The Superb III Picture thread

On 11/05/2018 at 23:23, Marko_d said:

Just took delivery of this today. 150 DSG. Some difference in build quality Compared to my octavia vrs

IMG-20180511-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20180511-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20180511-WA0024.jpg

Could I have spotted this car in Portrush recently? Was this colour with the red detailing around grill anyway, hardly too many about with that spec. Looked well! I’m changing from octavia III vrs tdi to a black sportline 190, hopefully next week.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is that SUBURBS or SUPERB'S?:blink:

don't be sad I'm using the free time to sort out a new Suburb (lol) just haven't seen one in Emerald green. It's that or Quartz Grey but I already have a Quartz grey so thinking of a change

6 minutes ago, harryweld said:

don't be sad I'm using the free time to sort out a new Suburb (lol) just haven't seen one in Emerald green. It's that or Quartz Grey but I already have a Quartz grey so thinking of a change

Saw that colour on a new Karoq at the local Skoda dealer the other day and it looked awful, but it was a very dull day.:tongueout:

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Saw that colour on a new Karoq at the local Skoda dealer the other day and it looked awful, but it was a very dull day.:tongueout:

I do like the Quartz especially the way it changes from grey on a dull day to green on a bright day. just looking for something a little different.

1 minute ago, harryweld said:

I do like the Quartz especially the way it changes from grey on a dull day to green on a bright day. just looking for something a little different.

Not sure I was clear but the Karoq was in Emerald Green, looked like the same green as an old Land Rover Defender.:tongueout:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Colmgaughan said:

Any pictures of a sportline in biz gray with a black roof wrapped. Anyone? 

mine is not a sportline, but its business grey, with black roof wrap, and a sportline rear diffusor.......

aviary-image-1525674087942.thumb.jpeg.6c05f169c0145826e9ca62380bb2187a.jpegaviary-image-1525674202052.thumb.jpeg.f867b8784f11910d62cdb5ab4e4a45dd.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JR RS said:

mine is not a sportline, but its business grey, with black roof wrap, and a sportline rear diffusor.......

aviary-image-1525674087942.thumb.jpeg.6c05f169c0145826e9ca62380bb2187a.jpegaviary-image-1525674202052.thumb.jpeg.f867b8784f11910d62cdb5ab4e4a45dd.jpeg

Guess you didn't make those doughnuts in the car park. Nice car though good job whoever did the wrap. Want to do the bonnet and roof on my Octy VRS.:clap:

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Guess you didn't make those doughnuts in the car park. Nice car though good job whoever did the wrap. Want to do the bonnet and roof on my Octy VRS.:clap:

lol - someone prepared those donuts earlier!!! :biggrin:

yes, very happy with the wrap.  very nicely and cleanly done.

even happier that they did it without removing the roof aerial, because that would've required the inside roof liner to be dropped at the rear in order to unscrew the aerial.   there is no gurantee, in that case, that the roof liner will retain is tension/tidyness after being pulled down.

28 minutes ago, JR RS said:

lol - someone prepared those donuts earlier!!! :biggrin:

yes, very happy with the wrap.  very nicely and cleanly done.

even happier that they did it without removing the roof aerial, because that would've required the inside roof liner to be dropped at the rear in order to unscrew the aerial.   there is no gurantee, in that case, that the roof liner will retain is tension/tidyness after being pulled down.

I know you paid in AUD$ but could you give me approx. cost for the roof?:blink:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

I know you paid in AUD$ but could you give me approx. cost for the roof?:blink:

i got a "mates rates" deal.

normally it would cost about $450 AUD.

mine was Gloss Black.

Carbon Gloss Black would've cost more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JR RS said:

i got a "mates rates" deal.

normally it would cost about $450 AUD.

mine was Gloss Black.

Carbon Gloss Black would've cost more.

Thanks roughly £225 then. Should cost me about £500 total to have the bonnet done as well. Appreciate you sharing that info.:clap:

23 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not sure I was clear but the Karoq was in Emerald Green, looked like the same green as an old Land Rover Defender.:tongueout:

LOL I found a dealer around 40 miles from me had a Emerald Supurb estate and a Kodiaq in so I went to take a look. I think the reference to a Landie Defender was a bit harsh but it's definitely not the colour for me. 

The supurb looked nice with beige trim but think its now a choice between Quartz or Business Grey 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harryweld said:

LOL I found a dealer around 40 miles from me had a Emerald Supurb estate and a Kodiaq in so I went to take a look. I think the reference to a Landie Defender was a bit harsh but it's definitely not the colour for me. 

The supurb looked nice with beige trim but think its now a choice between Quartz or Business Grey 

When the Karoq first launched back in January there was a magazine feature with an Edition version (19" alloys) in Emerald and under studio lights it looked great. So I was genuinely underwhelmed by seeing one outside in the flesh. Ithink the Velvet red suffers as well in overcast conditions looking much nicer in sunny weather IMHO.B)