Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

My Dad's CR-V done at the weekend. He should never have bought a black car, but it came up OK in the end.

Usual foam, 2BM etc then a paint cleanse and Autobrite cherry glaze. Buffed off and Sonax BSD over the top. Will stick some Collinite on it, next time it comes over for a clean I think.

It really needs a full machining but don't think I'm feeling that generous! :tongueout:

s1huguvKJ0cUAHpUB1pKv36i-VJBLCdzIBWJRdde

Edited by Wardy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Svend said:

Recently done. 

64 plate VW Polo 

0G1sxVml.jpg

Peugeot 307 

STuFai5l.jpg

65 plate Kia Sportage (done yesterday) 

Tf2quutl.jpg

Today's jolly, 

14 plate Vauxhall Meriva 

0Bt8JCUl.jpg

Interior before, 

Vr9YUm4l.jpg

XCnYbjSl.jpg

fLHFaw5l.jpg

Interior after, 

9GhtaDcl.jpg

zRIarrRl.jpg

ppBT20el.jpg

I hate dog hair, takes time and effort to remove

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, greenineboss said:

I hate dog hair, takes time and effort to remove

That car belonged to a dog walker who also does doggy-daycare. 

We've got a white Jack Russel. Flamin' nightmare to get the hair out of the matting etc. The upholstery isn't bad. it's the stuff on the backs of the seats and boot floor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bignij said:

We've got a white Jack Russel. Flamin' nightmare to get the hair out of the matting etc. The upholstery isn't bad. it's the stuff on the backs of the seats and boot floor.

Buy one of the rubber bristled pet hair removal brushes. Absolute godsend. £5 from waxworx at Darlington.

Pet hair removal brush.jpg

Edited by valvedoctor46
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bignij said:

The cabin and boot floor carpet is an arse to get short dog hairs out so I treated her to some Travail rubber floor mats to make the cabin floor easier to look after the boot to be honest could do with a new floor, spare wheel cover as the fibres are pilling and dog hairs thoroughly imbedded into the fibres. 

Not sure if today's efforts after work count but... 

My badge decided to drop off, so had what can only be described as a gothic red nose sat on the boot lid! 

So, because I am sensible and not at all impulsive, I ripped the bloody thing off, along with the Yeti badge (why not?!). 

Ordered a new badge (the modern Skoda one), and plugged the holes. 

I think it's OK to post here, I used Mint Quick Detailer, AG Tar Remover and SRP after all!!! 

Hopefully get some proper detailing done on the weekend, a toddler, a newborn and 40 hours a week in work have left me pretty time-poor! 

IMG_20180611_195957.jpg

IMG_20180611_201605.jpg

• Like 1

These two had a foam, rinse, clay, rinse, plastic treatment, polish and wax the other day. Also an underbody clean with my new toy Karcher washy whizzer and a wax, and a wheel seal. I even removed a good chunk of the kids detritus from the inside which was 'fun'.

This might be 'peak clean' for both of them, I was knackered and kept repeating 'never again' as I was doing it.

Superb clean 1.JPG

Yeti clean 1.JPG

Edited by edwards
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, WelshYeti said:

Not sure if today's efforts after work count but... 

My badge decided to drop off, so had what can only be described as a gothic red nose sat on the boot lid! 

So, because I am sensible and not at all impulsive, I ripped the bloody thing off, along with the Yeti badge (why not?!). 

Ordered a new badge (the modern Skoda one), and plugged the holes. 

I think it's OK to post here, I used Mint Quick Detailer, AG Tar Remover and SRP after all!!! 

Hopefully get some proper detailing done on the weekend, a toddler, a newborn and 40 hours a week in work have left me pretty time-poor! 

It's cleaner than when you started and you used decent process and products so yes, it counts :clap:

Edited by Wardy
  • Thanks 1

Eagle-eyed among you will notice the 're-decorated' alloy on the 3 month old Superb. Ask the missus about it. Grrr... Still its getting repaired next week. Amazingly the Yeti (which is hers) has no damage on the alloys despite being 18 months old :)

2 minutes ago, edwards said:

Eagle-eyed among you will notice the 're-decorated' alloy on the 3 month old Superb. Ask the missus about it. Grrr... Still its getting repaired next week. Amazingly the Yeti (which is hers) has no damage on the alloys despite being 18 months old :)

Commiserations mate. FWIW I have a very similar redecoration courtesy of SWMBO and a M&S car park. Don't ask...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Commiserations mate. FWIW I have a very similar redecoration courtesy of SWMBO and a M&S car park. Don't ask...

