Superb Order tracker

We have been to sign the paperwork today and the car was there. Alongside some other lucky people's SEL and L&K models. Our car although we ordered an SE business because the build week went into MY17 you get given an SE Technology. No drama as it's the same car really but we didn't get to make a choice on some options like the phone box at order point and no way to add this before build.

Ordered a candy white 1.4TSI SEL Executive with loads of options on 17th May. Had a call last Monday (15th Aug) saying it has now been built and is at the port awaiting shipping, so likely to be ready for collection by 29th; Pretty much exactly inline with the dealerships estimated delivery.  I'll probably get them to hold & register as a 66-plate, so collect some time in the first few days of September.

Hi All,

I signed up a couple of months ago but have not posted until now. I initially registered in order to be able to see the pics and make a decision on what colour to order. I ended up going for Quartz Grey with Beige Alcantara.

I ordered my SE L Exec Estate 2.0TSI 220ps DSG around the 21st May and have just had a call, from my Skoda dealer, that the car is now at the UK port.

It was built during week 31 so hopefully should be with me by the end of next week at the latest. Fingers crossed!

The car has the following options.

Pan roof,

19" Phoenix alloys,

Flappy paddles

Colour Maxi Dot

Additional front parking sensors

Spare wheel.

Rear seat back release from boot.

Pick it up this afternoon.

Very excited!

Hi Phil74,

How is the car??

Just one question - I wasn't aware they did beige alcantara, is this right?

They certainly do beige alcantara :-)

At least on the SE L Executive.

Yep, definitely beige half leather/alcantara. No cost option on the SE L Exec. Would've liked the standard full leather in beige but full beige leather only appeared to be available on the ventilated seats option. I didn't have the budget for that when the beige alcantara is sufficient enough for me.

I've only done 20 miles so far. I've come from an old Jag XJ8 (aluminium one) so the size isn't an issue. It's just a bit daunting being in possesion of a £30K car. I've only ever run 10 year old 100k+ miles cars as my own so have never been too precious about them.

It's a different kettle of fish with this one though.

I've just posted about the colour on the DSG thread if you want my thoughts on that (quartz grey).

Other than that, the stand out thing so far, over the 20 miles, is that I've changed my drive mode to individual, left everything in normal mode except the steering. I'm really impressed with the sport mode for the steering. It's got a nice weight and appears to be adaptive to speed. It also appears to revert to normal when the car changes down to 1st gear whereby it gets lighter and slower. Strange feeling but I really like it.

Still early days and I haven't really played with anything else yet.

It'll take a few months to get to know all of the features and functions but things appear to be good.

Edited by Phil74

One of the upsides of the NCD saga was getting regular updates from Skoda Uk after my letter of complaint. All was going well with updates from Kate, that was until about three weeks ago when I was told the car is built and a Sept. 1st handover looked good. But since then the car has sat at the factory and according to SUK "undergoing checks" which they tell me is a normal procedure when the production restarts after the summer break when machinery has been fettled. They cannot give me a delivery time and will update me again in a weeks time. All sounds like BS to me, has anyone experienced similar?

Confirmed delivery Monday August 29th. Ordered May 9th so can't wait to get my hands on it. 16 weeks feels like a loooong time.

It's a L&K Estate 2.0 TSI 280hp 4x4 & DSG with the following options:

Petrol Blue metallic

Beige interior w/ventilated leather seats

Panoramic roof

19" Phoenix anthracite alloys

Tow-bar

Heated windshield

• 2 weeks later...

Picked my SEL Exec Estate 1.4TSI DSG up on Saturday (3rd). Very impressed with it and I haven't even had time to read the manual properly yet. 

Nice to be back in a petrol again too. Its so quiet & relaxing to drive! :)

Oh and for reference, it was ordered 17th May. The dealer was pretty much spot on with their delivery estimate. 

Edited by tph216

My car was built three weeks ago but still sits in Emden, very frustrating.

I'm picking up my 206tsi (equivalent of the 280ps in Europe) on Friday. According to the VIN it was built June 19th (ordered April 21st), so it's nearly 3 months between being built and making it into my hands and nearly 5 from ordering! Sucks to live 12,000km away from the action sometimes....

• Like 1

Ordered a L&K Superb Estate 2.0 150 PS 4X4 Manual yesterday

candy white

black leather

reversing camera

heated washer nozzles

travel assist

build week 43 quoted

Edited by bryanc

At long last, after a lot of over-analysing every possible combination, trim and extra, I've placed my order today.

Superb L&K hatch 2.0 TDI 140kW 6-speed auto DSG with:

Lava Blue metallic

Black leather

Auto light assist with multifunctional cam

"Front Assist" Adaptive cruise control

"Driver Alert" Rest assist

"Travel assist" traffic signs

"Crew Protection Assist"

Heated windscreen

Gearbox DSG Shifting

Integrated towbar.

A big thank-you to everyone that took the time to answer my many daft and sometimes pointless questions. My compliments to everyone involved in running a great website

• Like 1

Arrived in the UK at the beginning of the week and still not made it to the dealer. Will be 4 months next Saturday since I ordered it. Starting to wonder if it actually exists, or if it is being towed from Czech Republic by a donkey.

Arrived in the UK at the beginning of the week and still not made it to the dealer. Will be 4 months next Saturday since I ordered it. Starting to wonder if it actually exists, or if it is being towed from Czech Republic by a donkey.

Feel much the same way. If the regular updates I have had from SUK are correct, the car was built but then sat at the factory for nearly three weeks, went to Emden and has sat there for another two weeks. I was told yesterday that the car "should" be loaded on a ship today bound for Sheerness, fingers crossed.

How are people getting updates on progress from SUK - I ordered mine just over 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet?

SUK keep in constant touch after I had written directly to the CEO letting him know my despair in how SUK treated myself and other members here concerning the NCD fiasco. Also receiving a decent amount of goodwill by way of compensation for my troubles.

After reading this thread, I have notised that it is a great different between the countries how Superb is trimmed. The specs are really different.

The L&K in Norway is really packed with equipments.

There is no TV ( in Norway we have only digital tv), trailer hub, adjust the front seat from the rear seat, sun curtain on rear windows, a net between the rear seat and the trunk, isofix in the passanger seat, doble trunk floor, padle shift on the stearing wheel, ventilated seats, spear wheel, heated front window, panorama roof, smart gate, bluethooth premium with sim, phone box with charging or alarm.

The rest is standard with L&K in Norway

I have ordered this car

Superb L&K 150 HP DSG Estate with the norwegian trim. Look abonnement to see what's not included in the norwegian trim. The rest is standard.

Corinta Red

Brown inside with beige ceiling

Extra dark rear windows

Trailer hub

A net between the rear seats and the trunk/booth

Ventilated seats

Gear shift padles

Sun curtains on the rear windows

Heated front window

Mud flaps front and rear

I ordered my car late July.

It was set to be Producer in week 35.

It was done two days ago, and set on a train to Norway.

I will get my car in less than 14 days :)

All you chaps that have ordered cars...have you done so without actually seeing the car?

I have a Superb 2014 now. I had one 2010 and 2007. It is a good car.

I have test drived the 2016 Superb, just to check that it was as good as expected..... :)