Newport

Gwent

NP19 4QU

Tel: 01633 636463 / Fax: 01633 281319

New Car Sales

Authorised Repairer

Approved Used Car Sales

Originally posted by CIVI - Thu Sep 15, 2005

Following a incident where alarms were sounding off inside my car (Octavia Ambiente Estate 2.0) I contacted White Dove in Cardiff from where I had bought the car. After explaining the symptoms to the service desk they reported that the earliest they could see the car would be two weeks time. However they went on the advise me to contact the Newport branch Capitol Skoda to see if they could get the car in quicker.

Rang Capitol Skoda and spoke with service guy (forget his name - but he was Australian). He offered to look at the car that day but advised that he would need it for 4-5 hours. As this wouldn't fit into my already busy day the car was then booked in for the following Monday.

Monday came, dropped car off and picked up brand new Skoda Courtesy car (with full tank off petrol) that makes a change.

The garage later reported that there was a short on the Instrument panel and that they would require the car to be booked in a few days later to make the repair.

Few days later arrived, dropped car at garage.

Garage advised that they were having difficulty getting the new insrument panel to hold the previous display information and advised that they would need to hold the car for a further day.

Following day garage advised that all ok now and car was ready to collect.

Got to garage to find that not only had they fixed the fault they had taken the time to wash the car too!! (apparently they do this if they are not too busy).

Above all the service was GREAT and the service team could't do enough for me.

I hope other members experience the same.

well done Capitol Skoda.

CIVI

• 3 months later...

Just swapped my 2001 (Y plate) Octavia Elegance for a new "old" Octavia vRS (tried the new shape, didn't like it, and didn't like the price).

Can't fault the salespeople - they managed to find the last unsold A4 shape vRS in the country. It wasn't my preferred colour - but we managed to do a reasonable deal (and I got parking sensors thrown in for free).

The handover was done "by the book" - everything explained clearly, and all paperwork sorted. Mrs KLB even got a complimentary bunch of flowers!

If service is as good as sales, I'll be a regular customer.

• 1 month later...

I picked up my new VRS from there last weekend. This is the 2nd car I have bought from them and I cannot fault the service. I originally went to White Dove whilst I was looking to change my Polo TDI Sport, and was told I would have to book test drive for a Fabia VRS, even though there were 2 VRS demos sitting idle on the forecourt. Needless to say I haven't been back since.

Capitol Skoda are part of the same group that own Cardiff Audi, Newport Ford, Chepstow Ford and Capitol Volkswagen. It is a relatively new dealer (open about 18 months), and therefore doesn't have huge lead times like so many other garages. Whenever I have visited they are always servicing Audis & VWs, and the technicians wear overalls with the the 4 group badges on them. I bet that Audi owners are paying far more per hour to have their cars serviced than Skoda owners !:D

If ever you are looking to buy a car there, Ray Harries is your man, top bloke !!:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

after a less than pleasant buying experience at White Dove, I looked around & based on the current reviews, decided to try Capitol Skoda. I rang them and spoke to Ray Harries, what a difference!!...really pleasant bloke. Went down today to look at the cars, had a great test drive (bearing in mind that I've been looking for ages for a Furby)...gushed like a teenager....maybe made his job too easy:O .....I didn't even haggle over the price he gave me....thought it was fair given a 55 plate with 5k on the clock....an overall very positive experience...now just have to wait for it to be prepped :(

All I expect off a company is fair service, we are the Customers after all, so a big big thumbs up from me so far....will prob update once I can collect..

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, bought my fabia vrs at White Dove just over a year ago, i didnt at the time know of Capitol Newport.

After reading the reviews on this site i decided to give them a try with my 10k service and have a look at the common problem with the rear door leak. From the 1st phone call i could sense a different approach, one aimed at customer satisfaction :thumbup:

Everything was what we should expect from a dealer, polite , understanding and with reasonable prices. I really wish id bought my car there.

White Dove werent really bad, just always left me feeling like i should be expecting more. :(

WELL DONE CAPITOL NEWPORT! DONT LET IT SLIP.

Monday, I took my VRS back as the front drivers side wheel bearing is going, I have had it 6 month and done 16500 miles in it. It makes so much noise it is now a pain to drive which is kind of an issue as I do about 800 miles a week.

After confirming that it was the wheel bearing the service manager decided to make a point of the fact I had changed the brakes (312mm) and this could have effected the wheel bearing. I nearly wet myself laughing at this although I have to admire his minerals. They said they would replace the bearing under warranty but wouldn't do it again, as the car is obviously driven hard to need the upgraded brakes...

