Visually etc. My car of the day -today

vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...

That colour is my favourite  ever VW colour on any GolfGTi & would have loved it on my Golf R s mk7 -7.5. Would also be great on a mk8

• Like 1

On 27/04/2023 at 09:19, Gaz said:

One of the very last Mk1's 😎, at my local Indy:

IMG_6646.thumb.jpeg.7beed3767403feca5da4a003caef6ba3.jpeg

Gaz

Had it on my mk2

29 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Had it on my mk2

My Mk2 was Black.  It's right what they say about black being a hobby rather than a colour.  

If I had to have a favourite (on a Mk2), I think it'd be Monza Blue - cracking on sunny day 😎

Gaz

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Dolomite Sprint in Tesco car park.  Tesco's seems to be a good place for interesting and unusual cars (for me at least!):

IMG_6967.thumb.jpeg.d417f9ff2e7101eb21304e59113f5c30.jpeg

Gaz

Absolutely loved my Dolomite (alas an 1850, not a Sprint). Some how I managed to buy it when I was 18yo; and with about 18 months driving experience it led to an interesting conversation with the insurance broker - resulting in the premium being about the same as what I paid for the car. Taught me to check insurance premiums before buying a car!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Morgan?

G

Yep. Niche Japanese maker. Was watching something about them a couple of months ago onTV I think but forgot which programme. Top Gear maybe 🤔

Sorry that was replying to @StevesTruck

Edited by @Lee

• 1 month later...

We went to Blenheim Palace today.  Highlight for me was seeing this 1990 900 S:

IMG_8274.thumb.jpeg.338c6ca2a6202ab0c28f9963832616a2.jpeg

Not perfect, but lovely to see all the same 😎

We got caught in the M40 Southbound carnage on the way home.  Added two and a half hours to our journey, with over two hours to do just under two miles.  Sounded pretty serious with major work needed to repair the central barrier.  Lots of people seemed to think it was okay to put their hazard lights on and go along the hard shoulder to get ahead of the rest of us.

Gaz

• Like 1

I saw this last month, caught my eye enough to take a photo of it (forgot the photo until checking my phone just now)

20231004_182450.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen a few of these Ineos Grenadier,s now and all with all the option bits and personal plates on them.

Maybe like in the picture of the LR above, about posing more than the need of a rough tough working 4x4.

This one i like in being basic and on the right tyres and very likely to do the job they were designed and engineered to do. 

DSC_0410.JPG

DSC_0411.JPG

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rooted said:

very likely to do the job they were designed and engineered to do. 

Would that be parking in the spaces reserved for those in need? 😄

BTW I dont include those with children in that category although the supermarkets seem to.

• Groan 1

@J.R.

Some of us that are disabled get sick feed up of those that assume if not in a Invalid Carriage you might not be disabled or have a disabled passenger, or have a Blue badge/

That is not Disabled bays, it is Children in cars type parking. 

People with children i vehicles might well need the doors wide open to get them in and out child seats and buckled in. 

This is the Disabled Parking bays.

These are not Chelsea Tractors, just an actual tractor and vehicles as you might see in a market town in a rural area.

DSCN3943.JPG.b6676d9c47bac5ee5b59a3e34a4c3464.JPG.5e939cdf1d4b3e967b666f0939656da1.jpeg

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't assume anything, well I did actually, knowing that you take a forensic interest in EV's parked up charging, knowing that you were disabled I assumed that if it was a disabled space (not clear to me from the photo) then you would have looked for a badge and would have responded to tell me that it did or didn't.

We can agree to disagree regarding giving priority spaces to supposed families, I would much prefer them to be given over to the handicapped, many that I see parking in them are lazy and entitled, they may have children but not with them, the very provision of such spaces feeds that entitlement.

The French system is a good compromise, they would have wider spaces with a similar pictogram at the ends of the parking rows, not right outside the building, a lot of them have now become EV charging points so it was not a legal requirement, I doubt it is in the UK.

On 18/11/2023 at 20:39, Gaz said:

We went to Blenheim Palace today.  Highlight for me was seeing this 1990 900 S:

IMG_8274.thumb.jpeg.338c6ca2a6202ab0c28f9963832616a2.jpeg

Not perfect, but lovely to see all the same 😎

We got caught in the M40 Southbound carnage on the way home.  Added two and a half hours to our journey, with over two hours to do just under two miles.  Sounded pretty serious with major work needed to repair the central barrier.  Lots of people seemed to think it was okay to put their hazard lights on and go along the hard shoulder to get ahead of the rest of us.

Gaz

Some cars are just cars & some you really bond with. Had a 9000 CSE 2.3 lpt. That was the first car I really bonded with. Followed by a 9-5. Loved my Saabs.

3 hours ago, Wildmoose said:

Some cars are just cars & some you really bond with. Had a 9000 CSE 2.3 lpt. That was the first car I really bonded with. Followed by a 9-5. Loved my Saabs.

Yep :nod:  The car immediately before my first Skoda was a 9-5 HOT Aero in Cosmic blue 😎

It was the first car I'd owned that had my Dad saying 'Jeeeeessuuzzz!!' as we blew off the cobwebs.

Gaz

• Haha 2

On 22/12/2023 at 22:34, Gaz said:

Yep :nod:  The car immediately before my first Skoda was a 9-5 HOT Aero in Cosmic blue 😎

It was the first car I'd owned that had my Dad saying 'Jeeeeessuuzzz!!' as we blew off the cobwebs.

Gaz

I so wanted an Aero. A few posts up you'll see my Audi S8. It was that or a 9000 or 9-5 Aero. Still find myself looking. Just can't run 3 cars. We'll see...

• Like 1

On 22/12/2023 at 22:34, Gaz said:

Gaz

My Mrs and all her family are all Saab fans. They don't have them now but fond memories of 90s, 900s and 9-3s

• Like 1