The Superb III Picture thread

2 hours ago, Paul007 said:

Good luck keeping it clean. I had a sprint yellow Octavia vRS and it barely lasted a day before showing signs of roadgrime.

Lol.  Your absolutely right...it lasted about 12 hours.  The heavens opened and is caked in mud.  

Hit a Ratchet strap on my way home from work a couple week ago! Took a Right chunk out the sump! Luckily nothing went into the engine and it just smashed the sump and baffles!

sump.jpg

sump2.jpg

• Sad 3
  • Groan 1

4 hours ago, nobby39 said:

280 Remapped yesterday.. Up around 360...Goes like the wind..

20200612_200033.jpg

Be careful, better keep discrete about this performance level, before your car get withdrawn temporarily by HBO (High Boost Office) 😄

13 hours ago, nobby39 said:

280 Remapped yesterday.. Up around 360...Goes like the wind..

20200612_200033.jpg

Awesome colour, love it. Who did you go with for the remap?

19 hours ago, Peter1956 said:

My Sportsline is now 3 years old and still loving it. just gave it a good clean, clay, polish and finished with a ceramic coating. Very happy with the outcome.

20200612_124659.jpg

20200612_124733.jpg

Treat it to a remap for its Birthday you won't regret it honestly.:)

10 minutes ago, nobby39 said:

Had a remap done last Wednesday.  The car is not well.  Only drove it local and all was well until i took it on a longer journey to the lakes on Saturday.  Long story short it had to be recovered by the AA.  Over fueling, combustion and firing issues.  The AA have given me the report/issue logs which are quite varied.  It also smells very petrolly.  Tried to clear the error codes with zero success.  The guys who did it in fairness are looking at the issues and will collect it later today to go into their garage who will hopefully sort it.  As it stands no car and not very happy.....

This shouldn't happen unless you paid little money and the guys that did the work are not competent. My last 2 cars mapped at AmD in Grays Essex have clocked up over 34,000 trouble free miles with improved economy despite both producing 90bhp more than standard. Octavia 336bhp and 360bhp Superb. Decent tuners have their own rolling road to adjust/fine tune and give you a before and after power/torque graph. A good tune should improve the drivability of the car not lead to a breakdown.

51 minutes ago, nobby39 said:

Had a remap done last Wednesday.  The car is not well.  Only drove it local and all was well until i took it on a longer journey to the lakes on Saturday.  Long story short it had to be recovered by the AA.  Over fueling, combustion and firing issues.  The AA have given me the report/issue logs which are quite varied.  It also smells very petrolly.  Tried to clear the error codes with zero success.  The guys who did it in fairness are looking at the issues and will collect it later today to go into their garage who will hopefully sort it.  As it stands no car and not very happy.....

Which company did the re-map?

Sometimes the quality of the after care service shows more about the company than the BHP figures!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nobby39 said:

Bummer, that's the stuff of nightmares. Fingers crossed they'll fix it of for you mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous pic

don't recognise the alloys, are they new on the Sportline or L&K?

nice colour

hope you enjoying the superb. They are a lovely car and well spec’d for the money vs the Passat ?

3 hours ago, LS8Pilot said:

nice colour

Those alloys r not new with the facelift Superb.

They're known as either Phoenix or Trinity, depending on market.

Screenshot_20200429-220409.thumb.png.4078921d92922da86f2a396152c0bd34.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LS8Pilot said:

Gorgeous pic

nice colour

hope you enjoying the superb. They are a lovely car and well spec’d for the money vs the Passat ?

The alloys is called Trinity here in Sweden and comes as standard with the L&K trim. 

I’m totally in love this far.