I understand the warranty policy but his attitude with my was almost astonishing especially when they told me I have to wait 3 weeks to get it fixed which I don't think the car is going to make. I have just decided I won't be buying a car from them again and have cancelled all further services.

It's a shame really as the service was the only thing that drew me to the place.

EDIT:

Called them up this monday as the bearing was getting so bad it was vibrating (I had done 1600 miles on it...) and fair play they managed to get it in for today (Friday). Dropped the car off at 9am and it was ready at 2pm washed and fixed. So they have managed to turn a potentially cack situation into a reasonably plesant experiance. I rebooked my 20k service...

Thank you Capitol. I know I am one of those demanding customers but trust me, if you can handle me then you can handle anyone...

Well Done :D

• 6 months later...

Just thought I'd post about Capitol Skoda.

Bought my Fabia vRS from White Dove, but decided to take it to Capitol for its second service due to me working about 200 yards away and the fact that me and my dad have used Newport Ford for years (infact Capitol do the warranty work on his Fusion). Also got them to check out my leaky doors.

It cost £207, and my experience was great. Courtesy car provided without fuss (despite the fact I work a stones throw away:D). They had all 4 doors apart to check the seals (despite me only really mentioning a leak in one), and resealed 3 of them. The car was returned washed and vacuumed (as you'd expect I guess!).

Can't fault Capitol, thumbs-up from me:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Well I concur with everybody else

Just had 1st service done on my furby VRS with these guys rather than White Dove where I bought the Car having read the posts

Can't fault them

Gave me good and precise directions as I didnt have a clue where they were

Arrived at 8.30am to a nice cup of coffee saw my baby taken away to be pampered almost immediatley - offered a courtesy car - which I didn't need

She came back all washed - dried and Hoovered - after 1.5 hours

These are nice people

• 1 month later...

Had my 10k service done at capitol despite living in Cardiff due to White Dove's lack of after sales service, they were fantastic before i got the car but after i got it they didnt seem to bother, and after expecting me to pay half the labour for the new egr gasket I gave Capitol a call and had it booked in for a service and egr gasket on the same day, both done without fuss, courtesy car given and fantastic service.

Could not recommend higley enough, good job Capitol.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked up my new Octavia estate from Capitol on Friday 30 March. It was actually ordered through a friend of a friend who runs a leasing company, so Capitol were only getting a very small allowance to PDI it and hand it over to me. Notwithstanding this, they were incredibly helpful in getting the car ready at very short notice, taxing it etc. Jason, the Sales Manager, was very courteous (though not grovellingly so, if you know what I mean!) and Wayne (one of the sales guys) spent nearly an hour showing me how to work all the various gizmos.

I live in Bristol, so Capitol are a good half-hour away, but they have said they would be delighted to give me after-sales service if I prefer to come to them rather than to my local dealer.

I found them extremely helpful and efficient and would definitely go back there - they have no problems about offering a courtesy car, even though I didn't order my car through them.

Eleanor

well i thought i should post also. Got my VRS from Capitol Newport a few weeks ago, got a fair PX for my old car, they were not tooo willing to come to any further arranements but were honest enough. On day of exchange everything was done well, free coffee too.

Car was nice and clean and ready for me, even got a bunch of flowers free for the Mrs. Reading the above and based on what i know i will prob go back there for my first service.

• 8 months later...

forgot to add, had my 10k service in September, faultless service from Capitol!

had a brand spankers Fabia Estate 1.4TDI courtesy car (which was handy for the day's shopping I went on!)

• 3 weeks later...

Fabia vRS SE 10K service. Decided to book in @ Capital rather than White Dove from their reviews on this forum and someone in work who had a naff experience with their servicing department.

Dropped the car off at 8:30; was greeted by a friendly service advisor and given the keys to my courtesy car (Roomster 1.4)

Picked up my car at the end of the day to find they had washed and vacuumed the car!!

Will be going back to capital for the 20K service (even though they use Ford branded foot well protectors :rofl:)

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Had my Octavia serviced today (40k)

Car dropped off at 8:00, brand new Fabia3 courtesy car waiting for me (with petrol!), phone call at 1:00 saying it was ready.

Unfortunately there was a problem and the brakes had to be bled a second time while I waited, but I was dealt with very well by all staff.

I really cannot recommend them enough!

(and I've been given a blanket discount on labour, too!)

