Superb’s available to view at the following dealers

Sorry beat you to it yesterday  :D

Then I'll hang my head in shame for not trawling back - there was me thinking I was keeping an eye on this thread, desperate to get a drive of the car!

Out of interest have you had a drive?

• Like 1

Yes scroll up to post #92 above for my views on it.

Did you drive it?

Gawd, it gets worse - I actually read your thoughts earlier on.  Apologies.  

No I haven't driven it and won't now get a chance until next week.  Rather hoping it lives up to expectations.  

i saw a new Superb the other week in Edinburgh with the West End garage stickers on, but ive since been for a quick nose and couldnt see it in the showroom or forecourt (didnt get out and chat)

• Like 2

i saw a new Superb the other week in Edinburgh with the West End garage stickers on, but ive since been for a quick nose and couldnt see it in the showroom or forecourt (didnt get out and chat)

I'm sure I could persuade SWMBO to have a day trip to Edinburgh from Aberdeen, and just happen to be in the area of the West End Skoda dealership :)

I take it you went to the Sighthill dealership? There's two other West End Skoda dealers, one at Broxburn and the other at Dunfermline. May just give them a call in the morning.

Broxburn doesn't do new cars. They've also taken over the Stirling dealership

Ah, not been to Broxburn dealership for a while. Thanks for the info. Right, Dunfermline or Sighthill? Stirling unlikely if car seen being driven in Edinburgh; bit far for a test drive.

Ridgeway Newbury

SE L

190 DSG hatch

Business Grey with Alcantara

19 inch alloys

Ridgeway Newbury has an SEL 190 DSG hatch in Business Grey with Alcantara and 19 inch alloys. Looks lovely! Also they have a white SEL Estate due next week.

Cheers
Rory

Edited by Gizmo68

West End Dunfermline (Halbeath).

SE L Exec estate,

Moon White

black alcantara upholstery

remote rear seat release in the boot

variable boot floor.

19" wheels

Found it! It's a Moon White SE L Exec 150 estate, 19" wheels, with black alcantara upholstery and it's at West End Dunfermline (Halbeath).

It has electric tailgate, remote rear seat release in the boot, and variable boot floor.

Very nice.

One thing was that there was no handle or similar in the boot for closing it. Not sure if that was due to the electric tailgate option. Has anyone seen one without the powered boot that could confirm if it had an internal handle, strap, hand hold or similar? I'm only 5'2" and it was a stretch to get my hand to the outside - would be quite tricky if wet.

Edited by Gizmo68

One thing was that there was no handle or similar in the boot for closing it. Not sure if that was due to the electric tailgate option. Has anyone seen one without the powered boot that could confirm if it had an internal handle, strap, hand hold or similar? I'm only 5'2" and it was a stretch to get my hand to the outside - would be quite tricky if wet.

Yes according in the manual it shows the usual rubber strap to close the boot, this is only fitted to cars without the electric tailgate (S & SE)

Ridgeway Oxford (Kidlington) has one Mk III, parked behind all the second hand cars at the front of the lot but just in front of the showroom so accessible out of hours.

An SE L Exec estate, White (exact shade TBC), Alcantara seats, Kessy, DSG, 19" Alloys (Sirius, I think). Currently covered in "This is a new Superb" stickers.

Dealership was just closing as I stopped off on my way home this evening. I'll be popping in tomorrow to take a proper look and will try to post more info.

Was told by DM Keith in Huddersfield today that they won't have any on display until the 17th September as they are having a launch night. He said they had a white SE l estate delivered.

My experience of talking to various dealers is that they doubt they will ever get a Petrol demonstrator. Such a shame when you consider how many people have `seen the light` and want a Petrol engine.