What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Sold my Turban and bought an R Nine T Pure sport and have done a bit of farkling, it’s a lovely sunny day tool to go with the GSA workhorse. 

there has been much farkling from stock 😀

Dart Screen

HP Corse Can

Removed noise control valve

Removed charcoal canister 

Rev counter fitted

wrapped the intake snorkel

Fancy Bike thing tail conversion

rear subframe removed

scrambler high seat fitted

DNA Filter kit 

Ventureshield paint protection film

Bar end mirrors

and other nik naks 

30CB8184-15FC-4E2B-935C-7568167EC7FC.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CWARD said:

It's not that different from your previous bike is it? Very nice though.

Same engine and chassis, but a 17" front wheel, the Turban had GSA wheels so a 19" up front. The Pure is bum basic, and I had a lot of R nine T stuff left over from the previous bike so moved some stuff over. I just like boxer twins, but I am pre-Ewan and Charlie having had an R100S Airhead, and R100GS and an R1100GS before the craze started.

I got an excellent deal on the Pure as it was end of quarter and the dealer needed to clear two bikes to hit target, so with discounts and a couple of hundred quid in, I walked out with this. I like the Hexhead motor, it's got a lot of character, it's got throttle cables, not ride by wire, it farts, rumbles and backfires, unlike my GSA LC, which is a fantastic tool for distance work and crap UK roads, but it's a little bit clinical compared to a Hexhead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3rd time lucky????

After a pretty dire Year with Bikes I have decided to have One last crack at BMW S1000R Ownership and bought another albeit for the 2020 Season.

Been looking on and off for the past Month and decided this time I was going to get something as New and having covered as little Mileage as Possible to stand a better chance of getting something looked after. So as my previous 2 x S1000R Sports where Gen 1 Bikes I wanted the latest Gen 2 offering which came out in 2017.

Last Friday I was travelling down from Sheffield to my Dads who lives in Cambridgeshire and had seen a Bike which appeared to tick all the right boxes at Sycamore BMW Motorrad in Peterborough, I called in just have a look at the Bike out of curiosity and long story short I ended up buying it.

It is basically an As-New Bike, First registered in August 2018 and 1 Previous Keeper who is a BMW Employee and gets a New Bike every 12 Months...God knows what his exact position is within the Company?

: Gen 2, 165BHP, 2018 BMW S1000R Sport
: Motorsport Colours
: Sport and Dynamic Package so has all the toys including Cruise, Shift Assist allowing Up & Down Clutchless Gearshifts,  Also has the Optional BMW Factory Alarm.
: Done just 879 Miles from New
: Serviced at 600 Miles where the Bike has the Revs limited upto this point (Running in Service), Then again in September 2019 at 879 Miles when it was returned back to the Dealership.

Still has the original Tyres which look barely scrubbed in with Big Chicken Strips and Cosmetically I couldn't find a single Mark anywhere.

Came with the 2 Year BMW Extended Warranty with 2 Year Breakdown, Hopefully I wont ever have to use either. 

It will be getting Delivered at some point in early January due to the Xmas and New Year Period but I won't be Taxing it until March/April anyway.

Already have a few jobs/Minor upgrades lined up when I get it...

: Wunderlich Sports Screen, Light Tint

: Brembo Sintered Pads All-Round

: Evotech Radiator & Oil Cooler Guard

: Evotech Paddock Stand Bobbins

: Decent Protective Tank Pad
: Oxford Optimiser Charging Lead

Will take some more pics when its been delivered.

49226632218_20bff2cec8_c.jpg

Edited by bonelorry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bonelorry said:

3rd time lucky????

It is basically an As-New Bike, First registered in August 2018 and 1 Previous Keeper who is a BMW Employee and gets a New Bike every 12 Months...God knows what his exact position is within the Company?

Quite a lot of the Motorrad management team get bikes on this basis; it's not unusual for my local BMW dealer to have a few ex-BMW management bikes in their second hand stock.

It's a good way for BMW to get a flow of low-mile bikes into dealers stock for those that either don't want or can't afford new.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gyp said:

Quite a lot of the Motorrad management team get bikes on this basis; it's not unusual for my local BMW dealer to have a few ex-BMW management bikes in their second hand stock.

It's a good way for BMW to get a flow of low-mile bikes into dealers stock for those that either don't want or can't afford new.

That sounds about right, When he told me it was previously owned by an employee I was a bit put off At first but I scrutinised the Bike and thankfully whoever he/she was that had it have clearly looked after it.

The Headers, Rad & Oil Cooler don’t look like they have ever been wet, It was parked next to a Brand New Unregistered One which condition wise you wouldn’t tell them apart.

• 5 weeks later...

Busy few Days in the Garage, I took delivery of the Bike last Week and as usual I like to go through everything myself on any New Bike and also give it a Proper Detail to satisfy my OCD  :lol: 

Done the following on the S1000R Sport...

