Octavia Scout Owners?

There doesn't seem to be many posts on the Scout and wanted to know what owners of the Scout experiences and thoughts are/were?

I hope to be an owner of a Scout DSG 2.0 Diesel early next month and am hoping to have a better economy to my last car (30 combined) and I know I will have better boot and rear space in comparison to my Giulietta!

If you could please mention your experiences with the scout and add what colour, engine, extras and milage covered.

Many Thanks

2.0 PD diesel here with manual box, 08 plate on 133.5k miles and just gone straight through another MOT.

Other than routine servicing (Which I now do myself every 10k), brakes (Which I do myself annually) and tyres I have had to do nothing to the car in the 5 years and 101k miles I've had it.

Its unstoppable in winter with its winter tyres on and a great workhorse all year round, plenty of room for the family camping trips and never yet let me down.

Usually get around 50mpg although my long term average since 2010 is 48, have managed up to 58 over a full tank on one occasion.

For more info see my signature.

Best car I've had.

2010 140 pd 6sp manual in solid blue. 23k miles. Used mainly for towing. Great car averaging ~44mpg but has a hard life with lots of short runs when not towing. The only problems have been a broken front spring, difficulty engaging reverse (gear linkage replaced) and corroded alloys.

Choose carefully and you won't go wrong.

Mark

My Scout 184 DSG gets built this week, and it's fair to say I'm quite excited.

I'm coming from a Mk1 VRS that I have had since it was born.

My rationale was something that wouldn't leave me frustrated after my VRS, but also a lazy point and squirt car that works in the wet too.

I also do a fair bit of driving around muddy fields and carrying large amounts of kit. Getting to work in the snow is also a big priority for me.

Scout 150 in base blue arrives on Monday, first Skoda,never test driven one, what get go wrong! Will post thoughts as and when

Should be can not get !

#%$¥€ keeps correcting what is already correct

Had my 184 DSG for six months, great car so much power it still takes me by surprise some times.

It's now done around 5,500 miles and is getting 46.5 mpg which is 2.5 better than my last Oct 4x4 DSG which was also a very good car.

This one is much better inside with a better sat nav / infotainment system, it handles well and the DSG is a dream just pull back on the stick for a kick up the backside when you need a bit more punch to overtake.

Had Scout 150 in white since end of January, 17k on clock so far and been brilliant...winter pack was great on those frosty mornings and electric seats with memory function superb for my back. Boot size is unbelievable and just bought a nice boot liner from ebay for £32 as carry instruments and solutions for work. 

Updated maps last night and only downside for me is I don't think you can put the pocketgpsworld.com speed camera database onto the Amundsen (I stand corrected if it can be done).

Had a variety of company cars over years....Mondeo, Astra, A4, 3 series, Outlander and Mazda 6 (which was my favourite) but I fully expect the Scout to take that crown. Yes you do pay a hefty premium for Scout (over 4x4 estate) but I love the chunky styling and the fact that it's quite a rare sight on the roads.

I am in a very fortunate position of owning 2 Scouts

The first was bought new in 2010, went to town with the optional extras (Columbus SATNAV, mfsw, telephone connection, alcantara and electric seats, Xenons, variable boot floor.

Bought it following a rather underwhelming BMW ownership period (car less than suited to the 2 previous harsh winters). I had it remapped by SHARK in Mansfield, it has now done 80K miles and has never missed a beat.

Still looks and feels immaculate.

When it came to replacing our second car it was a an absolute no brainer......a new MK 3 Scout 2.0 TDI manual in metallic grey, not been disappointed with it, The basic spec is far superior to that of the MK2 so not much from the options list this time however did still opt for electric seats. The engine is somewhat quieter, although lacking the character of the PD engine under initial acceleration. Perhaps another trip to Mansfield is on the cards.......The grey is a bugger to keep clean, but easy than white of black i would imagine!!

Great cars, yet not commonly seen

I am on my 2nd Scout and loved them both but the MK 111 DSG is a different animal, fast and an air of quality over the MK 11. Folding mirrors, electric heated seats, Columbus sat nav all adding to the overall feel, 7000 miles on the clock, 54 mpg on motorway runs and an average of 47 mpg, so far no problems.

I think I posted this question somewhere before, but can't find it now.....

Does scout come with silver roof bars as standard and is the rear shelf a retractable material type or solid fibre board?

Cheers

184 DSG Scout, Moon White, Pano Roof, Xenons, and some other extras.

Picked up the car with 10k miles in early April, now has 15k on it. Average over the period of 42.1 mpg ( as per computer), mostly city mind you. 

Great car overall, enough power to overtake easily, takes 4 people in comfort, supple yet controllable suspension, huge boot and lots of confidence from the 4x4 system.

Might not have the flashiness of a BMW or Audi but its not far off looks wise IMHO.

Interior quality is good bar the front transmission tunnel (a bit low rent) 

Can't really fault it at this point in time, and pano roof is amazing :)

Good luck!

184 DSG Scout, Moon White, Pano Roof, Xenons, and some other extras.

Picked up the car with 10k miles in early April, now has 15k on it. Average over the period of 42.1 mpg ( as per computer), mostly city mind you. 

Great car overall, enough power to overtake easily, takes 4 people in comfort, supple yet controllable suspension, huge boot and lots of confidence from the 4x4 system.

Might not have the flashiness of a BMW or Audi but its not far off looks wise IMHO.

Interior quality is good bar the front transmission tunnel (a bit low rent) 

Can't really fault it at this point in time, and pano roof is amazing :)

Good luck!

Do you think you could please share a pic of your moon white scout?

Heres a picture of when I picked it up. Haven't got anymore pictures at the moment, but come this weekend may take some more.post-129034-0-47408000-1432893313_thumb.jpg