Fabia III VCDS Adaptions

I would like to adapt standard fog lights into cornering ones as they've done with the Octavia III and was wondering if it's a simple case of recoding?

Are there any other tried and tested VCDS adaptions for the Fabia III?

You are both more than welcome.

I know that I'll DEFINITELY be going for the following tweaks:

Dial staging

Coming home/leaving home via fog instead of dipped beams

Fog lights to come on with main beam flash

Teardrop wipes

Switching on Auto Rain Sensing wipers (I have the SEL auto headlights only)

Cornering lights should be done easily. Just follow instructions for Octavia and of course use a grain of salt.

Though, according to my data, those instructions should be 100% correct ;).

PS: I am glad I am able to help with videos ;).

Edited by mtl

Do you mean to change the bulbs for fog lights with LED bulbs or to retrofit additional LED lights?

Replacing the Bulbs in the fog lights with LED Bulbs

Also should not be a problem. You will just need to code them for LED and there should be no bulb warning.

Cornering lights should be done easily. Just follow instructions for Octavia and of course use a grain of salt.

Though, according to my data, those instructions should be 100% correct ;).

PS: I am glad I am able to help with videos ;).

Your videos are fantastic! I just wish you were based in the UK so I could bring my car over for the tweaks!

Thanks again MTL Garage

• Like 1

Your videos are fantastic! I just wish you were based in the UK so I could bring my car over for the tweaks!

Thx, but you have in UK also a lot of experts on this. For example andyvee is definitely one of them.

• Like 1

Thanks again MTL Garage

Click on the link in my signature for a Briskoda member close to you with VCDS.

• Like 1

Hey Gizmo68,

Tried looking in your profile for someone near Biemingham with VcDS bur wirh no luck. Do you know anybody around this area?

Cheers mate!

First bit of confirmed VCDS coding that works on the Fabia III. Once we get a few more we can add a definitive list into the VCDS forum, as they have done for other/previous models.

Please note that you perform any changes at your own risk. Briskoda does not accept any responsibility for your actions, and neither will I .......... if you're not sure, then please don't do it!

CORNERING LIGHTS VIA FOG LIGHTS

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

(5)-Leuchte12NL LB40-Light_Function_B_12 change from not active to Abbiegelicht links
(5)-Leuchte13NL RB3-Light_Function_B_13 change from not active to Abbiegelicht rechts

PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHOOSE ABBIEGELICHT LINKS / RECHTS (CORNERING) AND NOT ABBLENDLICHT (LOW BEAM)

CHANGING COMING HOME / LEAVING HOME FROM LOW BEAM TO FOG LIGHTS
Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten  change from Low beam to Fog light
(5)-Leuchte6ABL LB44-Light_Function_B_6 change from Coming Home Leaving Home to not active
(5)-Leuchte7ABL RB5-Light_Function_B_7 change from Coming Home Leaving Home to not active

• Like 1

ENABLING NEW "DRIVE GREEN" MENU IN BOLERO INFOTAINMANET UNIT
Module 5F, Adaptations, change channel:
(186)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_user_eco_rating change from not activated to activated

ENABLING NEEDLE STAGING
Module 17, Long coding, change byte 1 bit 0 from 0 to 1

ENABLING REFUEL VOLUME IN MAXI-DOT
Module 17, Long coding, change byte 10 bit 4 from 0 to 1

• Like 1

ENABLING NEW "DRIVE GREEN" MENU IN BOLERO INFOTAINMANET UNIT

Can you explain what this Drive Green menu shows?

Aren't you by chance copy-pasting my post from ross-tech forum? You have more now at http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?3114-VCDS-support-for-Skoda-Fabia-III

Sort of, but it only verifies what's been posted on here before ...... although I did add a few important bits of info for Brisky members to make it a bit more idiot proof!

Good work though  :thumbup:

Thanks for the tips and instruction both of you. The Fabia III is still such a new car that the features are not yet documented in VCDS.

Tonight I enabled

- dial sweep

- green score

- litres to full

These are all fun little features although none is really needed. But it is still nice to get something for free 

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody know if it is possible (and how) to disable the monitoring for reverse light bulbs check? I replaced them with powerful LED bulbs, but now I an getting a bulb warning. And while I am at it :) How about disabling monitoring for the rear lights?

Is there anything in VCDS to enable a light inside the cockpit, either on the dash or dial when you switch to dipped lights.. ??? I find it annoying there's nothing to tell me they are on other than looking outside of the car, or looking for a reflection on back of another vehicle etc..