Superb Order tracker

My L&K 2.0 TDi 150PS Hatchback will be ready for collection from the dealer on Monday 4th April but sadly I won't be able to collect it until Saturday 9th April. Bummer!☹️

Collecting our new car at 4 tomorrow. Very excited. Couldn't wait to have a look so we drove past the dealer this evening and there she was. Parked in the special area of the showroom.post-58575-0-55497400-1459456500_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ssc

Well - its collection day for me today, picking the new one up at 11:00 this morning.

I should be feeling giddy about picking the new car up - but at the moment I'm more sorry to see my S2 go - it really has been a great car. If somebody had said to me 25 years ago that the best car I have ever had would be a Skoda I would never have believed them. The new one really has some 'living up to' to do!!

• Like 4

Well - its collection day for me today, picking the new one up at 11:00 this morning.

I should be feeling giddy about picking the new car up - but at the moment I'm more sorry to see my S2 go - it really has been a great car. If somebody had said to me 25 years ago that the best car I have ever had would be a Skoda I would never have believed them. The new one really has some 'living up to' to do!!

I feel like that letting go of our Mazda 6. It'll probably be the last new larger capacity naturally aspirated engine I'll ever own, thanks to emissions regs and downsizing. It's a brilliant 'driver's car' and I'm really going to miss it. :(  Onwards and upwards and all that.

I felt the same letting my old Mondeo go, after many years and many thousands of miles cars become part of the family and you do get attached.  It is now living out further use as a 'courtesy car' for a local independent garage.

I've been sent a nice little video from my dealer thanking me personally for ordering with him and showing me the new car ready to leave. I collect it at 2pm tomorrow! It's going to be a long night! :D

ENJOY!!!! the ride is just soooo smooooooth...even on 19wheels... miles apart from Octavia3

• Like 1

Woop! I am now in possession of our Superb SE-L Exec 220ps DSG in petrol blue with black alcantara/leather interior. What a drive home!  :wub:  The engine is near silent as Pentaxian said, and it's very 'easy' power. Around town it just pootles the same as any 1.0 shopping car, but the moment your foot goes down?....  :clap: I have to be honest, we had an awful lot of long stares on the way home. Beautiful car? Nope, just still covered in transport wrap with numbers and codes scribbled over the windows (out of sight lines) from the docks! haha. I pulled over at our local supermarket (the wife went in for extra mature steaks) and ripped them off in the end. It looks gorgeous! The transport wrap was absolutely caked in tar and iron from the journey over, and the paint needs a really thorough decontamination (iron, tar, glue) as you can really feel the bonded fallout on the clearcoat. Absolutely beautiful from a few feet away, though, and it goes like stink!

I will leave on the interior protection (instrument binnacle, Columbus, seats, carpets) until I have a free day this weekend to do it properly and protect everything, get the mats installed etc. Until then it's time for steak... followed by a few hours out blasting through the Yorkshire Moors or Welsh Mountains to run her in. Decisions, decisions... 

Edited to add: I'll pre-empt the inevitable question. It had 7 miles on the clock from new (including the dealer fuelling up for us), and now has about 25 miles. It was showing 4mpg on the DriveGreen on handover; that's shuttling around factories and the ferry for you lol. By the time we'd got it home - using the back roads to help vary revs/speed/gears for running in - it's now showing 30mpg. It was a mixture of rush hour traffic, nose to tail, and the odd blast up to NSL before hitting traffic again. Since the 30mpg 'includes' the original 4mpg that's astoundingly good for an engine this big and powerful. Had I reset everything, so as not to have skewed the result with the original factory MPG, it would have been mid-30s easily. My green score is 100 btw even after 'making progress'. </smug>

Edited by Derv
  • Like 2

Woop! I am now in possession of our Superb SE-L Exec 220ps DSG in petrol blue with black alcantara/leather interior. What a drive home!  :wub:  The engine is near silent as Pentaxian said, and it's very 'easy' power. Around town it just pootles the same as any 1.0 shopping car, but the moment your foot goes down?....  :clap: I have to be honest, we had an awful lot of long stares on the way home. Beautiful car? Nope, just still covered in transport wrap with numbers and codes scribbled over the windows (out of sight lines) from the docks! haha. I pulled over at our local supermarket (the wife went in for extra mature steaks) and ripped them off in the end. It looks gorgeous! The transport wrap was absolutely caked in tar and iron from the journey over, and the paint needs a really thorough decontamination (iron, tar, glue) as you can really feel the bonded fallout on the clearcoat. Absolutely beautiful from a few feet away, though, and it goes like stink!

I will leave on the interior protection (instrument binnacle, Columbus, seats, carpets) until I have a free day this weekend to do it properly and protect everything, get the mats installed etc. Until then it's time for steak... followed by a few hours out blasting through the Yorkshire Moors or Welsh Mountains to run her in. Decisions, decisions... 

