Octavia build dates for new orders

Having recently put in a order with a dealership and only gotten an initial delivery date and no details on a build date I thought it might be useful to start a thread to share this kind of data with other forum users. Those who don't yet have build dates could get some kind of indication from other forum users (or potentially determine that their dealership is messing them about!). Im sure those that do have this info will love sharing and comparing the info as part of the excitement of buying a new car!

I think its useful for people to document their purchase date, tentative delivery date, build date and spec (Engine, shape variant, Trim level e.g. SE, options added). More experienced members please do advise if we may find it useful to share other info to make this as useful as possible.

I'll start with my own details...

Purchase Date: 29 March'15

Tentative Delivery Date: 31 June'15

Build Date: Not available

Spec:

- 1.4 TSI Elegance DSG Hatchback

- Brilliant Silver

- Electric Sunroof

- Rear parking camera

- Chrome Window Surrounds

Here's mine:

Ordered 29th March 15

Delivery date 'about June'

Build date:  Not available and the salesman today seemed to think you couldn't get this information (don't believe this for a second).

Spec:

Octavia Scout DSG

Pacific Blue

Simply Clever Pack

Bought on a PCH, which makes options expensive - even the £85 Simply Clever Pack ended up over £3 per month and metallic paint was £15 per month so I steered clear of options.

Here we go,

Ordered:  21 March 15

Build: Week 21

Delivery: Mid June (approx)

Spec:

- Octavia Scout 150

- Race Blue

- Chrome Window Surrounds.

Dealer rang with build date last week. Should update me regularly.

Ours is;

Scout 150, race blue

Ordered 16th March, build week brought forward from week 18 to week 17 (w/c 20 April)

Delivery is circa mid-late May

Seems to tie up with most people's except Yorkies for basically same car, 1 week later order, 4 week later build?

The dealer showed us all the latest build timescales spreadsheets he'd had and the oct was the longests of all the skodas but was 7-8 wks for orders in mid March (all flavours)

Thanks all! Hopefully this thread will remain active for a long time :-)

@sirdeadalot, you have the same order date as me. Probably the dealer genuinely doesn't have a build date at this point (too early). If you see Yorkie's post, they ordered just over a week before us and got their build date last week. Note MikeF ordered on 25th and also doesn't have a build date.

On a separate note, I wonder if ours (order 29 March onwards) will go into build post week 22 build (MY16) and will that be a good or bad thing (quality wise).

Edited by RB79

I'm also wondering whether mine will go beyond week 22 and MY16 too, and have asked the dealer as much.

Whilst I agree the dealer may not have a build date yet, my original comment on this was based on the response I got from the salesman when I asked for a build date; it was far more along the lines of 'what on earth are you talking about' than 'sorry sir we haven't received a build date yet'.

Here's mine (ordered in Austraila - Perth WA to be precise)

Looking at the Skoda UK site the standard spec and options are different to those on the Skoda AU site (eg, Columbus and sat nav are standard on the Vrs)

Ordered on/around 21 Nov 14 (its a lease vehicle)

Vrs Estate (or Wagon as they call them over here... :p ) 2.0 TSI DSG

Black Magic Pearlescant

Tech Pack -

• Adaptive Cruise Control including Front Assist with city emergency brake
  • Automatic Parking Assistant with front and rear parking sensors
  • Advanced keyless entry including smart start (KESSY)
  • Premium German sound system 'Canton' (10 loudspeakers, digital equalizer)

19" Black Pack -

• Xtreme alloy wheels 7.5J x 19"
  • Black Side Mirrors
  • Black frame around grille
  • Black roof rails

Comfort Pack -

• Electrically adjustable driver and passenger seat; driver seat with memory function
  • Automatically foldable door mirrors with auto dimming, memory function and environment lights
  • Heated front and rear seats
  • Leather seat upholstery with red stitching

Auto Boot open/close

Extended 2yr warranty

Veh was scheduled for build last week in March (not sure what build week that is) and an estimated delivery sometime in May (although Im not holding my breath...).

Owned a Mk I Vrs saloon in the UK before I emigrated and cant wait to get back behind the wheel of my new one.

Here's mine (ordered in Austraila - Perth WA to be precise)

Looking at the Skoda UK site the standard spec and options are different to those on the Skoda AU site (eg, Columbus and sat nav are standard on the Vrs)

Ordered on/around 21 Nov 14 (its a lease vehicle)

Vrs Estate (or Wagon as they call them over here... [emoji14] ) 2.0 TSI DSG

Black Magic Pearlescant

Tech Pack -

• Adaptive Cruise Control including Front Assist with city emergency brake
  • Automatic Parking Assistant with front and rear parking sensors
  • Advanced keyless entry including smart start (KESSY)
  • Premium German sound system 'Canton' (10 loudspeakers, digital equalizer)

Liking the sound of the tech pack. Is it cheaper buying as a pack? Wish we had that over here!

@Sutty... *WOW*

Is that basically every option available? I don't see sunroof and chrome window surrounds but I suspect those are standard in Oz?

Ordered in November and built in March... That's quite a wait! Also, I can imagine how long it will take to ship across to Oz.

Keep us updated and send some photos when it finally arrives.

Edited by RB79

New to these forums, so hi all....

I've ordered the Octavia vrs 2.0 TSI with the following;

Moon white paint (red trim seats)

Black design pack plus (19"Extreme Alloys)

Columbus media system

Simply clever pack

Front & Rear parking sensors

Ordered end of Jan 15...built last week...rolled off the production line yesterday....4 weeks delivery to the UK

Told by the dealer yesterday that skoda delays in delivery are getting worse.....

