Fabia III VCDS Adaptions

This should help you (it is from Fabia 3, year 2014):

Slave 2:
   Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 955 547 A    HW: 5Q0 955 547 A
   Component: RLHS  037 0059
   Coding: 00185E

I expect that you might have the light sensor at the bottom of the windscreen, because you do not have rain sensor. But if the car is factory fitted with rain sensor, than the light sensor is the same as for rain and is located behind rear-view mirror.

Edited by mtl

Slave 2:

I expect that you might have the light sensor at the bottom of the windscreen, because you do not have rain sensor. But if the car is factory fitted with rain sensor, than the light sensor is the same as for rain and is located behind rear-view mirror.

Thank you

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

I am a little excited to see how much needs to be changed if it is even possible. :think:

I reckon that I also have to change something in module 09, but I must wait untill I have the sensor.

Slave 2:

Just installed the new sensor. (5Q0 955 547 A)

First, an Auto-Scan. No luck to find the new sensor.

But after a little searching online, I found out that, Byte 6 - bit 1 must be active and to bit 0, not. This should be done in Module 09, main controller.

A new Auto-Scan completed. Now it tells me that I have a slave with Part number of the sensor. Everything looks ok.

However, I would not call it a success yet.

I have coded sensor with the code I received earlier (Coding: 00185E).

However, this has not changed the wiper function.

Could you send me the coding of module 09, main controller?

It might help to clarify what else is missing. - Or better yet, tell me what I need to do if you know it :nerd: 

I have an idea that I have to deactivate the manual mode. But I'm certainly not sure. :no:

From the car where you have sensor data. Do you remember whether it also had the light sensor located on the dashboard?

Thank you.

Could you send me the coding of module 09, main controller?

It might help to clarify what else is missing. - Or better yet, tell me what I need to do if you know it :nerd: 

Sadly I did not retrofit sensor yet, so no info regarding this. But here is the coding for 09:

0C01085042150AFB43804000402703080800D900D30A3500000000000000

And here is a part of ad. channel map of 09 connected to windscreen wipers, which you should also thoroughly check, since it is directly connected to your issue:

(1)-Windshield wiper-Anzahl Betaetigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung,0

(2)-Windshield wiper-SRA Verzoegerungszeit,0 ms

(3)-Windshield wiper-SRA Waschzeit,0 ms

(4)-Windshield wiper-SRA Einweichpausenzeit,0 ms

(5)-Windshield wiper-SRA Nachwaschzeit,0 ms

(6)-Windshield wiper-SRA Pausenzeit,0 ms

(7)-Windshield wiper-SRA bei Waschwassermangel,not active

(8)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer Referenzlauf,active

(9)-Windshield wiper-Wischer stop bei KL15 aus,active

(10)-Windshield wiper-Wischer abparken bei Oeffnen der Motorhaube,not active

(11)-Windshield wiper-Regensensor aktivieren,Deactivating

(12)-Windshield wiper-Menuesteuerung Frontwischer,not active

(13)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer Notlaufprogramm,active

(14)-Windshield wiper-Geschwindigkeitsabhaengige Wischstufenrueckschaltung,active

(15)-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen Front Status,not active

(16)-Windshield wiper-Adaptives Nachwischen bei SRA,not active

(17)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer_Serviceposition,active

(18)-Windshield wiper-Wischer Stopp bei Oeffnen der Motorhaube,active

(19)-Windshield wiper-Wischer stop bei Motorstart,nur Erststart

(20)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer Abtauposition,keine Abtaupostition

Though, it is interesting that (11)-Windshield wiper-Regensensor aktivieren is deactivating...

If you need full auto scan of 09, send me you email by PM.

From the car where you have sensor data. Do you remember whether it also had the light sensor located on the dashboard?

Sadly I do not remember this.

Sadly I did not retrofit sensor yet, so no info regarding this. But here is the coding for 09:

0C01085042150AFB43804000402703080800D900D30A3500000000000000

And here is a part of ad. channel map of 09 connected to windscreen wipers, which you should also thoroughly check, since it is directly connected to your issue:

(1)-Windshield wiper-Anzahl Betaetigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung,0

(2)-Windshield wiper-SRA Verzoegerungszeit,0 ms

(3)-Windshield wiper-SRA Waschzeit,0 ms

(4)-Windshield wiper-SRA Einweichpausenzeit,0 ms

(5)-Windshield wiper-SRA Nachwaschzeit,0 ms

(6)-Windshield wiper-SRA Pausenzeit,0 ms

(7)-Windshield wiper-SRA bei Waschwassermangel,not active

(8)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer Referenzlauf,active

(9)-Windshield wiper-Wischer stop bei KL15 aus,active

(10)-Windshield wiper-Wischer abparken bei Oeffnen der Motorhaube,not active

(11)-Windshield wiper-Regensensor aktivieren,Deactivating

(12)-Windshield wiper-Menuesteuerung Frontwischer,not active

(13)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer Notlaufprogramm,active

