diff help plz

I've just had my long ratio box fjw gearbox code anyone got any advise on swapping my diff ain't looked yet but been told its a pig???

put the longer gear cluster in your current housing, i hope you like the longer 4th, 5th & 6th!!!!

Steve, if you've never stripped a gearbox before then now is not the time to learn, you'll need some special tools and a very clean and tidy work area to lay everything out and a logical and methodical approach to get it all back together in perfect sequence or it won't work for long (if at all). Best bet is to talk to a local gearbox reconditioner and ask them to quote you for the work.

put the longer gear cluster in your current housing, i hope you like the longer 4th, 5th & 6th!!!!

well with my current gearbox im running out of revs so im gunna give it a go it not just 4th, 5th, and 6th all gears are slightly longer

well with my current gearbox im running out of revs so im gunna give it a go it not just 4th, 5th, and 6th all gears are slightly longer

Running out of revs?

What speeds are you hoping to achieve?

ok then, good luck with that report back when you swap the gearbox back over for the shorter ratios cause its made little difference & you car feels slower getting to the topend mph

Can't for the life of me understand why you need to go more than 150mph in a Fabia VRS!!!

the fact that a GTB2260 is finished making power after 5k rpm on race nozzles, if you need more rpm build a forge motor and fit a bigger turbo

• Like 2

I'm surprised the engine hasn't been forged already tbh, he likes to spend some money on it, I bet in six month time it'll be forged :)

I remember the days he said he was happy with 220bhp cos his Corsa is his toy, didn't take long for the bug to bite and go crazy :D

• Like 1

I'm surprised the engine hasn't been forged already tbh, he likes to spend some money on it, I bet in six month time it'll be forged :)

I remember the days he said he was happy with 220bhp cos his Corsa is his toy, didn't take long for the bug to bite and go crazy :D

Maybe it's because he thought about overtaking me at Castle Combe in a Yeti... then I put my foot down. ;)  :D

• Like 4

Maybe it's because he thought about overtaking me at Castle Combe in a Yeti... then I put my foot down. ;)  :D

Your were lucky he wasn't in his Corsa VXR I tell ya............

:D

• Like 1

ok then, good luck with that report back when you swap the gearbox back over for the shorter ratios cause its made little difference & you car feels slower getting to the topend mph

Can't for the life of me understand why you need to go more than 150mph in a Fabia VRS!!!

the fact that a GTB2260 is finished making power after 5k rpm on race nozzles, if you need more rpm build a forge motor and fit a bigger turbo

get a gtb fitted and u'll understand big turbo more revs sounds better to me little turbo or hybrid shorter gears I agree

170mph down m4 my bro got 1 54 plate, gotto say the front end does feel light at that speed as if the wheels are leaving the floor. lol

Are you serious or just trolling?

Are you serious or just trolling?

serious been faster though my m8 had a sl55 5.4 v12 supercharged 0-60 3.9 seconds 218mph topspeed (book speed) now that was something only downside when flat out trip computer was down to 3.6mpg

Piece of cake swapping diffs out if you know what you are doing, however you don't so leave it to a professional.

• Like 1