Castle Combe Forge Summer Action Day 12/9/15 - Track Time + Show

devonutopia

Funny I didn't see this threat last year when Bossfox was basically forcing people out of his way in the gtr,and over taking with half his car off the circuit on the grass?

His driving standard was bad enough for a 'talking too' by the marshals as he came off the circuit at the end!

All about the 'click' ;)

Its what the forum is about lately. Do what you want if youre in with the right people.

Its lead to a few leaving the site for saying it how it is, more not paying the freedom, and me not paying the freedom or giving extra donations like i did last year.

Its a shame, cos Colin seems a top man.

• Like 2

So had any of the 'trackers' been in a mixed session and had experience of alleged 'questionable' driving practice, to whom would you be airing your views?

IMHO if Jason is carrying the baton of organising then as far as I'm concerned it's up to him who he does or doesn't allow. If you don't like how it rolls, don't book.

Or take your chances in a mixed session.

I have past experience of poor track etiquette on briskoda sessions, but I quickly remember that I was a noob on track once and probably p155ed off others but do I bitch about it? No.

At the end of the day it's a public access action day, not F1, and marshalling aside there ain't no appeals process or penalties imposed.

Cue 'you weren't even there' comments.

• Like 1

Funny I didn't see this threat last year when Bossfox was basically forcing people out of his way in the gtr,and over taking with half his car off the circuit on the grass?

His driving standard was bad enough for a 'talking too' by the marshals as he came off the circuit at the end!

All about the 'clique' ;)

Excuse me?

Can you show me photos/video where I was half on the grass during the Briskoda session?

For your info I got told off for crossing the blend line leaving the pits to start the session.

They did mention I was a bit close to Mark through Folly, but I was pulled in for hooning out of the pits and over the white line.

I got a bit close to Mark (former mk2 Fabia VRS owner) when he swung over to the left going through Folly which in the briefing is not a no-overtaking zone.

Which I apologised to him later for.

Even though you are allowed to overtake there, I could have been more cautious.

Love chinese whispers!

Its what the forum is about lately. Do what you want if youre in with the right people.

Its lead to a few leaving the site for saying it how it is, more not paying the freedom, and me not paying the freedom or giving extra donations like i did last year.

Its a shame, cos Colin seems a top man.

I only pay for freedom because I know how much sites like these cost to run. I expect the costs are well over £100 a month to host a server like this. I run a busy ecommerce website and our dedicated server costs around £95 a month, and I don't expect it uses half the resources of this website.

Fortunately our customers pay our server bills, but it's not quite the same for a forum. I personally have no problem paying 0.03p a day for my membership.

From what i watched in 1st session the only thing that went wrong all session was the spin.... which can happen

The 2nd session was another great session i even had alot of fun with a car that has 100bhp more than me. And we let the faster cars pass.

Carnt we all sort this argument out like men. Instead of boys :P

Track in april seems like a good time to sort the arguement out :P

• Like 1

Excuse me?

Can you show me photos/video where I was half on the grass during the Briskoda session?

For your info I got told off for crossing the blend line leaving the pits to start the session.

I got a bit close to Mark (former mk2 Fabia VRS owner) when he swung over to the left going through Folly which in the briefing is not a no-overtaking zone.

Which I apologised to him later for.

Even though you are allowed to overtake there, I could have been more cautious.

Love chinese whispers!

Doubt the marshals ever saw the BMW incident, all the marshal stations I saw this weekend were EMPTY.

Track in april seems like a good time to sort the arguement out :P

Fully noting the tongue in cheek nature with which your post was made Kieran, 'track in April' is most definitely not the place to 'sort out the argument'.

The red mist can descend quickly enough on track, without the need for a 'Heavyweight Championship' build up.

• Like 1

Doubt the marshals ever saw the BMW incident, all the marshal stations I saw this weekend were EMPTY.

I didn't mention the BMW incident, if there was one.

I just saw Joe's video where he span off as he didn't correct the slight drift with a bit of opposite lock.

Was responding to the accusation of me having bad driving standards, forcing people out of the way and being half on the grass in a Briskoda session.

And jumping to assumptions about what the marshal said.

All about the 'clique' ;)

I didn't mention the BMW incident, if there was one.

I just saw Joe's video where he span off as he didn't correct the slight drift with a bit of opposite lock.

Was responding to the accusation of me having bad driving standards, forcing people out of the way and being half on the grass in a Briskoda session.

And jumping to assumptions about what the marshal said.

I know, just pointing out that it was probably unlikely you got a telling off in any case for actions on track that are not in view of the pit straight (the only place I've seen marshals).

And we let the faster cars pass.

Shame not everyone did that. I did only have one occasion that really p'd me off in the first session when i caught up to someone and as i was overtaking them, they decided to speed up heading towards Camp Corner, basically hanging off my rear corner and forcing me to cut in and brake sharper than i would have liked. I've never mentioned it to anyone as it was just an isolated incident. :thumbup:

I should add no direct reports have been made but upon identification I will have no option sadly but to deny access to those who don't comply. Same goes of course for the opposite, aggressive tailgating etc etc.

I just want a peaceful fun session or two. I hope that's not too much to ask haha

• Like 2

I only pay for freedom because I know how much sites like these cost to run. I expect the costs are well over £100 a month to host a server like this. I run a busy ecommerce website and our dedicated server costs around £95 a month, and I don't expect it uses half the resources of this website.

Fortunately our customers pay our server bills, but it's not quite the same for a forum. I personally have no problem paying 0.03p a day for my membership.

I agree. And i had no problem with paying the freedom and the the same again as extra last year, as i was in the way of thinking you are.

However, once youve been around a little while and certain mods start acting like a carpark attendant with their first high-viz vest, basically just exersizing what little power they have, you start to wonder why youd put money into it. But nobody can see the light or is willing to.

So members stop paying and members leave. I wont name names, but its plentiful.

• Like 1