What about the things that annoy you?

Mence, you are so right about the sunroof knob :) Yesterday we went out of town and I was driving. I opened the roof (LHD, opened with my right hand) and left it that way. Then on the way home my wife wanted to drive so I sat on the passanger seat. Tried to close the roof with my left hand and it was very confusing :) couldnt close it first two attempts

Must be the Bulgarian in me. :)

A bigger issue than the size of the fuel tank is the inaccuracy of the fuel gauge, run it right down to empty and there's still roughly 5 litres in the tank which just leaves you guessing.....

Absolutely 110% this.

Very little that annoys me about the car, its v competent and just gets on with the task at hand....though as an Elegance spec car its not massively fun to drive but then I guess that isnt to be unexpected.

My single biggest frustration is the range estimation.....I do a fair few mile in mine and I feel as though I now spend alot of time pumping 35/45 quids worth of diesel into it as when it says its starting to run low I take it for gospel and fill it up. The fact is as Neily says it still has several litres left even at zero range but I dont much fancy proving this.

Its not helped by the fact I have a Shell fuel card so can only use it at Shell (v few down my way), Esso and Texaco stations so Im not left free choice to fill up whereever I like, my nearest filling station is about 3-4 miles from home, the next another 5 or 6 mile away....otherwise I might conduct a real world test!

Columbus randomly resetting to play whatever the first track on the sd card is when I start up (rather than continuing to play what I was listening to previously). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Again the 50 litre tank. With the display showing the range was 35 miles I could only get 43 Litres in it to the brim.

My  previous Mk2 DSG had a foot rest to the right of the accelerator pedal for when it was in cruise, there is no foot rest on the Mk3.

Air vents on top of the dash reflecting about 100 mm up the screen on sunny days and the chrome trims on the air vents at each end of the dash reflecting in the side windows and door mirrors.

• Like 2

Low fuel warning when on a Tsi Vrs, does tend to leave things a bit close when town driving. But suppose I'm never far from cheap petrol so long as I have means of payment with me.Expect on a long run with higher MPG, its not such an issue as it gives more time to find petrol.

The idea that the bonnet can't be opened unless the door is opened first, is safety, to stop little fingers pulling it whilst travelling. Which side doesn't bother me, now I remember.

I dislike the reflection of the chrome interior in the driver''s side window. When the roads are icy, one needs clear vision through it to see the road ahead!

• Like 1

Columbus randomly resetting to play whatever the first track on the sd card is when I start up (rather than continuing to play what I was listening to previously). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Mine does this occasionally on my ipod, o thought it was the iPod crashing and rebooting as it used to do I occasionally on my aftermarket Kenwood system from my previous car but maybe it is the Columbus

If vehicle manufacturers were asked to compile a list of "What about the things that annoy you?", then "countries that insist on driving on the left" would be quite close to the top  :happy:

If the left hand side of the brain is responsible for right hand and eye co-ordination - then only those of us driving on the left are in our right mind.

Just saying.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 2

My best/worst is Derby to Helston and back so 630ish, and tbh I was glad of the oportunity to get out of the car, whether it be for a coffee or to fill up, the only reason I can see for having a car with a massive range is if you live in the outback.

I agree with you. I regularly drive Manchester to Aberdeen (350 miles) and done Manchester-Paris (500). The fuel range of the car is greater than my concentration, and if I need to stop for a coffee or a wee then wanging in some fuel is no big deal. 

• Like 2

The idea that the bonnet can't be opened unless the door is opened first, is safety, to stop little fingers pulling it whilst travelling. Which side doesn't bother me, now I remember.

I have no problem with that, even though my little fingers are well strapped into their Recaros in the back its SWMBO's fingers I would be more worried about. But if you are going to shut the release behind the wrong door then make the key open BOTH doors when you have a flat battery so you can open the bonnet and jump the thing

Can you tell I have had a recent flat battery  :swear:

• Like 1

There is a persistent squeaky noise coming from the front passenger seat.

(I keep telling her to shut up but she won't................ :no: )

There's a chanche it depends on the seat belt receptacle (sorry for my English) against the seat. I "fix" it with a small piece of plastic foam between the receptacle and the seat.

There's a chanche it depends on the seat belt receptacle (sorry for my English) against the seat. I "fix" it with a small piece of plastic foam between the receptacle and the seat.

I don't think he got my joke................. :x

• Like 3

There are very good reasons for driving on the left

1.Your sword arm always faces the oncoming traffic

2.Your horse-whip does not snag in the hedges

3.You do not end up walking in the gutter when leading your horse and cart

You only drive on the right because Napoleon was left-handed  :p   

Ah, but apparently Napoleon also brought cars with him, so we don't need those horses (and subsequently the need to drive on the left) any more for the roads and can use them for what they were meant for: food (proper one not lasagna)

I'm mostly extremely happy with the car, but there are a few annoyances:

• The door sills are so massive it's hard to get in/out without getting your pants dirty.

• In a RHS car you have to use your right hand to open the sun visor on the drivers side.

Yes and Yes, and let me add to that the large bumper surface between the tail gate and the well end of the bumper. Even with the fold out boot-mat I have already some slight scratches so need to by a bumper guard. And the large flat bumper surface also keeps all the dirt and water where it will do most damage.

There is a persistent squeaky noise coming from the front passenger seat.

(I keep telling her to shut up but she won't................ :no: )

:clap:

While you didn't get the joke, you are correct about that noise. I also put some foam there to stop the rattling squeaking.

I don't think he got my joke................. :x

No but his comment was correct nevertheless. ;)

I would also say the fuel gauge estimation etc is a bit off and little annoying.

other than that I'm a happy bunny.

Yes and Yes, and let me add to that the large bumper surface between the tail gate and the well end of the bumper. Even with the fold out boot-mat I have already some slight scratches so need to by a bumper guard. And the large flat bumper surface also keeps all the dirt and water where it will do most damage.

That's why I ordered an aluminum bumper guard with the car. Fits in nicely with the aluminum roof rails and chrome accents.

Not happy with the gear change, may be its because the engine is still new ( only 4 months old ) but the gear change is not very smooth and putting the car in revers have to take care the gears don't crunch. Have taken it back to the garage for them to check it and an mechanic took it for a ride with me in it,  said as far as he was concerned he was happy with the gear change and couldn't find a problem even when putting it revers, just need to give it a bit longer for me to get used to it.  

But its annoying me now and its not a pleasure to drive when you have to think about the gear change.

Iv asked the sales manager if i can change the car for a DSG model but that dosent seem as easy as i thought it would be, due to the fact its on there PCP solutions agreement c103_image.image.jpg

I was told you could return the car at any time exchange for a new model or keep the car or give it back, but this is not the case, was told you need to keep it for at least 12 months or more  before you can change it, something to do with the finance payments and also the depreciation of the car as they have to sell it as second hand. 

Am waiting for a return call from the sales manager to see what solution they can come up with....... so watch this space will let you know what happens 

Yep, the missing right foot rest, I don't drive M/ways much nowdays but when I do, I use CC and I sorely missing that right foot rest. The poor rear suspension well, I can turn the music up but there's no getting away from that right knee ache

• Like 1

Yep, the missing right foot rest, I don't drive M/ways much nowdays but when I do, I use CC and I sorely missing that right foot rest. The poor rear suspension well, I can turn the music up but there's no getting away from that right knee ache

Yeah that was one thing I noticed on the test drive too.

My Mk1 VRS didn't have CC so never had a r/h foot rest, and maybe because I've never had it I don't miss it.

Yes the wide sill is a pain and I too have the notchy gear change (going to see the dealer today).