Eastern European ones. I just did a quick search and I think that Hungary is one location that does not have roof rails as standard (looking at the pictures, my Hungarian is limited). 

.. three days in and it's already muddy (inside and out) and been used for load lugging duties :o

25164065739_6fce4d6d69_b.jpg

hard at work by Rob E, on Flickr

and a trip up to siverstone today for pistonheads sunday service.  first time to really feel the diff working with the A43 damp roundabouts, very nice.  :happy:

25526712766_10326bccf8_b.jpg

Silverstone Pistonheads by Rob E, on Flickr

• Like 1

You happy with it Rob? How's it compare to your previous vrs's?

Loving it. The mk3 really is a step forward in terms of kit and cabin quality. Rides great too given its on 19s. The 230 goes well, a significant step up in performance over a stock mk2 and the diff is really noticible as is the more tuneful exhaust.. looks good too imo especially meteor with the black pack :)

Only things I don't like are the noise generator thing (although can be switchd off) and the usb socket really should be inside the dash storage box so you can close the lid leaving your iPod/phone and lead all out of site, but hardly show-stoppers.

I'd love it to sit a little lower though, not much, so maybe I'll look at a B12 kit at some point.

Loving it. The mk3 really is a step forward in terms of kit and cabin quality. Rides great too given its on 19s. The 230 goes well, a significant step up in performance over a stock mk2 and the diff is really noticible as is the more tuneful exhaust.. looks good too imo especially meteor with the black pack :)

Only things I don't like are the noise generator thing (although can be switchd off) and the usb socket really should be inside the dash storage box so you can close the lid leaving your iPod/phone and lead all out of site, but hardly show-stoppers.

I'd love it to sit a little lower though, not much, so maybe I'll look at a B12 kit at some point.

Defo agree on colour combo. From what I have seen I would also agree on ride height. May settle a little over time. Mine is ordered again, through dealer thus time...atleast I can get excited all over again for another 12 weeks or so!! Glad to hear all is positive for you. Did it not come with the "exclusive decals"? Not that you would want to keep them on!!

Don't know if I can post this and I have absolutely nothing to do with the dealership, but I saw a Facebook advert for PCH (not pcp) on the 230 which previously they couldn't do (I asked 6 months ago) It said from £205 per month. Don't know the full details but worth a look at Simpsons if you are after one.

I have just scanned Slovenia configurator and these are all the differences I could find:

"Blackpackage" - črna zunanja ogledala
 - okvir hladilnika v črni barvi
 - obrobi stranskih stekel v črni barvi
aluminijasta platišča "Xtreme" 19" x 7,5J črne polirane s pnevmatikami 225/35 R19
električno nastavljiva voznikov in sovoznikov sedež; voznikov s pomnilno funkcijo
parkirni senzorji spredaj in zadaj z optičnim prikazom prostora ob vozilu
Unless I have missed something, I cant believe its that bad. And the price difference is 3000 eur.

It would be cheaper if I clicked the options manually, except for the diff of course, but the diff alone its not worth in my opinion.

I think only the 'pro' drivers on the track will notice the difference with the diff.
Edited by toni8b

I think only the 'pro' drivers on the track will notice the difference with the diff.

I'm not a "pro" driver, i don't drive on track, but i do notice the difference with the diff.

• Like 1

I'm not a "pro" driver, i don't drive on track, but i do notice the difference with the diff.

Ok, but the diff only helps while cornering, not it straight line speed, standstill acceleration which is mostly what I am interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help with the paint code for the wheels. ?

Wifey had a little Accident. and am going to get it repaired but want the correct paint code to ensure they all match been quoted £128 including the diamond cutting on the face by Lepsons in Kent

post-96147-0-66387100-1458771843_thumb.jpeg

I too have one one few 230 estates without the roof rails, and like you Skoda gave me £250 voucher to spend in the network. This was fine, as also like you I prefer the car without the rails and I spent the voucher on the rubber boot mat, and SmartLink (with some change left over).

However, I have now come to buy the fitting kit for my Thule bars presuming the hatch ones would fit, but have noticed there are no 'locator' holes under the roof line behind the front doors.

So, dilemma...what do I do? Buy the kit for the hatch and dremel off the locator pin or go back to Skoda and see what they can offer? I would prefer to use my Thule bars, but not sure if there are any other differences in the contour of the hatch and estate roofs that may render my 'dremel bodge' useless anyway.

ClemUK - have you looked into roof bar options?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Either way, I still prefer the car without the rails :-D

I have no need for the roof are so happy without and not looked at other options

I was told the first ones off the line were for dealer demos and that's why they didn't have the bars. I also got the £250 voucher and used for Smartlink and a boot mat. Although I ordered the wrong one for a variable floor and dealer Wouldn't take it back so is not in my garage looking a new owner