Superb Order tracker

I don't understand this. How are many here (myself included) waiting for or going to wait for 6 months and somehow yours is built in 2 months and done.

I have no idea - I must admit to being very surprised how quick it has been when I have been reading this thread, but having said that, I have not yet got the car, and as far as I am aware it isn't at the dealers so there is still time for something to go wrong!!!

It's not like I didn't add any options either - I added a towbar, reversing camera and Pegasus wheels, and the black leather interior

It may be that the dealer had picked up a cancellation for a car of the same spec (those are probably relatively standard extras for an estate) so they were able to bring it forward.

This is why some folk are getting so frustrated, and it's compounded by forums such as this when people who have been waiting months see those ordering much later yet getting their cars quicker.

As I've got an L&K on order I'm getting a longer lead time, and my total wait time will be close to 20 weeks by the time it's delivered. But I would rightly be annoyed if I see someone else who ordered an L&K after me get theirs sooner.

Apparently the computer system at Skoda allocates build weeks based on the availability of parts. Makes you wonder how fair it is though.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I ordered mine the week before Christmas, was told then BW14 since that time it has moved forward to BW11. I rang to check if all was going to plan and was told it was completed in BW11 and is waiting at the port in Emden. So hopefully 3 -4 weeks from then sometime in mid to end of April. I didn't have any extras on mine just colour maxi dot and full spare wheel.

Mine is Business Greenline.

Fingers crossed that all goes to plan from here.

This is why some folk are getting so frustrated, and it's compounded by forums such as this when people who have been waiting months see those ordering much later yet getting their cars quicker.

As I've got an L&K on order I'm getting a longer lead time, and my total wait time will be close to 20 weeks by the time it's delivered. But I would rightly be annoyed if I see someone else who ordered an L&K after me get theirs sooner.

Apparently the computer system at Skoda allocates build weeks based on the availability of parts. Makes you wonder how fair it is though.

I guess as long as it's really totally dependent on parts, and selected by computer, then it has to be 'fair'. How cancellations are allotted seems to be more random - I said to dealer that I would take any colour if it meant getting an early cancellation and their response to query has always been 'we haven't been offered anything by Skoda', which implies a human element

And to quote what Skoda UK told me "do not believe anything you read online and on forums.  we are not interested."

Well as far as I know mine is still at Grimsby, given up chasing it.  Current bet in the family is will it arrive before my current one needs an MOT in May! and to add insult my current car is in the garage today having work done due to a brake switch failure, would not mind but there is a high chance it will not sell privately as how many people want a 11 year old Mondeo which is a CAT D after needing a new bumper last year even with a full service history and so today's work will be 50% of what it is worth scrap.

And to quote what Skoda UK told me "do not believe anything you read online and on forums. we are not interested."

Wow, well chosen words from someone who must have taken one too many calls that day asking, "Dude, where's my car?"

Having worked in a CS environment before the days of the Internet when customers didn't have access to the amount of information we have now, I can see it must be hard for them when their hands are tied and are at the mercy of Skoda HQ, and they've got to field calls from frustrated customers who have shelled out a large amount of money and just want to know when they're going to get the goods.

I am surprised that in this day and age there isn't an online order tracker and live chat facility. I guess SUK would prefer the dealers to handle delivery enquiries, but for many that isn't a viable option.

Wow, well chosen words from someone who must have taken one too many calls that day asking, "Dude, where's my car?"

Having worked in a CS environment before the days of the Internet when customers didn't have access to the amount of information we have now, I can see it must be hard for them when their hands are tied and are at the mercy of Skoda HQ, and they've got to field calls from frustrated customers who have shelled out a large amount of money and just want to know when they're going to get the goods.

I am surprised that in this day and age there isn't an online order tracker and live chat facility. I guess SUK would prefer the dealers to handle delivery enquiries, but for many that isn't a viable option.

And those words were from the escalated complaints team.....

And to quote what Skoda UK told me "do not believe anything you read online and on forums.  we are not interested."

Well as far as I know mine is still at Grimsby, given up chasing it.  Current bet in the family is will it arrive before my current one needs an MOT in May! and to add insult my current car is in the garage today having work done due to a brake switch failure, would not mind but there is a high chance it will not sell privately as how many people want a 11 year old Mondeo which is a CAT D after needing a new bumper last year even with a full service history and so today's work will be 50% of what it is worth scrap.

​The truth at last ! :notme: 

My dealer has called with an updated and confirmed they had 18 cars waiting at Grimsby this morning and a massive number of 1 was delivered to them this morning!

Spoke to dealer this morning and they have been advised it arrives with them this afternoon..........

Get in wonder if they can get it ready for the weekend.

So 2/3 days from arriving in the UK it is at your dealer?

So 2/3 days from arriving in the UK it is at your dealer?

Amazingly yes it is just been to sign finance docs for it. Just not sure when I will get if with easter and the massive delivery skoda had dumped on them.

Well update this morning, the car is now making its 40 mile journey from Grimsby to Lincoln so the end is finally in sight.     Just waiting for a handover date now.

• Like 1

Cheers Derv

Am heading off to the dealer this afternoon to look at it etc and sort some paperwork out and a collection either on Saturday or Tuesday.

Other good news when I went to the garage to pay for the repair to my current car I was talking to the owner about value ready for Autotrader at the weekend and he said cut all of that out and I will buy it.  Not a fantastic price but three times the scrap price for an 11 year old car which is a CAT D.

Sometime during the night between last Monday and Tuesday our car finally arrived at our dealer.

Not bad going as the projected lead time of 12-16 weeks was kept.

I mentioned the delays that have been talked about on this forum and was told that we have been very lucky. There are delays out of the factory and especially on the L&K models.

