What about the things that annoy you?

My idea of tape was so that it would be easy to return to the normal look when sellling the car on, especially as it is on PCP

Plasti dip peels off no problem. I'm not sure the company would even notice you had done that tbh.

Also the Windows switches are too far forward, they've started putting the barriers down at work so I have to use my ID card to get in and almost every day I drive up and put the back window down, swear, put it back up and then put the front window down.

I did this a few times too. Then I realised the trick was to look at which switch you were pressing !!  :D

• Like 4

I did this a few times too. Then I realised the trick was to look at which switch you were pressing !! :D

Or feel for the front or back row of buttons first.

Or you could slide your seat forward the appropriate amount before operating the windows. The switches will then fall more naturally under your hand.

Or maybe your legs are too long relative to your arm length.

Or maybe EDNMRA has hit the nail on the head.

I'm annoyed that they have "pull" trigger type switches for the driver's door but seemed to have cheaped out with less good looking push switches for the other doors.

One thing I find irritating are the indicator repeaters in the door mirrors.  The one on the driver's side is so bright that I keep thinking there is another car alongside me, especially after dark.

Also, the spare wheel being a £100 option.  This should be standard equipment.

I'm annoyed that they have "pull" trigger type switches for the driver's door but seemed to have cheaped out with less good looking push switches for the other doors.

Sorry to be dumb but I'm failing to get what you're on about here? [emoji85]

Ditto. SWMBO does the same, drives me mad

Even worse the steering wheel controls don't work when the ignition is off so I have to turn the ignition on to turn the radio up or down - especially annoying on Bluetooth watching YouTube as you end up doing it on every video.

Also the Windows switches are too far forward, they've started putting the barriers down at work so I have to use my ID card to get in and almost every day I drive up and put the back window down, swear, put it back up and then put the front window down.

Ha yep. I stopped at a checkpoint and proceeded to calmly wind down the rear near side window

Automatic rain wipers annoy me because when they are on they dont always wipe the screen when I want, and to make them wipe when lever is in position 1, you need to make double movement (up or down) to make it wipe the screen.

I tend to just pull back like I am going to wash the windows if I want a quick wipe, if you quickly do it, doesn't spray but does a couple of wipes...

After 2 weeks of ownership, 7200km drive and 7 countries driven though (Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and UK) I managed to get a list of complaints I've got with my car. 

First one is the passenger seat rattle. It's the hight adjustment handle wobbling around bashing against the side of the seat. 

Amundsen problems:

Voice recognition. I was told this was bad by the dealer as it doesn't work properly with Estonian accents trying to speak English however I am an Englishman with the most neutral sounding accent you'll ever hear... it's still garbage. Doesn't recognise half the things I tell it and if it does then it screws it up and goes back to the start.

Sat nav system. There is no way to exclude countries so in order to avoid Kalinigrad (a russian owned country that you cannot enter without a visa) I had to make several destination and diversion changes to bypass it. Then there's the problem with the TMC... It redirects your route regardless of if you want it to and most of the time the TMC data is old and the accident or tailbacks have ended causing you to take a massive detour for no reason.

Bluetooth audio. Works ok but randomly pauses every 7 odd mins for a couple of seconds then continues. No idea why.

Side winds are a major problem and when I was heading back from Liverpool to Estonia there was a large storm and the wind was just shoving my car left and right uncontrollably when I was going 70mph.

Auto full beaming thing... useless. don't even bother with it.

Start Stop system when on hills is a nightmare, it turns the engine off meaning you're going to roll back when those lights turn green and you change from the break to the gas and you've got no clutch to stop it. Even if you turn it off the delay between the pedal and engine movement makes it almost impossible to move away quickly.

You may THINK you have a neutral sounding English accent but I would submit you may not be the best judge of that. :)

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

The thing that annoys me about the MK3 Octavia, of which I didnt have the problem with in the MK2 Octavia........

Is that having a manual with cruise control, and there is no foot rest next to the accelerator !!! :thumbdown:

(the little things matter....... or so I have been told on occassions :D )

Paul

Haha,just seen this and it made me laugh. Was giving my workmate a lift yesterday and he said "That would annoy me", when I asked him what would, he pointed to that very thing.  :happy:

This never bothered me until I saw this message, now it annoys the b'jesus out of me.

The grill design sends streaks up your bonnet (not code!) in the wet and leaves snail trails once it dries.

The sat nav is utterly appalling, and not to be trusted.

Was out on a site visit yesterday, going directly from one site to another (something I rarely do), first it tried to take me up a really narrow dirt track, then into a private car park. At one point I had the display on the Amundsen telling me to go straight ahead, at the same time as the display on the Maxidot telling me to turn right into a side street!

I knew the old A to Z maps I'd kept hold of would come in handy eventually. Just pleased the nav was 'free' equipment and I didn't pay £000's extra to add it.

Edited by Czechers

I have already hit my head several times into boot lock mechanism and each time was not pleasant.

Yes, can even do that if you are tall enough  :D

The sat nav is utterly appalling, and not to be trusted.

Was out on a site visit yesterday, going directly from one site to another (something I rarely do), first it tried to take me up a really narrow dirt track, then into a private car park. At one point I had the display on the Amundsen telling me to go straight ahead, at the same time as the display on the Maxidot telling me to turn right into a side street!

I knew the old A to Z maps I'd kept hold of would come in handy eventually. Just pleased the nav was 'free' equipment and I didn't pay £000's extra to add it.

All satnavs does that. My Garmin tried to drown me in a river in Sweden once. It wanted me to cross the bridge, turn left for a few 100meters, then cross the river again where there was no bridge....

1000kms is approx 620 miles, where is your problem unless the 320D had a 30ltr tank? If it did then i fully support your position.

My gripes, the noise/lack of sound insulation, inconsistent hillhold, headlight washers going everytime I wash the windscreen, the bone hard jittery ride (only a gripe as i like the handling) & its not returning anything even close MPG wise to what i could get in my older much heavier Suoerb II.

Other than that I like it alot, so much so that I have 8hrs of straight driving to do in it tomorrow fully laiden.

So the inconsistent hill hold is not in my Imagination then  :-) .

Don't get me started on Hill Hold - just why?  Especially when you are trying to reverse uphill.

I have already hit my head several times into boot lock mechanism and each time was not pleasant.

Yes, can even do that if you are tall enough  :D

However on the estate watching SWMBO having to jump to try and grab the grab handle on the boot (which I've been told many times that it looks like a sex toy) is extremely comical.

Edited by gullyg
  • Like 2

Don't get me started on Hill Hold - just why? Especially when you are trying to reverse uphill.

However on the estate watching SWMBO having to jump to try and grab the grab handle on the boot (which I've been told many times that it looks like a sex toy) is extremely comical.

Never be able to look at it without thinking that now, cheers [emoji23]

• Like 1

All satnavs does that. My Garmin tried to drown me in a river in Sweden once. It wanted me to cross the bridge, turn left for a few 100meters, then cross the river again where there was no bridge....

All sat nav systems can be flaky yes, but this one has been more temperamental than the one in my previous car. It's also the first one I've had that has tried to take me in two different directions at the same time.

I'd be very careful who you tell that you have a sex toy in the rear!