Dashcam Footage - What would you do?

Sorry , I've just watched this, albeit with the sound off but don't see what the big deal is?

I'm sure much worse happens in garages, that's pretty tame IMO.

It goes without saying that that would be wasting police time if you reported that to them?!

Sorry , I've just watched this, albeit with the sound off but don't see what the big deal is?

I'm sure much worse happens in garages, that's pretty tame IMO.

It goes without saying that that would be wasting police time if you reported that to them?!

REALLY_SNL_AIGflv.jpg

43366500.jpg

2 minutes on Google maps reveals this to be Tyre Spot Express, McMullen Rd, Darlington. 01325 4880077

http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/reviews/viewcompanywebsite.aspx?firmaName=tyre-spot-ltd-darlington&companyId=13205829

Of course I may be wrong but a quick Google of any of the surroundings my company names gives you this....

Of course I may be wrong too but that doesn't appear to be the depot in the footage!

Of course I may be wrong too but that doesn't appear to be the depot in the footage!

The road in question is Banks Rd, Darlington. It looks like the OP's car comes out of the back entrance, goes past Bookers and turns around outside Bespoke Windows.....

This is common practice.

Even with big chains & main dealers. Someone who worked at a JCT600 near me admitted that if a nice car (or not nice car if they were bored) they Would open it up down the bypass or have some fun in the local industrial park.

I had a ticket come through after my breaks were replaced at large chain.

Straight through a red light with the lights activated.

Reported and the bloke only got the traffic offense. Still has a job

• Like 1

This is common practice.

Even with big chains & main dealers. Someone who worked at a JCT600 near me admitted that if a nice car (or not nice car if they were bored) they Would open it up down the bypass or have some fun in the local industrial park.

I had a ticket come through after my breaks were replaced at large chain.

Straight through a red light with the lights activated.

Reported and the bloke only got the traffic offense. Still has a job

Fairly standard reaction to it from garages, know a lad that overtook a customer in their own car doing about 80, manager said were you doing 80? No, GPS on my phone said 70

Fairly standard reaction to it from garages, know a lad that overtook a customer in their own car doing about 80, manager said were you doing 80? No, GPS on my phone said 70

Did they cure the massively over-reading speedo?

• Like 1

The fact that it is common practice may well be true in the case where 'fitters' have to take a car out for a test drive to see what needs to be done or if what has been done has rectified the reported fault.  I don't think anyone on here would be naive enough to believe that on these occasions 'all' staff drive our cars the with the care and respect that we would expect.  There is big difference between having to trust staff on these occasions to act responsibly and on this occasion where it would appear that there was no need or authorisation for a test drive.

Above is assuming that they were not authorised to take it for a test drive by the OP as we don't know because that hasn't been made clear.

ooohhh this looks like it, and the state of the road explains the jarring I saw at the start of the video the the spotty **** floored it...

Dont worry OP, us internet investigators will name and shame for you... I gotta say though, the place looks like a dive and I def wouldnt have taken my car there...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.528411,-1.522731,3a,75y,147.92h,79.35t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGzbwDxY_1XgGfwwGXNFhOQ!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

• Like 1

I'm just thankful they are not my wife's gynaecologists. Is nothing sacred nowadays?

Someone I know was going to the Gynecologist  the other day but the appointment was cancelled.  Apparently he was off painting his hall stairs and landing through the letterbox! :notme:

Coat on and already left.

• Like 3

I gotta say though, the place looks like a dive and I def wouldnt have taken my car there...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.528411,-1.522731,3a,75y,147.92h,79.35t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGzbwDxY_1XgGfwwGXNFhOQ!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Looks like most other industrial areas around the UK. Do you only take your car to the dealer?!

Looks like most other industrial areas around the UK. Do you only take your car to the dealer?!

No, I do take my car to a place on an industrial estate, but the one that the OP went to just has a certain look about it... I guess its what you become used to but ive been using the same tire place for 20 years so I guess I know what im getting... plus the fact I always stop and watch and they have no problem with you standing outside with them whilst they do your tires, or tracking etc

Hi all, Sorry about the delay in reply. My decision on this was to have a quiet word with the manager and expressed my disappointment and left it with him. The company I work for has a good relationship with this company and although it probably wouldn't have I chose not to kick up a big fuss. As some said it didnt look all that serious as he hardly did anything in the car I probably wouldnt do myself. Although others felt he should lose his job. I'm pretty sure that he won't be doing it again.

thanks

As long as your happy with the outcome then thats fine,i personally would have not been happy at all with my car being treated like that & if that lad worked for me he would be out the door by now.Is your car a company car or your own? 

As long as your happy with the outcome then thats fine,i personally would have not been happy at all with my car being treated like that & if that lad worked for me he would be out the door by now.Is your car a company car or your own? 

The vehicle is my own.

The company I work for has a good relationship with this company and although it probably wouldn't have I chose not to kick up a big fuss. As some said it didnt look all that serious as he hardly did anything in the car I probably wouldnt do myself.

Perhaps your company should be looking to take their trade elsewhere. Your car, my car, your companys cars, shouldn't be aloud to happen