First child on the way- is it time for an estate.

Looking for some advice from the parents on here, is a fabia vrs big enough, I've not had the car long, and don't want to get rid how ever the Mrs is convinced we need a bigger car.

First concern is the boot space, what Prams will fit in the boot without major dismantling, I don't want anything that needs the wheels taking off And what's it like with all the other baby stuff.

I will be looking for a baby transport system - the type that has the baby seat which clips in and out and can be used as a baby seat.

I did have a search but most of the stuff was from years ago.

Any help and first time baby advice would be appriciated.

This I can do I have lupo then partner informed me she had a bun in the oven I've always wanted a vrs and thought now is my chance I have no problems at all

The only issue I had was when shopping I could do a full shop with the pram other than that stick with the vrs

If your holidays take place in this country then that can be a bit more tricky but then again is any car big enough you will fill what ever space you have post-123262-14330808376257_thumb.jpg pram

post-123262-14330808591125_thumb.jpg car seat

Hi

We have just had a baby and so far the fabia is fine. It is our 2nd car as we have 2 other kids so more space is needed.

I have a maxi cosi seat base and baby carrier, we are using a quinny buzz for the pram part.

The car seat fits into the quinny so does away with the other bits for now. I would say for 1 baby its fine, go to mothercare and try the prams folded in the boot.

I like the description of the suspension [emoji4] but I know nothing about prams best think to do is view the pram in question and ask if you can have a do putting it in the boot one issue I had with the bassinet was a bit of a squeeze

Hi we have a 20month old boy.we have silvercross pram and car seat.

Not the one your looking at tho. I can tell you that one will fold to half the size and fit with still enough room to get few bags of shopping in. The car seat we had attached to the pram so it was a 2 in 1 combo

Ok the boot isnt the biggest. But now our boy is walking theres plenty of room. Btw

Were thinking of getting roof bars and towbar fitted for future plans.

Edited by vzo25

Best thing to do is go to baby's 4 us and ask them to let you try it in your car.

We had a silver cross first and that just fit, Then a buggy, complete no go with parcel shelf in. Now a mothercare one for the second child, I have to take a wheel off to get it in (with parcel shelf) but not a big deal really as it's made to take off in a second.

Hi, I have a 9 month old and the vrs is a decent size for what it is. I am not sure about how the boot copes with a travel system type pram as I never had the fabia when we had one of them (I had a mk1 nova haha) would imagine it wouldn't be a problem as the boot is quite deep. But for our stroller type pram it fits in like a glove (do have to remove 2 clip on wheels to make it fit perfectly) but can easily fit the buggy and a full weeks shop in with ease and no need for shopping on rear seats!

Car seat wise we now have a rear facing one but the passenger seat probably needs to come forward to fit. But the front footwell is quite deep also so leg room isn't really compromised. The other half hasn't complained. Hope that helps. And congratulations.

Look at oyster prams we have one folds down so small. We have had ours 3 years now using it for second baby. Never tried it in the fabia but fitted well in the missus polo 6n2

We have Quinny Buzz 3, it is great travel system but the rear wheels have to come off if you want to leave the parcel shelf in. The frame is very compact when folded though so lots of free space remains for shipping :). But we have sold the vrs and bought octavia combi instead, much happier now.

I've got the silver cross wayfarer and the chassis and carrycot pretty much take up the boot. So any extra luggage is relocated to the back seat or footwells. However I do think there is adequate space. Maybe not so much if you plan on going away on holiday etc.

It's never too early to start contributing to the trust fund for the littles IMO..... Oh, not that kind.... IGMC coat_48.png

Ideally you want something easily accessible. Was thinking sliding door job but am struggling to come up with anything smaller than a Zafira. Other than that little Peugeot "thing".

Dont do it. I have an S max and its a nicer drive and better looking.v

I prefer the look of the galaxy tbh and the extra roof space in the rear is more appealing .. Makes it easier to get my bikes in when it's not doing family duties.

My fabia estate is more than big enough for me the Mrs my two boys (4 & 1 1/2), stroler and boys bike lol does me fine lol

Can't see a standard hatch being to small if you only have the 1

Our Silver Cross Wayfarer fits perfectly fine in my mk1 vRS boot. You need to store things in the rear foot-wells and spare seat but hey, saves buying a new car.

They really are great little family cars.... Enough poke to keep Dad entertained while also practical enough for the brood. 

Edited by Colinjb