Fantastic dealer. They done some warranty work today on a noisy aircon compressor. All fixed now :thumbup:

Friendly staff, good courtesy car, and my car was washed and hoovered when i picked it up. Got a touch up paint pen from them too, at less than £6!

Thanks again Capitol, highly recommended :)

• 1 month later...

Great dealership - just bought my 3rd new Occy VRS from them, service and staff excellent. Paul and Jason thanks to you both for a great experience beat whitedove easliy. Know where I'll be going for my next Skoda:)

• 2 months later...

Had the best ever deal with Jason and Ryan at Capitol in Newport. Bought a Fabia Sport in black with parking sensors etc... Car came from Scotland within 3 days.The service I received was 2nd to none.Great salesmen, great non stuffy attitude.Beat every other dealer including Swansea by over £1000 !.Will definately return when I need another car. Thank you Jason and Ryan........... Highly reccomended.

• 2 weeks later...

Not impressed by Capitol Skoda today.

Booked the car into the dealership for warranty work to be looked into about a whistling noise from the engine and some rumbles in low rpm. They said bring the car in around 9:30am.

Did so, took the service manager out for a quick spin to show what I was bringing to light.

Anyway, I was honest and told him that the brakes have been up rated to 312mm Octavia brakes, but those would not be related to the engine noise. Car also has a strut brace.

1pm I ring the dealership asking any news, they'd not looked at the car yet. (Little bit annoyed as they said drop it off at 9:30am, waste of a morning for me when I could have been working).

4:40pm they ring me, explaining that because the after market non Skoda brakes were on the car, they would not look any further into the engine issues until the car has been put back to standard.

They did wash my car, however I called back today explaining that I’d found that the rear nearside seat had been badly marked (over most of the 'seat' part) from what looks like oil or dirt, they were rather defensive with the attitude ‘Don’t really see how that could have been us, we didn’t test drive the car’. I’m to ring the manager this afternoon.

Personally I’m disappointed they are coping out of looking at the car because of the bigger brakes. Albeit Skoda brakes from the Octavia. Also rather annoyed that i had to spend a whole day in Newport on foot waiting for my car to be done, for them to tell me at 5pm they aren’t going to do any work based on the brakes, which they could have told me at 9:30am when I dropped it off with them.

Sorry Capitol Skoda but I felt like I was being treated like some punk kid because told lies to get out of doing the work (the increased weight of the new brakes causing stress etc..)

Yes before I get it in the neck, I understand modifying the car invalidates the warranty, but up rated brakes are not related to what I believe to be a turbo issue and they've worked on the car before with a strut brace on when I took it in for a engine coolant leak.

Would like to add that if they don’t recall the car back in and sort out whatever’s on the rear seats, this will be going via Skoda UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

A quick one. 3 Yr service plus first MOT today...my baby is all growed up....sniff

Rolled up at 8.30. Slick as you like. Car booked in, a Fabia3 1.4 billboard (slight incline...change gear....oops, she's slowing down...change gear again :))as a courtesy car. Nice enough I guess but just confirmed why I love my Fab VRS. Also makes you realise what an easy car the VRS is to drive. Anyway, enough of that.

Asked about new front badge, old one has been stone-chipped and a bit of trim inside, all sorted in 5 mins.

Phone call at 3pm. Car is ready, just finishing the wash. Picked car up, all hoovered 'n what not.

Don't you love a car that's just been serviced. Everything tightened up. Maybe it's me but it just feels more solid

As previously stated in earlier post, great service, around 170'ish but I'm on fixed price servicing. Many thanks to Phillip and the guys, it really is appreciated. Damn!!....forgot to get a touch-up pen.

• 2 months later...

Took my Octavia for its first (17,000 miles) service last week. I live in Bristol, but collected the car from Capitol 18 months ago and had such a good experience that I decided to take it back there for servicing.

Phoned up on the Monday, arranged to take car over Thursday pm for servicing on the Friday. Everything very slick - got an identical (but newer) diesel Octy as a courtesy car, so everything felt very comfortable. Was phoned on Friday morning because car needed 2 new front tyres - all sorted very easily.

Went over after work to collect - had a to wait 20 minutes or so while they finished the valeting, but enjoyed the free coffee! Full service and 2 new Pirellis came to £350 - excellent service, car feels like new again!

Thanks Capitol - even with the extra £10 it costs me to cross the Severn Bridge twice, its worth it for the 'can do' attitute :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to echo all of the great reports about this dealership that have been posted above. Used twice in the last 2 weeks, for a 50k service and also warranty work. Excellent service on both occasions.