What about the things that annoy you?

All sat nav systems can be flaky yes, but this one has been more temperamental than the one in my previous car. It's also the first one I've had that has tried to take me in two different directions at the same time.

Havent had any issues so far, apart from old maps. Seems like my part of the world doesnt get updated...

This is a strange one but it has happened twice in the three weeks i've had the car when I have stopped the car removed the key and got out it sounds like the engine is still running but it isn't I know it was still going for 5 mins so got back in the car turned the engine over and then stopped the engine and it was all sorted very very strange and its loud its booked in for a service next week so I will show them as I also took a video of it as proof, does anyone have any idea or also have this issue?

This is a strange one but it has happened twice in the three weeks i've had the car when I have stopped the car removed the key and got out it sounds like the engine is still running but it isn't I know it was still going for 5 mins so got back in the car turned the engine over and then stopped the engine and it was all sorted very very strange and its loud its booked in for a service next week so I will show them as I also took a video of it as proof, does anyone have any idea or also have this issue?

Nothing to worry about. DPF regen.

Hi Iamholam thanks for that, I don't have any fault light and the car is only a year old with 9k on the clock should the filter be trout already? or am I reading too much into it???

ignore this now as I have just read a load of reports lol so the car does this regular after short journeys to clean its filter sorry for wasting your time mate

Edited by seangibbo
  • Like 1

I can't figure out why theres no BP petrol stations listed in the section that lets you pick a particular type of fuel. It has Esso and Shell. I mean for Gods sake its one of the biggest fuel suppliers in the UK if not Europe. We have BP fuel cards for all our company cars so thats all we can use.

I can't figure out why theres no BP petrol stations listed in the section that lets you pick a particular type of fuel. It has Esso and Shell. I mean for Gods sake its one of the biggest fuel suppliers in the UK if not Europe. We have BP fuel cards for all our company cars so thats all we can use.

I hoping this is fixed by the time my co.car Octavia is delivered! Only use BP too, but for nectar points! Works on my 12 plate Passat, wonder why they've changed it?

The P-Zero tyres are useless in the wet.

The 19 inch "Xtreme" alloys mark way too easily.

No sound deadening under the bonnet for TSi owners.

Generally poor/loud road noise.

Stop/start dim witted and slow.

Soft paint, several stone chips on the front number already.

But otherwise I love my car....

Edited by DAVEY_DAVE

The P-Zero tyres are useless in the wet.

The 19 inch "Xtreme" alloys mark way too easily.

No sound deadening under the bonnet for TSi owners.

I can't get over how quiet the engine is, with no sound deadening whatsoever inside the bonnet. When it's ticking over I often think it has stopped!

• Like 1

Having just switched from a mk2 RS hatch to a mk3 RS Combi mainly I'm very happy however I have noticed a few things which appear to have been reduced in quality: the floor matts no longer have clips for the rear and they feel of a cheaper quality - doubt they will wear well. Had 192k km on my last ones and they were like new. Also noticed no faux leather on the door cards. Also still no lift pistons for the bonnet. What is really annoying is that when the wipers are set in auto and active if I turn off the ignition they don't auto park and stay in what ever position on the screen, seems to do this also in stop-start mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having just switched from a mk2 RS hatch to a mk3 RS Combi mainly I'm very happy however I have noticed a few things which appear to have been reduced in quality: the floor matts no longer have clips for the rear and they feel of a cheaper quality - doubt they will wear well. Had 192k km on my last ones and they were like new. Also noticed no faux leather on the door cards. Also still no lift pistons for the bonnet. What is really annoying is that when the wipers are set in auto and active if I turn off the ignition they don't auto park and stay in what ever position on the screen, seems to do this also in stop-start mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not add Skoda mats to my order - thought they were dear and ought to have been included anyway with a £19K car.

Got a 4 piece set from Wilco for about £15, did a bit of cutting to shape, then fixed rectangles of Velcro to the  undersides of the mats so they stick nicely to the carpet but are easy to remove as necessary.

Edited by ednmra

• 1 month later...

The road noise is really getting on my nerves along with the not so good speakers. I like the car but it feels a bit cheap compared to more modern newer models out there.