(14)-Windshield wiper-Geschwindigkeitsabhaengige Wischstufenrueckschaltung,active

(15)-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen Front Status,not active

(16)-Windshield wiper-Adaptives Nachwischen bei SRA,not active

(17)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer_Serviceposition,active

(18)-Windshield wiper-Wischer Stopp bei Oeffnen der Motorhaube,active

(19)-Windshield wiper-Wischer stop bei Motorstart,nur Erststart

(20)-Windshield wiper-Frontwischer Abtauposition,keine Abtaupostition

Though, it is interesting that (11)-Windshield wiper-Regensensor aktivieren is deactivating...

If you need full auto scan of 09, send me you email by PM.

Sadly I do not remember this.

First a big thanks to "mtl". - Your help has been fantastic.

I have now tested the new sensor and I can happily conclude that it works.

The previously mentioned plastic square, located on the dashboard, which served as my light sensor is now disabled. The new sensor installed, is also now the light sensor. As far as I know, this is not something I've done.

The new light sensor works fine. If I hold my hand over the sensor, the light turns on and when I remove the hand again, the light is switched off.

However, I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

- On the wiper stalk, I have some drops. What do they do now that the wipers are automatic?

- I see that the headlights turn on when you get a lot of water on the windscreen. But when do they turn off again? My headlights remain lit until I disconnect the ignition.

I have the ability to change settings via lights and wipers menu, but I can not find anything regarding time, only on and off.

Thank you.

Edited by ME@DK

First a big thanks to "mtl". - Your help has been fantastic.

Glad to help.

However, I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

- On the wiper stalk, I have some drops. What do they do now that the wipers are automatic?

As far as I know, they change the sensitivity of rain sensor ;).

- I see that the headlights turn on when you get a lot of water on the windscreen. But when do they turn off again? My headlights remain lit until I disconnect the ignition.

I have the ability to change settings via lights and wipers menu, but I can not find anything regarding time, only on and off.

This is called rain lights and you can disable them via long coding of RLHS.

As I remember they switch off automatically after 4 minutes of no rain and thus no wiper operation.

PS: What did you do exactly so that RLHS started working? Just used my coding (probably not) or what? It is always good to know :). And another question: how difficult was to retrofit RLHS?

Edited by mtl

Glad to help.

As far as I know, they change the sensitivity of rain sensor ;).

This is called rain lights and you can disable them via long coding of RLHS.

As I remember they switch off automatically after 4 minutes of no rain and thus no wiper operation.

PS: What did you do exactly so that RLHS started working? Just used my coding (probably not) or what? It is always good to know :). And another question: how difficult was to retrofit RLHS?

I found it incredibly easy to retrofit the rain sensor. (5Q0 955 547 A)

Behind the rear-view mirror is a socket. Here there is located a sensor having the same design as the new sensor.

Remove the housing behind the mirror, and then the mirror itself. The sensor is held by a clip. There is a silicone between the glass and the sensor to create a good connection, I believe. The sensor does not fall down because the silicone helps to hold it in place.

The silicone can be recycled in the lack of better, but I would recommend a new one. The one I bought already had the silicone on.

Before the system could recognize the new sensor I had to get into Module [09] Cent. Elect. >> [07] Coding >> Long Coding >> Byte 6 - Bit 1 ON and Bit 0 OFF.

A Full Auto-Scan is made and the sensor now appears as a slave under Module [09]

The coding (00185E) for the new sensor, can then be added. Module [09] Cent. Elect. >> [07] Coding >> Use the Dropdown and find the new sensor >> Type in the code and press “Do it”

After having compared the codes that I received, I found that:

Module [09] Cent. Elect. >> [07] Coding >> Long Coding

Byte 13 - Bit 6 must be ON. (Afterwards my binary code now is 0010 0111)

Module [09] Cent. Elect. >> [10] Adaptation

(11) -Windshield wiper Rege Sensor aktivieren, Deactivating (Mine was “Not Deactivated").

I've also got some extra settings on my Bolero, they can be found under lights and wipers menu. They became visible by themselves.

