Heated screen

I find the heated seats very handy. I don't like driving with a jacket on or anything bulky. This solves the issue for me. Having said that, if they hadn't come as part of the winter pack (ie I could have just got the heated screen on its own) I wouldn't have ticked the box for them.

• Like 3

I'm simply looking forwards to heated seats as a bit of a luxury toy really, also to keep the wife defrosted when the aircon is set at a sensible temperature.

Heated screen on the other hand, I still miss the one on my Focus from a decade ago.

I love having the winter pack on my car, according to the spec sheet it cost me £300.

Also does your car not come with dual zone climate control? My other half insists on the car being freezing cold all year round, but dual zone is wonderful because I can have it set to the **correct** temperature.

I'm sure it does come with dual zone, but I also think the skinny madame will place a lot of value on a warm derriere.

I had the heated screen on my vRS. Might have used it half a dozen times during the winter, but I hated the added glare from the elements catching the light from approaching car headlights (especially when raining), and during the day you can see the elements against a light sky. 

My MK7 Golf has the heated front screen & heated front seats added from the option list.......

.....oh & it's the 140ps 1.4lt engine..............petrol........... :sun:

I had the heated screen on my vRS. Might have used it half a dozen times during the winter, but I hated the added glare from the elements catching the light from approaching car headlights (especially when raining), and during the day you can see the elements against a light sky. 

I've had 2 O3's with heated screens now and have hardly noticed the elements at all on either of them, they haven't caused any additional glare.

The only time they become slightly noticeable is if I am wearing polarising sun glasses and the sun is really low in the sky, but then I have to force my eyes to focus on them rather than the distance.

Also, you may think you have only used it half a dozen times, but it does switch on automatically to demist without illuminating the LED so unless you actually check under Convenience Consumers you wouldn't realise it was running :)

I paid around £700 for the Norwegian winterpack (heated windscreen/nozzels, back seats and Webasto).

Front Seats are heated on all models here.

When did you order your Octavia? It seems like the heated windscreen is removed from the winterpack in Norway. At the same time the price of the winterpack has increased.

When did you order your Octavia? It seems like the heated windscreen is removed from the winterpack in Norway. At the same time the price of the winterpack has increased.

I ordered in January. Im not 100% if I remember the price correctly, but it was around that.

Edit:

Oops. My memory failed me. The heated windscreen wasnt a part of the winterpack.

And I only paid 5900 NOK (about £590) for it. Webasto, heated backseats and the divider net(!) was the winterpack.

Edited by Gromle

"50 Years Ago – Wiltshire’s Big Freeze of 1963"

"It was Wiltshire’s worst blizzard for 80 years"

I think the worst blizzard in 132 year counts as "rare". In the last couple of winters (which have been warmer than usual) the temperature has barely dropped below freezing all winter. It does get colder, just not very often.

post-817-0-95863000-1432643996_thumb.jpg

In 2010 my car windscreen was iced over INSIDE my garage, the garage is part of the house rather than stand alone. It was minus 19 outside. My Mk2 Octavia managed just fine. 

Do you by any chance wear eyeglasses? They don't really bother me, and I don't usually even notice them unless I focus on them. But my wife, who has a pretty strong prescription on her glasses says they're in her view most of the time.

Do you by any chance wear eyeglasses? They don't really bother me, and I don't usually even notice them unless I focus on them. But my wife, who has a pretty strong prescription on her glasses says they're in her view most of the time.

No, never worn glasses. Haven't needed to.

Any time I'm a passenger in a car with a heated screen I see the elements straight away.

Any time I'm a passenger in a car with a heated screen I see the elements straight away.

I see them easily, but they are just easy to ignore.

Have them on my Octy and had them on my last car, never bothered me.

• Like 1

I see them easily, but they are just easy to ignore.

Have them on my Octy and had them on my last car, never bothered me.

I saw them straight away when I testdrove a car with the heated windscreen. To avoid any future annoyment I dropped it. 

I have to hope webasto, pertrol engine and DEFA WarmUp will be enough. :)

Edited by SuperJ76

I saw them straight away when I testdrove a car with the heated windscreen. To avoid any future annoyment I dropped it.

I have to hope webasto, pertrol engine and DEFA WarmUp will be enough. :)

Why both Webasto and defa?

The petrol heats up really fast :)

Oh I see them right away too, but unlike my wife, I'm able to look past them. Her glasses cause her eyes to always focus on the glass.

Why both Webasto and defa?

The petrol heats up really fast :)

I don't know about him, but I have the factory installed Webasto and a Defa battery charger installed at the dealers to keep the battery topped up.

Oh I see them right away too, but unlike my wife, I'm able to look past them. Her glasses cause her eyes to always focus on the glass.

I don't know about him, but I have the factory installed Webasto and a Defa battery charger installed at the dealers to keep the battery topped up.

The same for me. And also to avoid using the Webasto "indoors" in the garage, but still have a warm car in january. :)

Probably the heated windscreen should be standard in colder countries, had that as standard on my Mondeo and it was very useful, don't think that it was originally even available as an option on the Octavia though. In my part of Scotland winters are often cold and damp which can lead to a lot of condensation inside the windscreen, lowest temperatures in a bad winter would be around minus twenty, which is not anything like as low as in Scandinavian countries but average winters might be more like minus five to minus eight at worst, cold enough to benefit from having a heated windscreen anyway, certainly wish that I had one in my car!

• Like 1