We plan to pick up our car next Friday so that we can skip the legal requirement to have winter tyres and instead drive out with summer tyres. Plus we booked in a few extras which will be done before delivery. I will write about that in another thread (Combi 2016 L&K TSI 180 DSG7 ordered).

Really looking forward to a Superb Spring. :sun: Sorry, I just had to. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :party:

• Like 1

Our dealer called just now. He sounded embarrassed but essentially the car had been with them since Tuesday but he didn't know about it as he was off that day. It had been delivered on a transporter of fleet cars and thus lumped in with the fleet order vehicles at a separate compound down the road.

He's been down and confirmed our car is there, but because service are off for four days over easter he can't have it ready until next Friday 1st April.

He did sound genuinely shocked at missing it and said the computer still showed in transit to dealer. They've agreed to provide an Octavia Elegance DSG for the week under their own insurance to help ease the transition (my wife has mobility issues and can't drive our manual any more), so that's fair enough really. I can collect it on Saturday when it's had a check over to make sure it's roadworthy, as it's an ex demonstrator which has been parked up for several months.

Not ideal but at least I have a firm date now and the dealer is staying helpful. It's gonna be (another) long week!

Our dealer called just now. He sounded embarrassed but essentially the car had been with them since Tuesday but he didn't know about it as he was off that day. It had been delivered on a transporter of fleet cars and thus lumped in with the fleet order vehicles at a separate compound down the road.

He's been down and confirmed our car is there, but because service are off for four days over easter he can't have it ready until next Friday 1st April.

He did sound genuinely shocked at missing it and said the computer still showed in transit to dealer. They've agreed to provide an Octavia Elegance DSG for the week under their own insurance to help ease the transition (my wife has mobility issues and can't drive our manual any more), so that's fair enough really. I can collect it on Saturday when it's had a check over to make sure it's roadworthy, as it's an ex demonstrator which has been parked up for several months.

Not ideal but at least I have a firm date now and the dealer is staying helpful. It's gonna be (another) long week!

That's a shame Derv, mine was also still showing as in transit when it was sat at the dealers.

Have been this afternoon and have to say it looks fantastic, albeit incorrect to what was ordered.  

Thankfully the problem can be rectified easily, the car has turned up with the 18" Pegasus Silver Wheels rather than the 18" Pegasus Anthracite ones which with Quartz Grey does not work, when I mentioned this the words were "oh, you are joking".  Ten minutes later and frantic conversations in the back it transpires they will order the 18" Anthracite ones in and then swap them over, but in the meantime they will continue with the handover which is set for Tuesday PM.  The question now is as they have said the wheels are in stock (wherever that is) would the car have been delayed as much as it has been due to the wheels if the right ones had been used.

Looking at everything else ordered it looks like everything is there and they have shown me the list they have used to tick of the various bits although not sure how I would check some of them:

• Spare Wheel - checked and present
  • Rear Wiper - checked and present
  • Backrest Release - checked and present
  • Camera - checked and present
  • Paddles - checked and present
  • Mud Flaps - fitted
  • Traffic Assist, Smart Light Assist and Heated Washers assumed to be present as everything was ticked and the above is all there.  

I did check the lights and the bits of plastic did light up so am assuming that means the Smart Light Assist is present.

The only other thing I think they forgot was the engine, it was so quiet it was unbelievable for a 2 litre petrol!

• Like 1

That's a shame Derv, mine was also still showing as in transit when it was sat at the dealers.

Have been this afternoon and have to say it looks fantastic, albeit incorrect to what was ordered.  

Thankfully the problem can be rectified easily, the car has turned up with the 18" Pegasus Silver Wheels rather than the 18" Pegasus Anthracite ones which with Quartz Grey does not work, when I mentioned this the words were "oh, you are joking".  Ten minutes later and frantic conversations in the back it transpires they will order the 18" Anthracite ones in and then swap them over, but in the meantime they will continue with the handover which is set for Tuesday PM.

It's not ideal mate, but of all the things that could have gone wrong that's not a bad one. It's mind bending to think it could have contributed to your delays though. At least they can easily rectify it (vs turning up with the wrong lights or seats for example!). I only hope mine has likewise turned up without any major omissions. Did you think to double check it has arrived with - and still has - both umbrellas? Various stories on here of people only finding one and being told by the dealer they thought that was normal... It's certainly on my check list!

It's good to hear the 2.0 TSI is a nice unit, I can't wait to finally try it out in the S3 as opposed to the Octavia. Roll on Tuesday, and make sure you put up pictures. I can live vicariously through you until Friday, then... :D

It's not ideal mate, but of all the things that could have gone wrong that's not a bad one. It's mind bending to think it could have contributed to your delays though. At least they can easily rectify it (vs turning up with the wrong lights or seats for example!). I only hope mine has likewise turned up without any major omissions. Did you think to double check it has arrived with - and still has - both umbrellas? Various stories on here of people only finding one and being told by the dealer they thought that was normal... It's certainly on my check list!

It's good to hear the 2.0 TSI is a nice unit, I can't wait to finally try it out in the S3 as opposed to the Octavia. Roll on Tuesday, and make sure you put up pictures. I can live vicariously through you until Friday, then... :D

Yeah we were laughing about the umbrellas and yes they are both present.  The saying was "well who cares the alloys are wrong, least it has two umbrellas"!.  As you say as things go the wrong alloys is the easiest of the problems to fix.

Will look forward to driving it but it did look when the tech guy pulled it out the workshop and it sounded good & quiet.  Have some pictures on my phone so will dig the cable out later and get them uploaded, not the best as the light was wrong so will get some better ones on Tuesday.

• Like 1