Edited to add: I'll pre-empt the inevitable question. It had 7 miles on the clock from new (including the dealer fuelling up for us), and now has about 25 miles. It was showing 4mpg on the DriveGreen on handover; that's shuttling around factories and the ferry for you lol. By the time we'd got it home - using the back roads to help vary revs/speed/gears for running in - it's now showing 30mpg. It was a mixture of rush hour traffic, nose to tail, and the odd blast up to NSL before hitting traffic again. Since the 30mpg 'includes' the original 4mpg that's astoundingly good for an engine this big and powerful. Had I reset everything, so as not to have skewed the result with the original factory MPG, it would have been mid-30s easily. My green score is 100 btw even after 'making progress'. </smug>

Excellent news Derv, Glad you are finally getting to drive yours, as you say the engine is just a dream.  Likewise mine is running currently in the mid-30s for MPG and I think the fact that the car goes from cold to operating temperature in a very short time indeed.  Had the live average MPG screen up yesterday and was hitting the mid 50's easily when running, its pulling away and accelerating where it drops like mad but then it is a big high powered engine.  Off to London tomorrow so hoping by the time I get back on Sunday the exhaust is broken in fully, the car still sounds a bit blowy and throaty when starting with a cold engine.

• Like 1

Reading all of this is just making me jealous! I now have my order number for my car (Moon White 280 Combi with Anthracite 19s and Panoramic Roof with a host of, probably superfluous, extras). It is actually being built this week, but sadly I have to wait until early May for it due to delays.....I'm pretty patient about all that but sadly it will mean hiring a car for some aspects of my work (just left the Royal Navy (after 23 years) and off to be a consultant (probably for another 23) to pay of the mortgage!). Anyway keep it coming - this is a great site and had taught me a huge amount already. I really enjoy the variety of cars we discuss and how that variety works differently for so many people - from 1.4s to 280s, to combi or hatch, and from white to petrol blue fabulous - keep it coming! I hope to meet some of you in the future and view a few different cars.

• Like 1

Congratulations. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys. It was worth it in the end!

Pentaxian: Yes it should only take a few miles to bed the exhaust in. Ours is a bit throaty and there was a faint whiff of the oils burning off on the way back. A nice long run out will be a pleasure in yours. :)

IronAda: We were in your position not too long ago. Delays, stress, thinking you'd never get around to owning it... As I said, definitely worth it in the end. Yours will be here soon enough for you to enjoy! 

I did notice that the glovebox has the seemingly obligatory misfit on the left hand side (closest to passenger door). It was OK until I put the handbook in there and closed it again, but it's a quick fix and not a problem in the interim. All brollys accounted for, all options as specified (though that rear wiper really does spoil the lines lol). Now to spend ten minutes to get the writing off the windows and remove the glue from the interior windscreen (from the transport ticket) so I really can see properly. :D She'll be on the driveway once we get back from a nice run out later, but for now the road is easier. A few pics (apologies if they're too much!), but unfortunately once again the phone camera fails to capture the 'greenish gloss' look over the blue:

post-63706-0-06849700-1459531982_thumb.jpg

post-63706-0-56778500-1459531982_thumb.jpg

post-63706-0-41487300-1459532089_thumb.jpg

post-63706-0-60861900-1459531983_thumb.jpg

post-63706-0-10624000-1459531984_thumb.jpg

post-63706-0-64919200-1459531984_thumb.jpg

post-63706-0-11064700-1459531985_thumb.jpg

post-63706-0-61682900-1459531985_thumb.jpg

Please do excuse the house, we've only recently moved in and with a 1 year old the interior took priority. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Our order is now complete. Took delivery of our new car yesterday.

Order date 27th November 2015

Build week 9 (confirmed out of the factory Wednesday)

At dealers 28/29th March

Collected 1st April 2016

• Like 1

Superb 1.4 150 TSI act DSG Style Hatch ordered 4th november 2015, dealer informed in start January that he has an unconfirmed build week 13, now dealer says build week 19 still unconfirmed, hope we will get it before summer holiday :-)

Superb 1.4 150 TSI act DSG Style Hatch ordered 4th november 2015, dealer informed in start January that he has an unconfirmed build week 13, now dealer says build week 19 still unconfirmed, hope we will get it before summer holiday :-)

Which year ? ( sorry --didnt mean to rub it in  :dull: )

I see all the petrol blue 'on orders' and 'just picked up'... i have a petrol blue and i love it.

But christ almighty it needs regular washing.

Shows up dirt (on the flanks) like a mother!

• Like 1

I see all the petrol blue 'on orders' and 'just picked up'... i have a petrol blue and i love it.

But christ almighty it needs regular washing.

Shows up dirt (on the flanks) like a mother!

Yep, 24 hours in and already discovering this! A good sealant on the paint will help, for example Gtechniq C2v3 and/or Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer (aka BSD). They're cheap, quick and foolproof to apply and really help protect the paint and keep the dirt off. Come over to the styling section for more info.

We ordered middle of March. Been given an unconfirmed build date of week 21, end of May.

Dealer said we may have if for end of June.

Does anyone think this is likely to happen?

We are going away the first week in July so would love to have it in time but we don't want to get our hopes up.

Thanks, Tony.

If I was you I'd hope that the build week slipped to after BW22 as thats when the 2017 MY vehicles are launched and you can expect some specification changes although nobody really knows what these may be.

We ordered middle of March. Been given an unconfirmed build date of week 21, end of May.

Dealer said we may have if for end of June.

Does anyone think this is likely to happen?

We are going away the first week in July so would love to have it in time but we don't want to get our hopes up.

Thanks, Tony.

Hmm, When does the factory shut down for Summer holidays ?   -----------  just asking........................