Octavia build dates for new orders

I fully understand why tou got them. Im just surprised they are an option. Here even the most basic model has all the airbags.

Yep in the UK all our models get 7 airbags as standard.

The crew protection option adds two more rear airbags and basically pre-safe stuff that closes windows/sunroof if it detects an impending collision.

Yep in the UK all our models get 7 airbags as standard.

The crew protection option adds two more rear airbags and basically pre-safe stuff that closes windows/sunroof if it detects an impending collision.

Don't understand the closing of the sunroof in a crash. It seems the sunroof would close way too slowly to make any difference?

Just had a call from the dealer.....car has just been offloaded from the ship in the UK but will take 2-3 weeks to get to theshowroom...is this normal timeframe?

Andrew,

Any update on your car? We were the same build week so I like to think our cars were on the same boat.

I'm starting to get a bit giddy now.  I ordered a standard spec VRS TDi with DSG, in Race Blue on a PCH deal on 20th March.

Been told that because it was a standard spec that it had a build date of week 17 which the dealer said was week commencing 27th April.  However I have just seen on google that week 17 is this week?

Anyhow approximately 4 weeks and counting, I seriously cannot wait.  First time Skoda driver, i'm coming from a 2004 Volvo S60 D5.  

Knowing my luck the boat with my car on it will sink!!!!

Don't understand the closing of the sunroof in a crash. It seems the sunroof would close way too slowly to make any difference?

It does it I think if the ABS or stability systems are triggered....also I dont know for certain but I believe it does so at increased speed but would no doubt stop if obstructed.

quick update. my build week was week 13 so towards the end of April. Was therefore expecting to get it approx 4 weeks after that. 

however after the build it took at 3 weeks to reach the port and according to the trackmyskoda website has now been at the port for 2 weeks. 

the dealer informed me that they had lost 2/3 boats recently (assumed mechanical/technical issues rather than sunk) so there were delays. Given it looks like it's still at the port today i doubt i'll be getting it until mid-May now. Will be seeing if i can get something by way of compensation from the dealer. 

it may be that i'm just unlucky or could be a wider issue (as it sounds). 

How come some people have build dates but others don't? I ordered 3 weeks ago and still don't have a build date.

Also some people seem to be able to check their build/delivery progress themselves on some 3rd party website.

In theory should everyone have the same level of information and it's just that some dealers don't bother to get the information or withhold it from customers?

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

It took some weeks before I got a build date after ordering.

But now the wait is almost over. The car has arrived, and Ill get it on thursday most likely.

Andrew,

Any update on your car? We were the same build week so I like to think our cars were on the same boat.

We hope to pick it up on Saturday morning....had to put some pressure on the dealer to speed things along a bit....picked the reg number today so as long as it gets registered we should be good to go....

We hope to pick it up on Saturday morning....had to put some pressure on the dealer to speed things along a bit....picked the reg number today so as long as it gets registered we should be good to go....

Congratulations!

No news of mine yet. Knowing my luck someone forgot to put the handbrake on and it rolled off the boat and is currently sitting at the bottom of the North Sea.

• Like 1

Just been in touch with my dealer, mine hasn't been built (born) yet nut it is definitely going to be by the end of this week apparently.

However he has also let me know of 'issues' with UK transport beyond their control, which probably reiterates what the previous poster highlighted about a wider issue with delivery. 

Dealer is still quite confident of 4 weeks after build for delivery though......but im not the luckiest guy in the world so i probably wont have it by christmas!!!

Called my dealer today. Still no build date available :-(

Dealer had promised weekly updates and failed to get back to me after two weeks, his excuse being he's been on training for the last 1.5 weeks :-s

Edited by RB79

Ordered mine on Friday so no build date yet but was told to expect car around June or July, the car has been ordered on PCH with a few options added so may delay things? Does anyone know if you can put a private plate on a lease car?

Just been in touch with my dealer, mine hasn't been built (born) yet nut it is definitely going to be by the end of this week apparently.

However he has also let me know of 'issues' with UK transport beyond their control, which probably reiterates what the previous poster highlighted about a wider issue with delivery. 

Dealer is still quite confident of 4 weeks after build for delivery though......but im not the luckiest guy in the world so i probably wont have it by christmas!!!

Did you order from the Simpsons lease deal? If so I am in the same boat as yourself, wish the car was on the boat mind you.

Did you order from the Simpsons lease deal? If so I am in the same boat as yourself, wish the car was on the boat mind you.

I did although I didn't go through Simpsons. I went to my local skoda dealer and showed them the Simpsons deal and they said they could do it too.

I need my new car!!

Got a confirmed build date of week 22!! :-) Just hope it stays that way!

Wrote to the dealer to confirm it will be an MY16 spec car and what exact variation to expect on the spec. No answer on that as yet.

Edited by RB79
  • Like 1

Got a confirmed build date of week 22!! :-) Just hope it stays that way!

Wrote to the dealer to confirm it will be an MY16 spec car and what exact variation to expect on the spec. No answer on that as yet.

Are you in the UK? Could you check about the MIB2 unit?