Other car is a Volvo xc60 and that is really refined , quiet and smooth ride along with brilliant standard sound system. Also just as quick as my car!

I will have a look at the Superb but don't think I will be sticking to Skoda for the next car. The depreciation is awful as I have just found out! .

I'm quite surprised by that... I've just come from a 3 year old qashqai to a new vRS and find it a LOT more refined. The interior and entertainment system is light years ahead. Feels well put together and looks very smart.

The two are similar in money to buy. I guess a brand new Audi maybe better again but you'd expect to with the price tag.

My dad had a mid range golf that was not only more expensive than the vRS bit honestly is less nice place to be

All my opinion of course

• Like 1

Octavia not quite as nice as the premium brands, but I still rate my vrs a 'nicer' car than the Mk2 face lifted focus I had before it. Better put together and noticeably better stereo and speakers. A Golf GTD is nicer still, but you'd expect that given the difference in price.

The road noise is really getting on my nerves along with the not so good speakers. I like the car but it feels a bit cheap compared to more modern newer models out there.

Other car is a Volvo xc60 and that is really refined , quiet and smooth ride along with brilliant standard sound system. Also just as quick as my car!

I will have a look at the Superb but don't think I will be sticking to Skoda for the next car. The depreciation is awful as I have just found out! .

That's really interesting as we're looking at a Selekt XC60 to replace the vRS, not quite as throwable in the corners but I think it's just as quick on the overtake (looking at D5 AWD R-Design) and a damn site more comfortable.

• Like 1

A lot of what others have said to a degree, but for me, THE most annoying thing is that the Columbus doesnt read out text messages and that the phone goes totally silent when bluetoothed to the car - ie, no warning alerts. My 6 year old Altea read out texts & the phone was as normal... Huge backward step.

That's really interesting as we're looking at a Selekt XC60 to replace the vRS, not quite as throwable in the corners but I think it's just as quick on the overtake (looking at D5 AWD R-Design) and a damn site more comfortable.

Volvo is in a different class for refinement and the D5 AWD will be much better

10 days ownership, my complains are these:

- The cup holders are shallow and small.

- (has to be verified) When the front two windows are a bit open and at city speeds, then there is a deafening wind noise, like a low hertz subwoofer, coming from the rear.  Bad internal aerodynamics?

- The bonnet handle is scary... if the battery is flat.... (which is one reason for you to have to open the bonnet!).

- Some of the internal chrome (side air vent for example) reflects on the driver's mirror at certain time during a sunny day.

All of the above do not affect my overall opinion about the Octavia, which really rocks!

PS I still wonder how come a 2006 Astra automatically close the windows when you lock the car, but with the Octavia you have to long-press the lock button until the windows "manually" close.

10 days ownership, my complains are these:

- The cup holders are shallow and small.

- (has to be verified) When the front two windows are a bit open and at city speeds, then there is a deafening wind noise, like a low hertz subwoofer, coming from the rear.  Bad internal aerodynamics?

- The bonnet handle is scary... if the battery is flat.... (which is one reason for you to have to open the bonnet!).

- Some of the internal chrome (side air vent for example) reflects on the driver's mirror at certain time during a sunny day.

All of the above do not affect my overall opinion about the Octavia, which really rocks!

PS I still wonder how come a 2006 Astra automatically close the windows when you lock the car, but with the Octavia you have to long-press the lock button until the windows "manually" close.

The cup holders are small and narrow but you can get tall thermal mugs with lids that fit snugly and they will keep your frappy coffee colder longer (but agree you should not have to)

The open window resonance is really bad on the Octavia even at low speeds, I have to crack open a rear window as well and that seems to mitigate it at lower speeds anyway.

The internal bonnet handle positioning is simply stupid for RHD vehicles. Similarly for the brake handle. Thoughtless cost cutting.

I kept meaning to tape over the chrome vent surrounds but never got around to it and now never notice the reflection (except now you have reminded me).

True, nothing came close to the octavia in the Australia market, with my selection criteria for the price two years ago.

Would add the Peugeot 308 estate if I were looking now though