Head work

How will it? You have given no technical information so we have no idea what's been done. We don't have an air to fuel ratio of your current setup to compare against. So we won't actually know if the "head work" as actually increased VE thus allowing more fuel to be injected.

How will it? You have given no technical information so we have no idea what's been done. We don't have an air to fuel ratio of your current setup to compare against. So we won't actually know if the "head work" as actually increased VE thus allowing more fuel to be injected.

ur in to maps/ecu's not engineering u told me yourself u ain't got any tools im not going to banter with the few clowns on here just doing what I said at a fraction of the price as I know people. END OF!

ur in to maps/ecu's not engineering u told me yourself u ain't got any tools im not going to banter with the few clowns on here just doing what I said at a fraction of the price as I know people. END OF!

I told you I don't do mechanical work only remapping which was implied about the service I provide. I do plenty of mechanical work myself on my own and family cars :)

Oh and mechanical work isn't engineering. If I didn't have a an engineer mind how the **** do I map and engine lmao

• Like 2

Eh? That made no sense what so ever

Your nor surprised surely!!!! :D

99% of the crap he posts doesn't make sense!!!! :)

I told you I don't do mechanical work only remapping which was implied about the service I provide. I do plenty of mechanical work myself on my own and family cars :)

Oh and mechanical work isn't engineering. If I didn't have a an engineer mind how the **** do I map and engine lmao

three clowns together :)

Calipers are for legs, amirite Steve?  :D

Steves disabilities are in his head, calipers won't help, unless of course you plan on wrapping them around his head? :D

So going back to the topic and the link I posted too. Looking at the flow bench database they have, the bkd and cr heads flow so much better. The bkd at 8mm valve lift is like 10mm of valve lift on the 8v PD head. They also list 10mm lift camshafts which also have altered PD lobes.

You beat me to it hutchy. I think this is getting a bit out of hand on here to be honest.

We all have our opinions. Let Steve come back after he's had the head work completed and back on the same rollers running the same boost to give us some sort of idea. As above Steve... give us a rundown of exactly what they have done to it please [emoji106]

John I was looking at that site earlier after Sepulchrave (what is your real name?!) kindly sent me the link. Looks like they do some bloody good work there.

I wonder if their lower lift cam is the same one that Darkside sell....

As for flow rates, suppose it's the advantage of 16 valves and much more material to work with...

• Like 2

John I was looking at that site earlier after Sepulchrave (what is your real name?!) kindly sent me the link. Looks like they do some bloody good work there.

I wonder if their lower lift cam is the same one that Darkside sell....

Reading the sales pitch on Darksides site it kind of matches Nordic Porting Service but for 550 euro's...

So a 10mm lift cam matched with one of their ported heads looks a good combo.

When we modified my head at work we only slightly modified it. The inlet ports was only ever slightly roughed up but the original shape was retained. The exhaust ports again the shape was retained but slightly roughed up again to aid flow.

The shroud around the exhaust valve guide was ground away slightly.

The valves all had 3 angles cut into them and the back edge of the valve itself was blended.

The lad who did my head has been modding heads for 30years so knows what he is on about and doing so I trusted him with the work he carried out.

• Like 1

When we modified my head at work we only slightly modified it. The inlet ports was only ever slightly roughed up but the original shape was retained. The exhaust ports again the shape was retained but slightly roughed up again to aid flow.

The shroud around the exhaust valve guide was ground away slightly.

The valves all had 3 angles cut into them and the back edge of the valve itself was blended.

The lad who did my head has been modding heads for 30years so knows what he is on about and doing so I trusted him with the work he carried out.

Sounds very sensible, I daresay it picked up torque right across the rev range.

Sounds very sensible, I daresay it picked up torque right across the rev range.

Can't comment on actual figures as yet to take it on and RR again, but feels slightly more responsive in the mid range for sure.