What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Outstanding ! Love pictures of man cave projects. How big is the shed ?

Are you kitting out the inside ? I'd imagine a cake rack will be installed somewhere ?

My shed gets delivered and built next Friday , cannot wait.

• Like 2

took mine out for a blast before it gets too cold , filled tank with shell v power £12,did about 40+ miles on shropshire b roads in beautifull sunshine, what a great afternoon :sun:

Edited by g0bgb
  • Like 1

My shed will be delivered a week on Friday and put up by the then. It is 12' x 6' and once I try the bike for size in there I will decide what else to do. I have specified 2 x 3' doors as the shed has to be 6' deep for it to fit so large doors should help to get the big lump in easier. It is 8' long so it will still be a tight fit I think.

There all be electric to it and we are hoping to be able to have room for a freezer in there. After that a few tools and odds and sods but we have two other sheds so we don't need to cram everything in there.

Liking your style Chris.

There's going to be some interesting updates to compare notes on.

My lump is currently in a 10 X 8 shed and is longer than 8 foot so has to go diagonally.

There will be so much room in the new man palace.

Dude ? What about those sunny dry winter days ? Noooooooo.

mind you it was a horrific ride in this morning pitch black and absolutely wanging it down.

can only praise the rukka gear and Daytona boots. Dry as a bone.

Dude ? What about those sunny dry winter days ? Noooooooo.

mind you it was a horrific ride in this morning pitch black and absolutely wanging it down.

can only praise the rukka gear and Daytona boots. Dry as a bone.

Wha. The salty ones? Haha.

Good to hear the gear is still holding up (:

I dont commute on it anyway. Can barely get everythin in the T5 lol

• Like 1

Was supposed to go out on a practice run with the RATS in prep for a charity run next year in aid of the Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance. 

http://www.ambucopter.org.uk/event/lincs-notts-air-ambulance-charity-ride-out/

As the guy doing the drive hasn't finished I wanted to be here to keep an eye on him and make sure he did what he was supposed to do before he clears off for a week.  Shame as they had a really good run out.  The drive is about half done I suppose and the shed base is finished.  He will be back a week on Monday to finish off and the shed will be up on the Friday before.  So we need to contact a sparky to get him to connect the leccy to the shed and the bike will be able to be under cover for the first time.

It is a pity the guy didn't get it finished.  He lost half a day on Wednesday due to the rain and was here today when he thought he would be finished by yesterday.  I think he has grossly underestimated the amount of work but that is his problem and the price will remain the same.

post-127221-0-51897500-1445625451_thumb.jpg

So where the wall is will be where the shed sits.  The wall is 6' tall and the shed will be the full 2.5m (I don't 'do' metric) but think that is around 8' at the front and the Pent roof will slope down at the back.

• Like 1

Lol yeah you know it.

Nearly gave in to the heated grips this morning, starting to get properly cold now. Brrrr.

Dear Santa will you bring me a heated jacket liner this year cos the wife wont.

Got me a heated Milwaukee jacket that runs off my drill batterys. Its great. Fits under the bike jacket too ;).

• Like 1

Looking awesome Chris. Always good to have the bike out of the weather. I've been lucky to always have a garage, moved into this old cottage and it had no storage so the first month it lived in the hallway much to the wife's disgust.

Then got a big metal shed and now get the man cave on the 30th. Same day as yours I think ?

Looking awesome Chris. Always good to have the bike out of the weather. I've been lucky to always have a garage, moved into this old cottage and it had no storage so the first month it lived in the hallway much to the wife's disgust.

Then got a big metal shed and now get the man cave on the 30th. Same day as yours I think ?

Tbf mate. Im surprised you bought the place with no garage. I guess it was the fact it had potential?

I look at property as a garage with a house attached haha. SWMBO has other ideas mind...

I didn't have a garage at my last place either so since 2006 I have managed without one.  Would I like one?  Yes of course but the car is better off outside and if I have a decent shed or two that will make up for it. 

We are in a converted coach house so I suppose this was the garage for the house at the front of us.  We could have had a garage built but even though it is  massive garden it would take up too much usable space.  We will be OK with the shed and as that will be the second shed and we also have a huge summer house I think we have enough storage space now.  I may consider a car port at some point but even that isn't either essential or a priority for me.

• Like 1

Received a text message yesterday from Webbs of Lincoln to say my bike is due a service.  Yes I know thanks and it will be going to the place in Louth where I used to work as an instructor as they are considerably cheaper and do a good job!

It is out of warranty now so I have no intention of having it done by a Triumph dealer. It will be done properly with Triumph or equivalent parts and that is fine by me.  It will make sod all difference to the value so I have no intention of paying extra for a Triumph stamp in the book.

• Like 1

Received a text message yesterday from Webbs of Lincoln to say my bike is due a service. Yes I know thanks and it will be going to the place in Louth where I used to work as an instructor as they are considerably cheaper and do a good job!

It is out of warranty now so I have no intention of having it done by a Triumph dealer. It will be done properly with Triumph or equivalent parts and that is fine by me. It will make sod all difference to the value so I have no intention of paying extra for a Triumph stamp in the book.

Sounds exactly like me with the car.

Fed up of lookers texting me that.

Its not even the price.. Its the **** job they do lol.

I like a ride on my own, but sometimes I do enjoy the social aspect of going 'somewhere' for a drink a bit of cake with someone. To be honest, I took the dog out and the damp leaves everywhere put me off a bit too. :D

Oh god. Dont get Chris started on cake again haha.

Yeah true that. Its that time of year again isnt it. Depressing :(. Wet leaves are a killer