Superb Order tracker

Volkswagen has confirmed that around 800,000 of its petrol and diesel cars in Europe have "irregular" CO2 emission figures.

It's said to affect smaller petrol and diesel engines in the Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda and SEAT brands and is thought to be the 1.4-litre "cylinder-on-demand" petrol engine.  This might be why we will have to wait that bit longer now and how will this affect the 1.4tsi ACT fuel economy figures with a modification of some sort. Now, I am rather concerned with my choice of the Superb with the 1.4tsi ACT engine.

I think this is the real reason for the delay and my possible cancellation of my car, If it does effect the S3 1.4tsi act I will be gutted but I don't see what else you can do but to look at alternatives, I'm not going to wait 6 months for a car that isn't what I was initially told it was. So disappointing I just hope it doesn't effect these cars. Will be watching this very closely with my dealership on speed dial. 

We ordered my Superb on 21st October a Se estate 2.0l with spare wheel factory towbar and boot net programme in Quartz grey, dealer emailed today say ordered awaiting build week on system. Can't wait to get it.

Yep, my 1.4 TSI has been given a two week delay on the unconfirmed BW (from 48 to 50) today. I wonder if the emissions scandal is behind this?

• Like 1

Not sure I even have a contract. Certainly haven't signed anything!

Same as me. Ordered on a deposit, paperwork to be signed on collection so have no idea what I'm signing up to other than cost.

Contact my dealer today he is advising a 1 week slip to week 51, from 50. So no need to buy all that Christmas wrapping paper then.

I also asked about the rumours of extended lead times. Currently they are now advising about 20 weeks for some models. So if anybody is thinking of changing their car from April onwards get it ordered now. I wouldn't be surprised if the prices started going up.

Was advised nearly 3 weeks ago, by Leaseplan, that my car had left the factory. Spoke to the supplying dealer last week as to possible delivery (to me) date and was told December. Does it really take the best part of 7 weeks from Factory to the Customer ? If it were my business I'd want it getting to the customer ASAP after build completion so I can be paid....   

Jstallan,

the build and delivery time line is:-

1 day to assemble car (standard industry, most of the Subs will be done before assemble)

2 weeks transit to UK, via Germany

1 week for transit to dealer and PDI

Finally I have some details on mine :clap:

Order Week41

Confirmed Week 50

Theoretical delivery Week 51-52

Pickup 2016 Week 1

1,4ACT Manual Style.

Option list:

MET – 525€ -  „Metallic“ color (Business grey)
PLI – 335€ - ACC (160 km/h)
PNG – 725€ - Smart Light Assist  + Lane Assist + Blind Spot Detect
PWD – 70€ - Travel Assist
KA2 – 380€ - Rearview Camera
PPA – 330€ - Park Assist
PKL – 300€ - FOND (SunSet, 230 V, USB, 12V, Tablet Holder)
RA3 – 545€ - CANTON
PKI – 90€ - Foldable front seat
UK3 – 90€ - Rear seat folding from luggage compartment
3G2 – 45€ - IsoFIX for front passenger seat
PKV – 280€ - Heated front window
PHD – 965€ - Autonomous heater (Webasto) for petrol engines

PF0 - 120€ - Underbody protection
PJ5 – 400€ - Modus  8 J × 18''   (changed to avoid Stratos shortage, unfortunately there were no free wheels option for me :( )

Well my SE Business 2.0 diesel hatchback has made it to the dealer, so just waiting to sort the paperwork. Hoping to collect this Friday :dance: :clap:

Collecting the above in 14 hours, not that I'm counting or anything!! ;)

Hope it's everything I've hoped (and ordered!).

Pics tomorrow weather permitting :thumbup:

are you sure Leaseplan weren't telling porkies to appease you?

It wouldn't surprise me...

Jstallan,

the build and delivery time line is:-

1 day to assemble car (standard industry, most of the Subs will be done before assemble)

2 weeks transit to UK, via Germany

1 week for transit to dealer and PDI

In that case it should be with me next week then!! 

There is a possibility of redundancy at work, so I might not get to drive it at all!

Collecting the above in 14 hours, not that I'm counting or anything!! ;)

Hope it's everything I've hoped (and ordered!).

Pics tomorrow weather permitting :thumbup:

Collected mine today, lovely car. Shame the dealer failed to order the rear wiper, that's really soured the experience. There was no way I was gonna wait another 3 or 4 months for another car so I've accepted delivery.

For the record, my SE Business has also been fitted with the electric tailgate and rear sun blinds, despite these not being ordered. Will try to get some pics tomorrow if it's not still raining!

Collected mine today, lovely car. Shame the dealer failed to order the rear wiper, that's really soured the experience. There was no way I was gonna wait another 3 or 4 months for another car so I've accepted delivery.

For the record, my SE Business has also been fitted with the electric tailgate and rear sun blinds, despite these not being ordered. Will try to get some pics tomorrow if it's not still raining!

Good good, looking forward to some free "extras" on my SE business. Didn't spec anything extra other than metallic paint so am assuming the dealer won't have cocked that bit up.

Slipped again to unconfirmed week 9. Dealer (Geraint at Newport Skoda) doesn't think this is anything to do with wheels, but he's playing a bit stupid now.

He's also saying that he doesn't think I can cancel without penalty - but he's checking. Said he's never heard of anyone doing this before! The Arsene Wenger school of sales, perhaps?

When I first placed the order, I was given an estimate of November 2015. It seems to me that if they're saying it won't come until late March, it is perfectly reasonable for me to cancel* - my purchase was driven by an existing car on its last legs. If I get hit with a repair bill for £1000, then I'm going to want to scrap it and get something PDQ - probably second hand.

Given that there's no paperwork, I must be covered by distance selling regulations at the very least.

* I am not currently inclined to cancel, but I would like to know where I am, legally-speaking.

Update: He has confirmed that I can cancel without penalty - which is good to know.

Edited by thewinelake
  • Like 1

My SE L Exec Estate 150PS Diesel which I ordered on 17 October has now come forward from week 6 to week 4 so some delivery dates may be improving.

Is there anything dealers can do to push cars up (or down!) the list?

Apparently there is... I was told dealers can submit urgent requests. Factory reviews them on a weekly basis and feeds back to the dealer with a can or can't do. My car was brought forward 4 weeks through this process after i went nuts.

Obviously dealers must be told to limit these requests to an absolute minimum...

Edited by Didorx
  • Like 1

I ordered on 28 august (b-rosso red se-l 1.4 dsg with lots of extras) and was given an unconfirmed date of week 39 this went to 50 then settled at week 47.

week 44 was told couldn't have the colour (I had to inform the dealer of intending problem) so changed it to quartz grey but the amended order went in as a new order as when skoda stopped the colour they put my build week to 00 (without production week), then an unconfirmed date of 08 was given.

one complaint later and I'm now at week 51 so should get it beginning of jan 2016 

during the call to skoda they admitted all new orders are now 20 weeks plus due to demand

Edited by jeehi