However, I found one place more where the codes were not all alike, it was Byte 1 - Bit 1

My code has Bit 1 - ON (Binary: 0000 0011)

The code that I received has Bit 1 - OFF (Binary: 0000 0001)

I've tried with and without this bit but it does not seem to have any influence.

I have no descriptions when I open the Module [09] Cent. Elect. >> [07] Coding >> Long Coding - I do not think there is a label file yet. The same goes for the new sensor. So I work a little in the dark.

• Like 1

However, I found one place more where the codes were not all alike, it was Byte 1 - Bit 1

My code has Bit 1 - ON (Binary: 0000 0011)

The code that I received has Bit 1 - OFF (Binary: 0000 0001)

I think you meant to say Bit 2 not Bit 1...

• Like 1

I think you meant to say Bit 2 not Bit 1...

No, because when we are in the binary code, it starts with Bit 0 and ends at Bit 7

After having compared the codes that I received, I found that:

Module [09] Cent. Elect. >> [07] Coding >> Long Coding

Byte 13 - Bit 6 must be ON. (Afterwards my binary code now is 0010 0111)

Here, however, there is an error. It is NOT bit 6, but Bit 5 as the binary code also says. :notme:

Hi guys, does anyone know what the coding is to enable autolocking off the doors when setting off and the acoustic sound for locking/unlocking? I'm not certain that my dealer knows what he's doing as he told me last time he couldn't switch this on?! Might have to do it myself!

It is possible through the dealers as I had it done, if they are unsure just get in contact with skoda UK, I did this they made some noise to the dealers and they sorted it FOC

Hi guys, does anyone know what the coding is to enable autolocking off the doors when setting off and the acoustic sound for locking/unlocking? I'm not certain that my dealer knows what he's doing as he told me last time he couldn't switch this on?!

VCDS coding will not help them, since authorized Skoda dealers do not use VCDS ;).

Ok this is really annoying me now.

Can someone please help me out, with a photograph, of what the settings page looks like under "Opening and Closing", under the Setup option in the "Car" Menu?

All I can see is "Central Locking" and then the options to change which doors unlock

Thanks

Automatic locking you won't find in the menus, the dealer can code it. Once that is done I find that once I do 10mph all doors lock and when I turn the ignition off the doors unlock again.

As for Accoustic Confirmation, again the dealer needs to code it, it should also be able to be done under VCDS but I don't know the adaption you need to make to do it. Once it's coded it is under the Opening and Closing menu on the car.

I'll get a picture when I get a chance :)

Regarding LED errors for reverse lights: In the ross tech forums I got the tip to set channel  

(2)-Leuchte28RFL C3-Lampendefektbit_Position_28

to 00, and this solved my problem

• Like 1

Just been up the showroom today to sort the paperwork out for my SE estate and got talking about VCDS tweaks, I've emailed him with some of the tweaks that can be done off this thread and he's going to speak to the techie to see if he can get any done during the PDI.

Picking it up Tuesday so let's see if any have been activated.

• 4 months later...

I am using vag-com 14.10 and i can not programme anything. With the 14.10 version i can only read faults. I tried 12 version to programme but without success. Which version should i use?

08/2015 Skoda Fabia III

Thank you 

Is there a list somewhere of the possible tweaks? Those requiring a cable / laptop and those you can tweak yourself via the radio menus.

For the cable tweaks I might try my luck with my dealer before I collect my car in the next week or two.

Sent from my Moto G

I am using vag-com 14.10 and i can not programme anything. With the 14.10 version i can only read faults. I tried 12 version to programme but without success. Which version should i use?

08/2015 Skoda Fabia III

Thank you 

I would not recommend doing any codings with older (cracked) versions of VCDS. The latest version si the way to go.

Hi,

Has anyone got the comfort/convenience windows open/close to work? (The function where you hold down the open/close button, on the remote, for a few seconds, and the windows will then open/close)

I have tried to activate this function via VCDS, but without any luck.

In the [09] Cent. Electric, I have found 5-6 statements, that I think, needs to be activated.

I get the extra option, conveniences windows, under open and closing, on the Bolero radio. I can change settings – All windows, Drivers only and off, but it has not effect.

Is it even possible?

I already tested this and it worked liked this:

- it worked only for drivers window (reason already stated)

- it worked randomly: once yes, then few times no, etc. Sadly I did not have enough time to do some additional tests. Within 20 tries, it worked 3 times, so not a very good success rate ;).

I will try to do some additional tests, when I get another Fabia.

Did anyone try to sort out this feature? I emailed directly to Skoda and they said that the new skoda fabia doesn't have this feature at all. I still hope someone will figure out something and activate this cool feature.