: Removed All Engine Plastics, Mudguard and Seats. All given proper Clean.
: Removed Front and Rear Brake Calipers, All Cleaned, Pistons pushed back by hand, All Sliders Re-Greased using Putoline Ceramic Brake Grease
: All Front of Engine and Headers given ACF50 Treatment
: Catalytic Converter Polished and ACF50'd
: Removed the Rear Wheel, Removed Sprocket Carrier & Rear Disc, De-Greased and Cleaned and re-assembled
: Removed Hugger and Chain Guard, All De-greased and Cleaned
: All Swingarm Area De-Greased, Cleaned
: Chain De-Greased, Cleaned and Re-Lubricated using Wurth High Performance Dry Chain Lubricant
: Fitted Oxford Charging Lead, Hidden away under Rear Seat Pod
: Fitted Evotech Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards
: Fitted Evotech Paddock Stand Bobbins

Only job left to do is to purchase and fit a Wunderlich Sport Screen.

49394178356_580352ca96_c.jpg

49394384232_892f933bd3_c.jpg

49393706323_6de1b8e34a_c.jpg

49393706373_e55ae78b02_c.jpg

49393706338_64ce2eb0f8_c.jpg

49393706348_6b2d9b0824_c.jpg

49393706423_3e8b3a1de2_c.jpg

• Like 1

Just fitted an LED headlight bulb to the Triumph.

I've always been sceptical about aftermarket bulbs after trying an HID that had absolutely no focus to the light at all and dazzled everyone within a 5 mile radius, but the LED ones I've bought give a similar light pattern to the H4 that I took out.

Low before

1579809818782.png

Low after

High before

High after

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ajay24 said:

Thinking of doing the same to my Tiger 800. Which LED bulbs did you buy and where from. Reckon its an easy fit for my Triumph

Following a recommendation on a Triumph forum I ordered these from the US Amazon site, and after shipping and taxes worked out at £50 landed

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQLK6SH/

There's 2 in a pack so there's one in my Triumph Street Scrambler and one in my BMW R80RT.

I ordered them from Amazon in the US as that specific bulb had been recommended, so I knew that it would fit my headlamp shell and I knew that I could return them if the light scatter was unacceptable

Looking at ebay, item 392658202141 in the UK appears to be the same, and about 1/2 the price I paid

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely looking Bike bonelorry

Are you intending to ride it on the road?

Cleaned, serviced my Bike up last week ready for its first MOT in May.

Brakes stripped & cleaned, re greased with Ceramic Brake Grease. 

Lubed all pivots, brake & clutch levers. Oil & filter done too.

Genuine mileage at 2303.

Sorry to say, but I need to sell it this year as just not using it.

Great bike sad to see it go. Ho Hum.

404656069_WP_20160627_16_54_58_Pro(3)-Copy.thumb.jpg.fcf417e7715ad08419ebd25e2ab6903f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Vfr400boy said:

Fetched it home ! 

My new toy 06 cbr600f5 

NICE choice indeed sir! 

• Like 1

My first moden bike in a few years bit more relaxed to what am used to but think she will do fine 

I will give her a clean up service etc in the next few weeks 

The down pipes look a bit rusty so might get some stainless steel ones but apart from that its quite tidy 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2020 at 17:05, Carlodiesel said:

Lovely looking Bike bonelorry

Are you intending to ride it on the road?

Cleaned, serviced my Bike up last week ready for its first MOT in May.

Brakes stripped & cleaned, re greased with Ceramic Brake Grease. 

Lubed all pivots, brake & clutch levers. Oil & filter done too.

Genuine mileage at 2303.

Sorry to say, but I need to sell it this year as just not using it.

Great bike sad to see it go. Ho Hum.

Your Tiger is looking well, Apologies about the delay replying I have been having a bit of a break from the Forum.

I do intend to ride it if I keep it, I am having second thoughts about buying it to be honest and for the reasons you have listed.

One of my options before buying the Bike was to buy a Second Car to have as a toy, I am not afraid to admit that I am a fair weather rider and OTT with keeping the Bike immaculate only and going out in anything other than Dry Weather I just don't enjoy the ride and if there is any threat of Rain I just don't get it out. With that in mind I limit myself to the amount of actual riding enjoyment I get out of the Bike.  I cant help it.

Obviously I know at this time of Year it is to be expected but my head keeps telling me that I have £11K sat in the Garage under a Cover, I had a bad Year in 2019 with Bikes and managed about 1000 Miles and sold up before the end of the Season vowing not to buy another for 2020 and got carried away and bought the BMW in December.

I just think/feel I am ready for Break from Bikes, We are now into March and the Season is just around the corner. I usually start to get excited about getting out but not this time 😞

28 minutes ago, bonelorry said:

I have owned 2 x of these, A 2002 Tri-Colour and a 2006 in Black/Silver.

Great Bikes!

What mpg was you getting? And are they ok 2 up ? 

Am on the look out for some header pipes if any one knows of any