Superb Order tracker

Great news looking promising that all will be OK and they are not effected by the latest emissions scandal. Fingers crossed.

Can't wait for your in depth review of the car when you get it.

How did you get skoda to send you tweets on your cars progress.

Ta Woody... I was also concerned over the Petrol CO2s saga, so a bit relieved!

I just sent them a tweet (private message) with order number, post code and mobile number (think they ask for ID purposes, even that they don't - I assume - hold any of my details as my car is a co-car). Normally get a reply within 24h... but today was more like 24mins !

Edited by Didorx
  • Like 1

Just had a call from our dealer - Carrs Skoda in Bridgwater - to say that my car has arrived.

It was ordered on 28th August and confirmed by Motability on 31st August.

Unfortunately I can not collect it until 20th November when our current lease on the Vauxhall Insignia expires.

So all in all about 12 weeks from ordering to collection. Hope this is encouraging for others.

Spec is as follows:- 2.0TSI 220 Estate SEL Exec DSG. Petrol blue with beige leather interior and Pegasus wheels. Extras:- Front sensors, colour maxidot, DSG paddles.

May pop up this afternoon to check it out.

I wonder if there will be any unordered extras like some members seem to be getting ?

Watch this space for more news.

• Like 1

It amazes me that the dealers are not more pro active in engaging with their customers. I had a call 2 weeks ago to confirm the car is at Emden ready for shipping, I asked for some updated finance figures, not heard anything. I AM CHASING THEM?? Something is wrong here. The dealer was excellent up to the point I placed the order, they have gone off the boil since then. I hope it gets better when they hand the car over.

• Like 1

I ordered at the end of Sept, still on a week one build. Hopefuly get it by the end of January. My Octys first MOT is due on the 23rd of Jan so I really hope it is as I dont want to spend a load getting it through just to hand it back!

• Like 2

It amazes me that the dealers are not more pro active in engaging with their customers. I had a call 2 weeks ago to confirm the car is at Emden ready for shipping, I asked for some updated finance figures, not heard anything. I AM CHASING THEM?? Something is wrong here. The dealer was excellent up to the point I placed the order, they have gone off the boil since then. I hope it gets better when they hand the car over.

I haven't felt that my dealer was particularly worried about selling in the first place & certainly lost interest since. I asked for prices on a set of winter wheels, a boot mat & a few other things & despite a reminder email after a month, haven't had a reply - I'll be buying those items elsewhere now as if they value my custom on high margin items that little. It's not just my dealer though, I went into another dealer nearby & despite having a good poke around their showroom model & asking a question about it, I wasn't even asked if I was interested in it but allowed to wander out! In my brief stint as a Ford salesman a few years ago I'd have been in huge trouble for not following up requests for extras or letting a potential customer leave without at least asking if they wanted help.

Well mine was ordered 21st October so looking like new year then. I ordered estate se 2.0l tdi

Probably right, my L&K is estimated week 1 & I ordered 6th Oct.

It's been 3 weeks since order and still not any idea of build week how long did people have to wait for any update on build week.

Andyoak21. 1st get the order number from your retailer the ring 03330 037504 follow the options to customer service give them the order number answer some security questions and the nice SUK people will give you an unconfirmed build week (BW). NB this is unconfirmed and usually changes until about two weeks before build. If your retailer is anything like the majority that get mentioned on Briskoda they will promise the earth but have the worst follow up and usually SUK are very helpful. When you get your confirmed BW then the frustration will set in.

• Like 1

It's not just my dealer though, I went into another dealer nearby & despite having a good poke around their showroom model & asking a question about it, I wasn't even asked if I was interested in it but allowed to wander out! In my brief stint as a Ford salesman a few years ago I'd have been in huge trouble for not following up requests for extras or letting a potential customer leave without at least asking if they wanted help.

Yeah I had much the same experience when I called in to see the first of the new Superb's to reach Northern Ireland. Spent at least 15 minutes going over every inch of the car both inside and out, and not one salesperson approached me. And the best of it is, they were voted Skoda Retailer of the Year for 2014. Obviously should have called in 12 months earlier!

• Like 1

Not an upate of such but the clutch on my trade in superb 2 failed yesterday (:

Could not believe it 2 months before the new ones arrive and a big bill

However I was so lucky that my dealer (progress letchworth) was so helpful and understanding and did me a great deal on a new clutch and dmf so that I could keep motoring for the next few months. Suffice to say they really got me out of a spot :)

So as it stands now am not to fussed when it arrives as I have a car that works and should be fine until the new one arrives...phew

I know Skoda has it haters because of the emission stuff but genuinely I have had nothing but good things to say about the brand and my local dealer. Never have a problem recommending them

Cheers

Ordered my sel estate 2 tsi 28 th Sept. Been given provisional build date of 14 th Dec.

Unfortunately sold my other car privately within 48 hrs of advertising it.

Skoda UK have been excellent on the phone and told me to ring back in a week to see if I can get a confirmed build date. Hoping they ship it before Christmas. Tired of driving my wife's Hyundai i10 although it is a fantastic little car.

Not an upate of such but the clutch on my trade in superb 2 failed yesterday (:

Could not believe it 2 months before the new ones arrive and a big bill

However I was so lucky that my dealer (progress letchworth) was so helpful and understanding and did me a great deal on a new clutch and dmf so that I could keep motoring for the next few months. Suffice to say they really got me out of a spot :)

So as it stands now am not to fussed when it arrives as I have a car that works and should be fine until the new one arrives...phew

I know Skoda has it haters because of the emission stuff but genuinely I have had nothing but good things to say about the brand and my local dealer. Never have a problem recommending them

Cheers

Good to know, just ordered a new Superb from there. Currently driving a C Class and my dealer experience isn't that good.

Yeah I had much the same experience when I called in to see the first of the new Superb's to reach Northern Ireland. Spent at least 15 minutes going over every inch of the car both inside and out, and not one salesperson approached me. And the best of it is, they were voted Skoda Retailer of the Year for 2014. Obviously should have called in 12 months earlier!

Guess it comes down to individual dealers. First I went into before any demos were available for test drive I sat in the show room model then talked for a good 45 mins about speccing and PCP figures including a PX price on my existing wheels, so definitively not just tyre kicking. Said he would post out a brochure when they arrived acc would call to get me back in for a test drive once demonstrator was in. Never heard a word....

Westover Skoda in Salisbury on the other hand (a few weeks later admittedly) accommodated me a test drive on a Saturday afternoon with no prior notice and had a sale a couple of hours following an initial friendly welcome from the girl manning the reception desk.

How long before confirmed build week is it that the build week is confirmed?

My unconfirmed build week was wk6, then last week it was 9 and now it's 11. I think I may have to cancel. What a spectacular waste of time!!!

Edited by thewinelake

Andyoak21. 1st get the order number from your retailer the ring 03330 037504 follow the options to customer service give them the order number answer some security questions and the nice SUK people will give you an unconfirmed build week (BW). NB this is unconfirmed and usually changes until about two weeks before build. If your retailer is anything like the majority that get mentioned on Briskoda they will promise the earth but have the worst follow up and usually SUK are very helpful. When you get your confirmed BW then the frustration will set in.

24 hours after writing the above and I've just got my BW it s BW 49 and the frustration has set in already, it took 2 mins, oh dear still three weeks to go to the next phase!

Dealer contact for me today to re-affirm week 47 build (next week). Interestingly they advised 72 hrs for build, and car still on track for delivery at end of month?! Can't see that happening myself but at least we're heading in the right direction unlike poor Thewinelake - feel for you buddy. Time to throw the toys out of the pram and test the rumoured ability for problem orders to be expedited on request...