vRS Combi - Candy White Or Corrida Red ?

I know its a each to their own choice, but at the moment im hovering over the order button for a vRS, Pano Roof, Colour Dot, Ipod and trying to decided on  Candy white Or Corrida Red ?

I have looked at all the photos on the site and both look nice...

I had a Candy white on extended Demo and did like that, but after 500 miles it was black with dirt.. but it was Feb (UK)..

Anyone regretted either colour for any reason? Im not wanting to "pay" for premium colour as its a company car and already costing in extras.

Thanks

I'd check but I think corrida red will now be payable. If that is the case I'd go Rio red as its a lovely colour and not very common

Thanks - On my quoting tool for the car it shows, just these 2 colours as FREE, rest are chargable.

Seems like you answered your own question if you are going to drive it 12 months a year and White was Black with Dirt in 500 miles.

The red will be as dirty, but just not as obviously so.

Yeah.. it was a "salt" and wet weekend when i had the demo car, but its not a deal braker I guess.....

Thread can be found here with photos. -

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/343166-o3-vrs-tdi-combi-my-review-of-demo-car-and-questions/

Tricky choice...

Thanks for that harrysprout - May check if any local dealers have one in so I can see it in the flesh.

I do like how the red strip which runs under the boot is highlighted on the white car though,  - taking into account this car will be for 4 years.

If going Red -  which wheels...  ??  (taking into account im not wanting the black pack.

18" Gemini anthracite alloy wheels
    18" Gemini silver alloy wheels

Was hard enough chossing the car and spec, let alone colour...

Thanks in advance

Edited by RickTT

White with Anthracite would be my call...if I went for silver wheels I think id probably go Pictoris.

Personally not a lover of red cars though....is definitely a personal choice.

• Like 1

Here's my take on it, I have a Candy White Superb (Company car), it's done 94k miles and just over 3.5 years old.

I take very good care of it but due to the mileage, the front is now peppered with stone chips and marks. Despite my best efforts, the dirt gets into these chips and marks and then shows up when clean. There are also minor scuffs all over it, boot lip in particular which show up when cleaned.

I joined the "fad" of having a white car because the Superb does look great in white but I won't have another. In fact red is my preferred choice on my next car.

• Like 2

Here's my take on it, I have a Candy White Superb (Company car), it's done 94k miles and just over 3.5 years old.

I take very good care of it but due to the mileage, the front is now peppered with stone chips and marks. Despite my best efforts, the dirt gets into these chips and marks and then shows up when clean. There are also minor scuffs all over it, boot lip in particular which show up when cleaned.

I joined the "fad" of having a white car because the Superb does look great in white but I won't have another. In fact red is my preferred choice on my next car.

Thanks for this, one of my concerns were stone chips on a none white car which chip and are visable as white primer..

I used to have a Denim Blue A4 and the front of that was a bit of a mess with white specks after 140k miles...

My hatch is red with anthracite Gemini. I like the look. The red doesn't show grim much and it does look 'wow!' When clean and waxed.  The wheels also don't show the dirt badly and when the diamond cut bit catches the light in pops beautifully.  The down side is the lacquer isn't durable apparently and corrosion is a matter of time.

Corrida red was free, then a £175 option, it's now free again I think

• Like 1

The lacquer on the diamond cut wheels.  Look at any diamond cut alloy of any make, over a couple of years old, if it hasn't been regularly sealed and cleaned weekly it probably has white bits, corrosion penetrating under the lacquer.  Some briskies have had it on Geminis.  Mine are OK so fa but I expect they will go as they all do.

If you have other rims for winter use then the problem will take much longer to occur hopefully.

I've a Fabia in Corrida Red, after a few years the red oxidises, plastic bits look like flat matt emulsion.

Hard to match colour after a few years if a touch-up is required.

Polishing only slows process down, the sun does the most damage.

Yes, I love my RED ten year Fabia VRS...LOL

PS: oh! almost forgot there is a laquer applied on top of the finishing coat of paint, that just pimples then peels away like sun-burnt skin..LOL

Photos supplied if your doubtful..?

Yes it should be considered that red ( again all brands) fade more obviously.  You need to seal/ wax the car to prevent this.  If you garage your car you probably won't have any issue even if you don't wax it.  

• Like 2

Saw a Corrida red estate (non vRS) on my way to work this morning, first time I've noticed one on the road and thought it looked very nice! I was torn between corrida red and metal grey when I ordered, went with metal grey in the end as the wife and kids preferred it.

• Like 1

For me Corrida red was a no brainer as I'm too mean to pay for a colour and I don't like cleaning cars very much. It looks great and I've been driving it a year and still haven't seen another red one yet!

As for the fading on old fabias (and all other old cars) I do think they have solved this problem now. My dad has a red mk2 which is 9 years old and like mine has only ever been washed with a sponge and washing up liquid. Next to mine you can notice the difference in colour, but it certainly isn't faded as such and still looks good and totally even colour.

Edited by Dr_Pepper
  • Like 2

Driving a meteor grey one I'm hardly in a position to talk colour! :)

Personally, the White, I just have a problem with red cars...

• Like 1

I had the same problem when choosing a colour. However, I saw a Corrida Red VRS and it was amazing so I ordered red hatch. Mine is Elegance but I hope the colour is not different from the VRS. Red looks amazing when properly detailed and there aren't many red cars here which is good for me :)

• Like 1

Thanks all, on my drive home I was spotting for Red cars.... did not see one !!

Would love to see any photos of the Corrida Red of yours,  (i have viewed photos on other posts) (im thinking of not getting the black pack, so would be good to see a grill.)

Thanks all

edit -

73b500f8e598b724b4174cf64ce0b8c169d62cf8

Skoda_Octavia_III_RS_Combi_Nordschleife_

img0042o3mi4qbzvw.jpg

edwj.png

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

Red has a different pigment now from the days of Fading Vauxhalls, Skoda and all the rest, well except for those Royal Mail vans you see.

& Water Based paint now.

First of the different/ improved Pigment was on Alfa Romeos / Fiats as a try out for the Special Reds on Ferraris,(extra Cost back then)

this was while VAG was still spraying the Fading Red Paints.

• Like 1

Love my red (elegance) estate. Got pano roof too. Part of me wishes all the roof was black though.

I got the chrome rails and window surrounds too - and it looks great.

I think there is another red one locally to me, but I've not seen any others on the road (not that I get out much! :D )

We had a race blue demo which the wife and kids love (and I almost ordered) but then I showed them this: https://flic.kr/p/eftHi2

And they all voted for red!

Wife has named her Scarlett!

• Like 1

Corrida red is one of the best colours skoda do.

I love the colour it look so good clean it shine's and when it's dirty it sill looks good

• Like 1