The Superb III Picture thread

Just now, mandp said:

`YOU` are Shy 245 . `Top pic` is 272 . `Bottom pic` is 363.

What's my prize?

First prize in the Smart Arse section. Without being a Freedom member I can't change the reference to my previous car the Octavia 245 Vrs but that ended up with 340PS anyway and the Octavia actually had 252PS as standard anyway.;)

1 minute ago, Raymundo91 said:

I'd have less than 50 miles left in my tank :D

Got to do another 162 miles by Sunday morning when it will get a full tank which will be hopefully even cheaper than the last tank. It went down 3 pence per litre last time.

4 hours ago, ArisaigDavid said:

Not sure I'd be running my tank that low in these times - mine stays as near to brimmed as I can keep it, and to hell with a few pence per litre one way or the other!

Keeping it brimmed is throwing fuel away lugging round a full tank weighing about 40+ kg of fuel.

dont need to risk it empty but topping up more than actually necessary is burning money. Also bad for the environment as you burning more fuel than necessary.

• Like 1

Just now, LS8Pilot said:

Keeping it brimmed is throwing fuel away lugging round a full tank weighing about 40+ kg of fuel.

dont need to risk it empty but topping up more than actually necessary is burning money. Also bad for the environment as you burning more fuel than necessary.

A full tank is more like 65kg and with one third of a tank left would explain how I managed a 44.4mpg on my commute tonight. I doubt I could have achieved that with a full tank. Skoda combined figure for my car is 39.8mpg so by beating it by 10% I also lowered my co2 from 161gm/km to about 145gm/km. Good for my wallet and the trees.;)

25 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

A full tank is more like 65kg and with one third of a tank left would explain how I managed a 44.4mpg on my commute tonight. I doubt I could have achieved that with a full tank. Skoda combined figure for my car is 39.8mpg so by beating it by 10% I also lowered my co2 from 161gm/km to about 145gm/km. Good for my wallet and the trees.;)

Tell all of that to the fairies when you find the petrol station closed for lack of staff.

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Full tank is 70l. Volumic mass of petrol is around 0.8kg/l. This means ~56kg. Removing 2/3 saves only 37 kg. Compared to a car weighting about 1600 kg... I don't think you can save that much on mpg. Better increase tyres pressure, clean all filters, shut A/C off, feather the throttle and... ask SWMBO to get off the car...  One should save more than 37 kg...😁

• Thanks 1