Octavia Scout 184ps dsg in metal grey.

No other options.

Order date 19th March.

Email from leasing company 2nd April that car was due in stock week 20 for delivery early June.

Email from leasing company 8th April that car was due in stock 10th May, and delivery approximately a week later.

@Sutty... *WOW*

Is that basically every option available? I don't see sunroof and chrome window surrounds but I suspect those are standard in Oz?

Ordered in November and built in March... That's quite a wait! Also, I can imagine how long it will take to ship across to Oz.

Keep us updated and send some photos when it finally arrives.

Yeah, pretty much every one...except the pano roof. Too bloody hot for them here!!

Think its still pretty much a 6month order-delivery time frame over this side of the world. Im told its around 10weeks from build to delivery/clearing customs so Im hopeful that I will see the car sometime in June...anything before that will be a bonus!

Pics will follow once she arrives.  :happy:

In the past, when have new model year specs been announced? Seems daft that folk can order from the MY15 brochure but have post week 22 build.

I'm specifically interested in the Yeti as it's getting EU6 engines 150PS petrol and diesel but there's literally no information yet.

Car was ordered on 2nd of Feb and as of today it's waiting for a boat in Germany.  :sun:

They reckon it will take three weeks until the car is delivered here to Ireland. I'm looking forward to it..!

Purchase Date: 02 Feb 2015
Tentative Delivery Date: 08 May 2015
Build Week: Last Week (BW 18?)
Spec:
- 2.0 VRS TDI 

- Black Pack

- Anthracite Alloys

- heated front seats

- heated windscreen

heated windscreen washers

folding auto dimming mirrors

columbus sat nav

canton sound system

vrs mode button with sound generator

simply clever pack

trunk nets

interior lighting pack

underbody stone guard

And a spare wheel.  :D 

Edited by foregonereality

In the past, when have new model year specs been announced? Seems daft that folk can order from the MY15 brochure but have post week 22 build.

I'm specifically interested in the Yeti as it's getting EU6 engines 150PS petrol and diesel but there's literally no information yet.

Here's the discussion from this time last year...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/309296-2015-model/

Seems like you do get the MY16 car for the MY15 price :-)

New to these forums, so hi all....

I've ordered the Octavia vrs 2.0 TSI with the following;

Moon white paint (red trim seats)

Black design pack plus (19"Extreme Alloys)

Columbus media system

Simply clever pack

Front & Rear parking sensors

Ordered end of Jan 15...built last week...rolled off the production line yesterday....4 weeks delivery to the UK

Told by the dealer yesterday that skoda delays in delivery are getting worse.....

Just had a call from the dealer.....car has just been offloaded from the ship in the UK but will take 2-3 weeks to get to theshowroom...is this normal timeframe?

Car was ordered on 2nd of Feb and as of today it's waiting for a boat in Germany.  :sun:

They reckon it will take three weeks until the car is delivered here to Ireland. I'm looking forward to it..!

Purchase Date: 02 Feb 2015Tentative Delivery Date: 08 May 2015Build Week: Last Week (BW 18?)Spec:- 2.0 VRS TDI 

- Black Pack

- Anthracite Alloys

- heated front seats

- heated windscreen

- heated windscreen washers

- folding auto dimming mirrors

- columbus sat nav

- canton sound system

- vrs mode button with sound generator

- simply clever pack

- trunk nets

- interior lighting pack

- underbody stone guard

And a spare wheel.  :D

My order was also placed on the 2nd of February and is currently at port in Emden as well, dealer told me on Tuesday that the car should be here within two weeks, will wait and see though!

-Order date: 2nd February '15

-Build week: was told Wk18 but built last week which was week 15(I think, could be wrong though)

-2.0 TDI 150bhp Elegance Combi

-Leather/ Alcantara seats

-Heated seats

-Heated screen

-Heated folding electric mirrors

-Sunset glass

-Chrome rails and window surrounds

-LED rear lights

-Flat bottomed sports steering wheel

• Like 1

@Andrew, your car rolled off the production line less than 48 hours ago and is already in the UK? Nice!

But a further 3 weeks till it gets to the showroom? That *really* sucks!

If only Amazon sold cars... It'd be drone delivered to you by Monday! [emoji12]

Edited by RB79

My order was also placed on the 2nd of February and is currently at port in Emden as well, dealer told me on Tuesday that the car should be here within two weeks, will wait and see though!

-Order date: 2nd February '15

-Build week: was told Wk18 but built last week which was week 15(I think, could be wrong though)

-2.0 TDI 150bhp Elegance Combi

-Leather/ Alcantara seats

-Heated seats

-Heated screen

-Heated folding electric mirrors

-Sunset glass

-Chrome rails and window surrounds

-LED rear lights

-Flat bottomed sports steering wheel

Nice! And you just reminded me that I also ordered Sunset Glass!  :D

My own dealer thinks it'd be three weeks before I see it. I suppose it all depends on the ship. It'd be great to have the wheels on the road sooner rather than later. In the meantime I'm trying to prep my current car for selling as soon as the VRS arrives! 

• Like 1

Order: Week 8

Build: Week unknown

Delivery: Week 24

16 weeks from order to delivery.

Specification:

- Scout 150

- Topaz metallic

- No other options

This order was placed directly with a main dealer, rather than a lease broker.