'didn't feel it' apparently. In her defence she is actually a really good driver, much better than me, and she was really upset about it as she is very precious about her own alloys! Its actually both wheels on the drivers side, I suspect part of the issue was parking on the drivers side which isn't something we do much of. That and the condition of the kerbstones all higgeldy piggeldy. Still, it can be repaired so no great drama.

3 hours ago, edwards said:

Possible reason; Yeti = 50 profile. 

It's all about the profile B)

• Haha 1

Went into work early yesterday as me and the detailer in Work have a gentleman’s agreement :) I work on his car for no charge and he looks after mine.

So a couple of hours with the machine polisher using new autoglym renovator and finished with autofineese triple and bilt hamber double speed wax. Very happy but obviously straight after it rained. 

60D2CD3A-0EC9-4A23-80CF-7F99645D1926.jpeg

B66DD6D1-D90F-4F4F-A606-7EF500FF22D8.jpeg

6D51A9D1-FE6A-4941-85D3-AF9617298196.jpeg

• Like 3

I gave my ultra-rare, Corrida red Sportline a good clean today and noticed my first problem in 18 months of ownership: rear window trim.

Otherwise, the car is still looking good. Well, except for the alloys, which I refer to as my curb feelers. D'oh!

LV66 VNG window trim.JPG

180625_72.JPG

• Like 4

Evening all, hope you're all well. 

Had a spare hour tonight after the kids went to bed, so thought I'd give the dusty Yeti a quick rinse. 

TFR, Buff It Jelly Bean shampoo, SRP, AG tyre dressing (still drying in photos) and TDG Zest trim stuff for the bumpers. 

Was going to apply EGP but only did it a few weeks ago and it's far too hot for me lol! 

Still got the glass and mirrors to do tomorrow, if I have time! 

Also, Briskoda stickers and new rear badge on.

Time for a beer! (pretend beer cos I'm a weird teetotaler!) 

IMG_20180625_200225.jpg

IMG_20180625_200141.jpg

IMG_20180625_200115.jpg

• Like 3

On 23/06/2018 at 17:28, BriskodaJeff said:

A work in progress, but I'm really happy with it so far.

Looking great! Glad the Black Hole is working out for you :D

• Thanks 1

Attempted to wash my Renault Megane RS yesterday but it was just too damn hot so just gave up. Managed to do the wheels but even those were a chew on having to pressure wash them regularly in a vain attempt to cool the surface. Really need to invest in a gazebo for this sort of weather!

Anyway, here's a nice clean wheel, cleaned with Bilt Hamber Autowheel and Meguiars APC for tyres and arches, protected with Auto Finesse Aqua Coat and 2 coats of GTechniq T1 on the tyres. 

5b33a8f4d9b6d_20180626_1850451.thumb.jpg.7aca3ec729fa64096874f781e51b9e94.jpg

• Like 1

Afternoon all! 

Having a bit of a quiet day at work today, so thought I'd crack on and properly clean the Yeti. 

Started with a quick wash with some Buff It Jelly Bean shampoo (didn't need too much as I only did it a few days ago), followed by a dry. 

Moved onto SRP with EGP on the paint, topped off with Mint Quick Detailer. 

Used Buff It Eco Wheel Cleaner on the alloys, SRP on the windows for a change, and Auto Finesse Satin tyre dressing on the er... tyres. 

Finally, I used Tdg Zest Dressed on the exterior trim. 

Interior just needed a quick hoover, not very interesting. 

Anyway, I'll stop waffling on, but I'm chuffed that my little Yeti is coming together, as when I got her I don't think she had ever had a proper clean! Getting there. 

Cheers all 

Adam

IMG_20180630_131305.jpg

IMG_20180630_131333.jpg

• Like 3