What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Stripped the rear end of to start the process of changing the chain to belt drive. Really surprised that the swing arm bolt did not give me any problem after being on for approaching 15 years since new and I have had it for 14 of those years and 43k miles.

Cleaned a few bits and started to scrape, rub, wire brush and grind down the swing arm.

Took the afternoon off to trip over to Aprilia Performance in Tamworth.

Really nice guys over there actually and certainly know their stuff. Theyll be doing my servicing and what not i think!

Got me a sidestand off a Fireblade. So i need to fit that tomorrow really. Depends when somebodys around to sit on it whilst i do it haha

Took the afternoon off to trip over to Aprilia Performance in Tamworth.

Really nice guys over there actually and certainly know their stuff. Theyll be doing my servicing and what not i think!

Got me a sidestand off a Fireblade. So i need to fit that tomorrow really. Depends when somebodys around to sit on it whilst i do it haha

Just get all the cushions off the sofa and put them by the side of the bike then lay it down carefully....no one will ever know...unless the petrol tank leaks :devil:  

• Like 1

Just get all the cushions off the sofa and put them by the side of the bike then lay it down carefully....no one will ever know...unless the petrol tank leaks :devil:  

ahaa... should be okay.. even the petrol tank is plastic... 

i'll just nip out to the garage...... ;):D

Oh no.  Now you have really done it mentioning Mad's favourite group!  He will be along soon with loads of puns with their song title..........knowing me, knowing you.

Its all Money Money Money at the moment though! :D 

It should go without saying the best Abba song has to be Tiger! :D   I don't think they did one called Daytona.

Obviously I am the only one in here old enough to recall going to the pictures to letch at a certain blonde's rear.

Edited by Chriswright03

Well at least you have the 7" version. Get a B*M and it's the 12" which is standard

Im abit lost tbh. 

At risk of sounding rude.. what of mine is 7inch and what of yours is 12? 

Stands? haha. 

Cake looks lovely chris! Nice one! 

I was messaging a guy off ebay this morning about an Abba Stand. He's got one for sale a week old. Starting bid was £60 so i offered him £70 n ill collect today. He said £75 n i can have it.. which i thought was abit pedantic, for a fiver. 

So i told him to forget it, as they're £92 new, delivered to my door (hes about an hour and a half each way from me). He said he cant lose £22 in a week on something. 

So i ordered a new one. 

He's literally just mailed me back after i've ordered one, saying he will accept £70 if i collect today. 

LOL. Too late.. that'll teach him for being fussy over a fiver. 

• Like 1

It should go without saying the best Abba song has to be Tiger! :D   I don't think they did one called Daytona.

Obviously I am the only one in here old enough to recall going to the pictures to letch at a certain blonde's rear.

Oh no you're not as I resemble that remark too. Child of the 50's me 

Im abit lost tbh. 

At risk of sounding rude.. what of mine is 7inch and what of yours is 12? 

Stands? haha. 

OK I'll explain.... A bit obscure for you young un's I guess. The 7" and 12" refer to vinyl singles that were common years ago played at 45 rpm on a grammaphone :D .

Basically the 12" was the extended single which IIRC you paid more for so as anything to do with BM is a trousers down exercise and generally more expensive than other bikes that's where my warped sense of humour had strayed to....

Hey I am posh Ade I will have you know.  I have two trumpets!  Sherlocks in Whitby.  The best carrot cake I have ever found and I have tried a few.  Well actually there is a place in Richmond North Yorks that have carrot cake that has 3 layers rather than this 2 so maybe that is best.

So did you used to buy the singles that had been in a juke box and you had to get an adaptor to put in the centre so you could play them on your Dansette?

Hey I am posh Ade I will have you know.  I have two trumpets!  Sherlocks in Whitby.  The best carrot cake I have ever found and I have tried a few.  Well actually there is a place in Richmond North Yorks that have carrot cake that has 3 layers rather than this 2 so maybe that is best.

So did you used to buy the singles that had been in a juke box and you had to get an adaptor to put in the centre so you could play them on your Dansette?

Have to say I'm not a cake man but I can be persuaded when it comes to Carrot cake. The BIL was a copper and used to have his 'regular' stop off at the local bakery when on nights, then there was the chineese etc.etc. Hmmm vinyl, now that would be telling....the little triangular ones that clipped in the hole or the one you put over the centre of the turntable???? I spent many an hour in our local record shop during the late 60's and early 70's BUT it had NOTHING to do with the gorgeous girl behind the counter of course. I remember rushing to get the latest singles that had just been released straight after school before they sold out and building crystal sets to listen to Radio Caroline......Then I got a job and CDs came out in the mid 80's....now I'm retired...we all know what comes next!